When it comes to sharing a long text message or any other important information with several of your contacts.
You must know how to forward text messages on Android. By doing so, the same message will be delivered to the further recipient without much hassle.
However, most Android users find it challenging to forward text messages on Android, and that’s why we have prepared this article. As we will advance, you will learn how to forward text messages on Android – to one and multiple recipients.
Note: The exact steps would vary depending on the Android you own and its firmware.
How To Forward Text Messages On Android Using The Copy-Paste Method?
The ancient method to forward text messages on Android is the copy-paste method.
All you need to do is copy the entire text that has to be sent and then open the inbox chat option of the required recipient. Paste the copied text, and hit Send. It is as simple as that.
One of the plus points of this method is the recipient will not get to know the source of the message; it will simply show you send it.
However, there are more convenient ways now to forward text messages on Android than going for the old copy-paste option.
How To Forward Text Messages On Android?
With Android being everyone’s go-to mobile phone, it is easy to learn how to forward text messages on Android.
However, it can be noted that every brand has a slightly different option, so we have generalized it into two basic methods:
- To One Recipient
Every Android handset comes with a built-in messaging app, so here are the steps to forward a text message to a single recipient:
- On your phone, open the built-in Messaging app.
- Then open the conversation from which a particular message has to be forwarded.
- Now, press and hold on to the message you want to forward.
- As the desired message gets selected, you will notice three dots in the top-right corner of the app.
- Tap the three-dot option.
- Various options will get displayed. Out of that, choose the Forward option.
- Choose the recipient from your contacts or enter the phone number.
- Press Done.
- Hit Send (arrow option at the bottom right corner of the app).
Here’s another way to forward text messages on Android.
- Open the default Messaging app on your phone.
- Then, choose the conversation from which the message has to be forwarded.
- Press and hold the particular message that you want to forward.
- As you press and hold, a menu bar will appear; select Forward from it.
- Now, choose the recipient from your phonebook or enter the number.
- Press Done.
- Now select the send button appearing on the bottom right corner of the app.
- To Multiple Recipients
Now, if you want to forward a text message to several receipts at a time rather than one-by-one forwarding to each of them, then below are the steps to forward text messages on Android to multiple recipients.
- Open the messaging app of your Android phone.
- Select the conversation from which a message needs to be forwarded.
- Now choose the message that you want to forward.
- Press and hold on to the message as it gets selected.
- Select the three dots on the top-right corner of the screen.
- After clicking on the three dots option, choose Forward.
- Now go through your contacts and select the desired recipients to whom the message has to be forwarded. (Note: Each selected contact will have a checkmark on their name.)
- Press Done.
- Hit send.
How To Forward A Text Message To Email On Android?
Now that you know how to forward text messages on Android but what if you want to forward the same msg via email? Then you have to follow different steps.
Forwarding text messages to email on Android also lets you save the messages permanently.
- Use A Third-Party App
- Via The Default Messaging App
1. Use A Third-Party App
To do the work for you, there are several third-party apps available on the play store that help you automatically forward text messages to email on Android.
By doing this, you can easily archive your conversations without actually doing them manually and wasting your time and efforts.
One such app is an SMS Forwarder. Apps like this let you forward all the required text messages to your email address and save them permanently.
This comes in handy when you can’t keep track of all the conversations, but they can be needed at any time to help with the work. Additionally, there is no risk of losing any messages in between the forwarding.
Below are the steps to forward text messages to email on Android by using a third-party app like SMS Forwarder:
- Open the Google Play Store, and download and install the app.
- Once the app is installed, open it and switch to the “Filters” section and then select the plus button at the bottom of the screen.
- From there, select the SMS option.
- Now the app will ask for the email address (or phone number) to which the messages must be forwarded and then save it.
- Once you enter the email address, the app will ask you to log in using your email account or to forward through SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol).
- Once the logging process is done, a test email will be sent to you to check the app’s working.
2. Via The Default Messaging App
If you take your privacy more seriously and do not want any third-party app to come in between, then use the default messaging app on your phone to forward the messages to email on Android. Here are the steps:
- Open the default messaging app.
- Select the conversation from which the message has to be forwarded.
- Press and hold the particular message.
- Now, tap the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen.
- From the menu, choose the Forward option.
- On the box appearing at the top, enter the email address to which the message has to be forwarded.
- Tap the Send button.
Another way to forward the message to email if you can’t enter the email address in the field steps as follows:
- Open the messaging app on your phone.
- Now locate the conversation which contains the message that has to be forwarded.
- Press and hold on to the message.
- In the menu, select the share option.
- From the options given, select the email app.
- Enter the recipient’s email address.
- Hit the send button.
How To Forward Text Messages On WhatsApp?
WhatsApp is one of the most favorite messaging apps that is used worldwide. Through this app, it is easy to forward messages to any of your contacts. Besides texting, it offers many features, such as voice and video calling.
The app itself comes with a forwarding option, whether it is about text, images, files, or location, and it as well makes it easier to select multiple recipients.
1. On Android Phone Or Tablet
Look out if you have the latest version of WhatsApp installed on your Android phone or tablet. Here are the steps to forward a text message on WhatsApp:
- Open the WhatsApp app on your phone or tablet.
- Now select the message from the conversation that has to be forwarded.
- Tap and hold the message till you see the forwarded option on the top of your chat screen.
- Tap on the Forward icon.
- Now the list of your contacts will be displayed, and then select your recipient.
- Then, tap the forward arrow icon on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Your message will be forwarded.
2. On iPhone Or iPad
To forward text messages on Android via WhatsApp, one should have installed the latest version of the app on their iPhone or iPad.
Below are the steps that should be followed to forward messages on WhatsApp:
- Open the WhatsApp app on your iPad and iPhone.
- Open the message from the conversation that you have to forward.
- Now tap and hold the message until a small menu appears above the message. From there, select the forward option.
- Once you select the forward, the list of your contacts will appear. From there, select the recipients.
- After choosing the recipient, click on the forward option appearing at the bottom right of the screen.
Note: In both cases, whether Android or iOS, WhatsApp will show the recipient that the message has been forwarded with an arrow sign at the top of the message.
How To Forward Text Messages On Facebook Messenger?
Facebook is another famous social media app that lets you connect to people worldwide.
Facebook has a messaging app that is called Facebook Messenger. Through a messenger, it gets much easier to chat with people, whether for business purposes or with your family.
Below are three methods to forward text messages on Android via Facebook.
Forwarding From Browser
If you are logging into Facebook from a browser, then below are the steps to forward text messages on Facebook:
- Open your account on the browser.
- Now click on the messages icon appearing in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select the conversation that has the message you want to forward.
- Now you will see three dots icons on the top of your screen; select it, and from there, choose the forward option.
- Now type the recipient’s name or email address and hit send.
Forwarding From Messenger App
Below are the steps to forward a text message on Facebook Messenger:
- Open the messenger app.
- Select the conversation that contains the message you want to forward.
- Long press on the message and a pop-up will appear.
- From the menu, select the forward option.
- Now enter the recipients or group names to whom you must forward the message and then hit send.
Forwarding The Entire Text Conversation On Messenger
A step-by-step guide to forwarding the entire text conversation on Messenger:
- Open your Facebook account.
- Tap on the arrow icon on the top-right of your screen.
- From there, open ‘Settings and Privacy’ and then choose settings.
- Now click on ‘your Facebook information on the menu appearing on the left.
- Then select the ‘download your information option.
- Choose ‘request a download’ and wait for the download to complete.
- Once downloaded, you must send the HTML from the file to the recipient manually, and they can open it in a web browser.
Top 3 Third-Party Apps For Text Message Forwarding On Android
Forwarding text messages on Android is quite a primary task, and rather than doing it by themselves, people take the help of third-party apps to do the same.
Below are the top 3 third-party apps that make it easier to forward text messages on Android.
1. Auto Forward Text
Auto Forward Text is a prominent app that helps forward messages to your email. You have to install the app on your phone and then configure it to either forward all the messages or select ones to your other phone.
The forwarded message to your email will contain contact details as well the location of the phone.
The app stands out in terms of security measures as it uses SSL that makes sure the data doesn’t get breached while forwarding.
Moreover, the app lets you specify keywords and forward the selective messages containing them.
2. Phone Leash
Phone Leash is another app for Android to forward messages. The app lets you forward texts or MMS to your email or another phone number.
Further, through this app, you can reply to and read the messages on your email or other phone numbers.
The app also helps in importing the history of the conversation to your email and will let you know the GPS of your other phone.
Another app that helps to forward text messages on Android is MightyText. Besides offering the forwarding the messages facility, the app offers other features too.
The app lets you forward messages to another phone number, and you can reply from your tablet or computer to the messages.
Not just that, but through this app, you can receive notifications from other apps such as WhatsApp, Snapchat, and Instagram.
The app synchronizes your phone’s multimedia with your linked computer and even creates a backup for texts and calls.
How To Forward Text Messages On iPhone?
The above sections were specifically concerned about how to forward text messages on Android, but what if you are an iPhone user? Then the procedure is different. Below are the steps to forward text messages on your iOS device.
- Open the default messaging app on your iPhone, i.e., iMessage.
- Now press and hold the message that needs to be forwarded.
- A pop-up menu will appear, and from there, select more options.
- Then a blue checkmark will appear on the message, letting you further select more messages in the conversation you want to forward.
- Now click on the arrow icon appearing on the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- The next screen will ask for the receipts, and there you can type the name from your contacts.
- Then tap the green-colored send icon.
You indeed don’t have much time on your hands you will be typing the same message for every recipient you want to share the information with.
This not only wastes your time and effort but, in some cases, the message can get altered to avoid such blunders it is advised to forward text messages on Android.