What is the Tap Windows Adapter?
Tap Windows Adapter V9 is a driver for a network that enables a VPN connection to connect to the company’s servers. The original installation location is C:/Program Files/tap Windows. It may be found in the Network adapter category in Device management. When Tap Windows Adapter V9 is activated. Some users have reported connectivity issues, and even if the device is disabled. It will re-enable itself once the machine is rebooted.
TAP Adapter V9 may show on your device shortly after the VPN client has been installed. The majority of VPN clients use this adapter to establish a secure connection to the server. As a result, consumers may be perplexed and unsure of where the application originated.
Unlike TAP Provider V9 for Private Tunnel, this driver is safe and secure. It’s used to keep the VPN running smoothly.
Users should not tamper with this component at first. However, if connectivity problems emerge, there are a few options. You can either restart the adapter or entirely remove it and reinstall it. Issues with it usually go away, as the root of the problem is a residual adapter from a prior VPN service.
There are two versions of Windows TAP drivers, depending on your Windows version:
- On Windows XP, use the NDIS 5 driver (tap windows, version 9.9.x).
- On Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista, use the NDIS 6 driver (tap windows, version 9.21.x).
What is VPN Software?
Virtual Private Network majority of times referred to as VPN. Its features let you visit websites that are restricted in your country. It also protects you from internet providers, hackers, ISPs, and data-gathering websites. Speed up your server connections by using private, direct channels.
Several IT professionals recommend using a VPN since it minimizes the risk of many online and espionage threats. The benefits of a private connection may be enjoyed by both home and business users, making VPNs a beneficial tool for many.
When To Delete Or Reinstall The Tap Windows Adapter V9
In general, if you access the internet over a VPN network connection, there are few reasons to remove the adapter. If you’re having difficulty connecting to the VPN when it’s active, check for a faulty driver. Also, reinstall the Tap Windows Adapter.
It’s entirely likely that the remaining Tap Adapter is causing internet troubles. If you previously used a VPN connection but stopped using it in the interim. The issue will most likely be resolved by removing the adaptor. If you select to retain the VPN installed on your device, you may notice that the adapter is reinstalled.
Methods To Fix The “Tap Windows Adapter V9” Error
Tap windows adapter V9 error messages are standard errors many users have faced. Here we have provided some easy remedies to solve this error message.
1. Reset the Tap Windows Adapter Connection
Reset the TAP windows adapter V9 error by disabling and re-enable. It will reset its network functions. It may also resolve the Adapter V9 issue, and it is a relatively straightforward procedure.
All you have to perform is complete the following steps:
- On your keyboard, press the Win key.
- Type network in the search area.
- Select the network status from the search results.
- Select Network and Sharing Center from the drop-down menu.
- Select the “Change adapter settings” from the network setting window as shown in the image.
- Right-click the local area connection, using tap Windows Adapter and select Disable.
- Right-click the tap Windows Adapter again and select Enable.
- Restart your personal computer to see if things have improved.
2. Use the Internet Connection Troubleshooter
If you’re just encountering problems with your Windows PC, your network settings are most likely to blame. While the built-in Windows troubleshooter isn’t always practical, it’s worth a shot before moving on.
Using Windows’ built-in Internet Connections troubleshooter is the simplest solution.
This program can usually cure a variety of connectivity issues, so it’s worth a look.
It is what you must do:
- Press the Win key on your keyboard.
- Type troubleshoot into the search box.
- Select Troubleshoot settings and from the search results.
- Access the Additional Troubleshooters from the link given below in the same window.
- To run the troubleshooter, go to Internet Connections and select Run the Troubleshooter.
- Choose Please troubleshoot my internet connection.
- Follow the instructions in the troubleshooting wizard.
3. Re-install Tap Windows Network Adapters Driver
It’s possible that reinstalling the Adapter V9 driver will solve the problem.
However, because VPN clients require most TAP adapter drivers, most VPN companies provide their version.
As a result, it would be simpler to simply uninstall the TAP and your VPN client, then reinstall both services from scratch.
The following steps will help you reinstall your TAP driver and VPN client:
- Close your VPN and disconnect all VPN connections. It is crucial to ensure that the tap Windows V9 may be safely removed without causing any problems or issues.
- Use the Windows + S keyboard shortcut to bring up the Search functionality, or click the Search icon in your taskbar.
- Enter “Device Manager” in the search box.
- Expand the section Network Adapters.
- Locate the tap Windows Adapter V9 on your computer. The file name may also include the name of a VPN service, such as “TurboVPN TAP Adapter.” If a yellow exclamation mark is visible next to the driver icon, it implies you need to reinstall it.
- Uninstall the driver by right-clicking on it and selecting Uninstall device.
- Open the VPN you’re using after the driver has been successfully uninstalled.
- Depending on your VPN, you may be prompted to replace the TAP Adapter V9 or install the missing Network Driver.
- When the installation is finished, check to see if your connection problems have been repaired.
Note: If your VPN software merely displays a missing driver error and fails to reinstall Adapter V9, you should reinstall the VPN client. The installer will then be prompted to install the missing driver as well.
If re-installing your VPN and TAP adapter network does not resolve the issue, you should consider moving to a better option.
4. Uninstall The Windows Tap Adapter Driver From Windows 10
You’d think that deleting the Tap Windows Adapter driver from Device Manager would be simple. Depending on the VPN software you have installed on your system. The adapter may reappear in Device management each time your computer starts up. It occurs because some VPN programs include a starting function that scans for missing drivers. Also, it immediately installs those drivers that are missing.
- To launch the Run dialogue box, press Windows + R.
- Press Enter after typing the following text.
- Double-click on the Network adapters in the Device Manager window to expand it.
- Select Properties from the context menu of tap Windows Adapter V9.
- If you can’t find tap Windows Adapter V9 under Network adapter, go to View > Show hidden devices from the top menu bar.
- Click Uninstall device on the Driver tab.
- Make a check. To continue, delete the driver program for this device and click OK.
5. Reset your Windows 10 OS
You can restore Windows 10 while retaining your files. However, because your PC will be wiped clean, you’ll need to reinstall all of your software and drivers.
It is one of the most extreme methods, but it works the majority of the time.
To reset your Windows 10 computer, follow these steps:
- On your keyboard, press the Win key.
- Restart your computer by typing Reset PC.
- Select the option to Reset this PC.
- Choose “Get started.”
- Select “Keep my files” from the displayed menu.
- Then press the Next button.
- To continue, select the Reset option.
- Wait for the procedure to finish.
We aim this article to give you a better understanding of the tap Windows Adapter 9.21.2. Suppose your tap Windows Adapter V9 error is causing various connectivity errors. We recommend contacting your VPN provider’s customer care.
Reinstalling the TAP driver and VPN client will usually solve the problem. However, you may need to reset your computer completely, so stay calm and don’t give up.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is Tap Windows Adapter V9?
The Tap Windows Adapter V9 is a virtual network interface that offers various VPN providers. The features required to establish a VPN network. C:/Program Files/tap Windows contains the Tap network driver.
Is Tap Windows Adapter V9 safe?
The tap Windows Adapter V9, on the other hand, is entirely safe and does not contain any viruses. VPN services employ the tap Windows Adapter as a network driver to connect to servers. It indicates that it’s a required component for most VPN providers (ExpressVPN, NordVPN, CyberGhost, and so on).
What is a Tap provider?
KMSpico uses a virtual Web interface called TAP Provider V9 to start Office with a fake KMS (Key Management Service) server. TAP Provider V9’s functionality is provided to computer users via unpleasant pop-up messages. It displays repeatedly and annoys and bothers the computer user.
What is the TAP network interface?
TAP, specifically network TAP, operates at layer two and simulates a link layer device carrying Ethernet frames. TUN is a routing protocol. TAP can be used to build a network bridge in userspace. TUN/TAP devices send packets provided by an operating system to a userspace program that connects to the device.