Sometimes when you forget your phone at home or take another phone with you, it would be handy if your calls could get forwarded to the phone number currently in your hand.
Whether you are in office meetings, want to avoid roaming fees, or just don’t want to be bothered on a vacation, learning how to forward calls on Android will always be useful.
Luckily, this guide provides you with an easy and comprehensive guide to set up call forwarding on Android.
What is Call Forwarding?
Your Android phones come with a feature to redirect incoming calls from one number to another phone number called call forwarding.
If you want to redirect all incoming calls to another number or on Google Voice number you forward calls on Android.
Once you set up call divert or call forward using call settings, all your incoming calls will be diverted to the mobile number you set up.
How to Forward Calls On Android?
Let us now discuss the essential settings and steps to set up call forwarding. The Steps below might differ for you based on your device and Android version but the structure is basically the same.
How To Forward Calls On Android Using Dial Codes?
Using USSD codes or dialer codes for call forwarding is an old-fashioned method that some phones and cellular networks still support.
If you have a Verizon cellular provider in the United States, you can use the following numbers to forward calls:
|To Do||Input First Number||Input Second Number|
|Forward calls for unanswered incoming calls||*71||Enter the second number on which to forward calls|
|Forward calls for all incoming calls||*72||Enter the second number on which to forward calls|
|Stop call forwarding||*73||NA|
For instance, if you want to forward all incoming calls to 123-456-7890 when you are unable to answer them, launch your phone app and enter *711234567890 and tap on the green phone icon button.
The call will be cut after a short dial tone. This will forward all incoming calls from your current number to 123-456-7890. You can cancel call forwarding by launching the phone app and entering *73 in the dial pad and calling on the number.
This method isn’t always helpful and does not work for all sim cards, thus we suggest you use either a third-party app or use the Android operating system to forward calls.
Third-party apps for call forwarding on Android
Your Android phone usually comes with in-built options to forward calls to a secondary number. However, if your mobile phone doesn’t have the said settings you can go for third-party apps that have a simpler interface.
- Call Divert – Forwarding
This app has icons that allow users to enable and disable call forwarding. It also comes with a handful of other settings and a list of dial codes that allows you to control various phone features.
- Call Forwarding
This app comes with two buttons – one for call forwarding and one for disabling it. You can use these buttons to forward calls on Android or disable them.
How To Forward Calls On Android Using Android Operating System?
On your Android phone, please follow the below steps to transfer your incoming calls to another number.
- Please launch the Phone app using the icon on your screen.
- Navigate to the top right corner and tap the menu button (three dots) and tap on the Settings option.
- Tap on Calling Accounts and then tap on Advanced Settings. Now choose the Call Forwarding option.
- If you have dual Sim, choose the Sim on which you want to set up call forwarding.
- On the following screen, you will be presented with multiple options:
- Always Forward – It is unconditional call forwarding that you can use to set your number to forward all incoming calls to your secondary number.
- When Busy – Set your number to divert incoming calls to your secondary number when you are busy (such as in a meeting).
- When Unanswered – Set your number to divert all incoming calls to your secondary number when you are unable to pick them up.
- When Unreachable – Set your number to divert all incoming calls to your secondary number when you are unreachable.
- Once you have selected the purpose for call forwarding, enter the secondary number to which you want to forward the call.
- After entering, tap on the On or OK button.
These steps will forward the calls to your secondary number. You can turn off call forwarding using the same methods.