Computers work when millions of small files synchronize together and create a meaningful outcome. There is a possibility that sometimes these files get corrupted or behave abnormally and fail the system working, making trouble for the Windows user. One such error is the NETWTW04.sys BSOD error that can cause your system to fail and will show a blue screen mentioning the error Netwtw.sys This is one of the most common Blue Screen of Death errors that are very easy to resolve. In this article, we will discuss Netwtw04.sys and how to rectify this error and help Windows users.
What is Netwtw04.sys?
Before going to learn remedies of this netwtw04.sys BSOD error first let us see that is this and what causes this problem to happen.
There usually are two types of netwtw04.sys stop errors. Both netwtw04.sys are explained below:
- The first one is “DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.”
It means that a kernel-mode driver is attempting to retrieve too high pageable memory at a process IRQL.
- The second one is “SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.”
It signifies that this error is the result of the incompatibility of the driver with the operating system.
However, the Netwtw04.sys failed error might occur because of other reasons such as outdated/bad drivers, malicious programs, damaged Windows registry, and many more.
How to fix Netwtw04.sys blue screen error?
Before running any remedial operation, we need to make the system enter safe mode to prevent any other error from happening and load the Windows operating system correctly. Please note this step is just a precautionary step, not to fix netwtw04.sys blue screen error. Follow the given steps to enter into safe mode in Windows 10.
- Restart your computer by going to the start or CPU power button.
- Once you see the Windows logo on the screen, press the Power button on your CPU. Make sure to press longer to turn off the unit.
- Repeat the above two steps until you see the screen, which shows, ‘Preparing Automatic Repair.’
- Windows will automatically begin to diagnose the errors in your PC. Wait for it to be finalized, then click on Advanced Options.
- Select Troubleshoot from the given options.
- Click Advanced Options, then click on “ Startup settings.”
- Then click on the restart.
- Press 5 on the keyboard to enter “Safe Mode with Networking.”
- Once you’ve booted into Safe Mode with Networking, continue with the second step to troubleshoot the netwtw04.sys failed error.
Update Driver in your computer system
What might be causing the netwtw04 sys blue screen error on your system is due to incompatibility of device drivers in Windows 10 or Windows operating system. The best way to netwtw04.sys is to update your device drivers to the latest version as per windows 10. This will prevent the Blue Screen of Death error from progressing to a more problematic issue.
There are two methods in which you can update drivers in your device; both of the methods are explained below:
Manually Updating your Drivers
Manually update the driver can be time-consuming and maybe a complicated process in windows 10. This process includes visiting each driver one by one and checking which driver is the reason for this netwtw04.sys error. This process is not much adopted due to the earlier mentioned reasons.
One example is given below for how to download and install drivers. Suppose you have to download a graphic driver for your system, then first get to know the version of the driver you have for that follow the below steps.
To know your graphics driver in a DirectX* Diagnostic (DxDiag) report, then :
- Start going to the Run (alternate, Flag + R)
Note: Flag is the Windows* logo key.
- Type “DxDiag” in the Run.
- Hit Enter or ok in the run window
- Navigate to the above tab listed as “Display.”
- The driver’s version will be listed under the Driver section as Version.
As shown below
After knowing your system driver goes to your manufacturer s website, the provider, in this case, intel. Find a suitable driver and download and install it on your device as per windows 10 in this case.
Make sure to install the correct driver; otherwise, your system will not accept installing the driver or may end up creating more trouble for your device. Before making a download, make sure to know your driver’s version.
Automatically Update Drivers
If you do not know how to do manual update driver or busy with other schedules, or don’t have the skills to perform updates, here is a way to auto-update drivers. You can use software such as Auslogics Driver Updater. This tool can be used for windows 10 or other previous versions. This tool will automatically identify all system drivers and notify you whether you need any updates or not. It will then automatically search for the latest, compatible, and recommended (manufacturer s website) versions of your system drivers. This software/tool removes the risk of downloading of wrong drivers in your system. After solving the driver issues problem is not gone, then follow the upcoming steps.
Rolling Back Your Network Adapters/WiFi Driver
There are several instances where Netwtw04.sys failed error shows up due to
certain types of network adapter or WiFi drivers. To fix netwtw04.sys errors, you can
try to roll back the driver to the original version. Here are the steps to roll back
network adapter/wifi Driver drivers to the original form.
- Press Windows Key+R on your keypad. This will open the Run Box.
- Type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotes), then hit Enter.
- This will open the Device Manager window.
- Look for Network Adapters in the list shown and double-click on it.
- Double-click your network driver/WiFi adapter from the list.
- Go to the Driver tab as shown in images, then click the Roll Back Driver button.
- Click OK.
- The system will ask for confirmation before rolling back the driver; make sure to click on “yes” to roll back.
- Restart your system, then check if the Blue Screen of Death error has been resolved or not.
- After rolling back both the network driver and wifi driver, the problem persists; then, try to roll back another network driver in the list.
- Right-click on-screen and refresh
Running a DISM Scan
If you are reading this step, then most probably your netwtw04.sys blue
screen error is still there. To resolve this, you can perform one more action that may help rectify this error. There are many cases where the Blue Screen of Death error happens due to the computer’s files’ corruption and misconfigurations. If you are going to the same issue, you can run a DISM scan to eliminate the netwtw04.sys error.
Deployment Image & Servicing Management (DISM) tool is one of the best features of Windows 10. Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DSIM) is a built-in tool for administrators in networking to modify, prepare, and repair system images, including Windows Recovery Environment, Windows PE (WinPE), and Windows Setup. However, this tool can also be used to fix common problems with your system’s hidden recovery image. Below are the steps to fix netwtw04.sys error.
- On your keyboard, press Windows Key+S or directly go to search in the taskbar.
- Type “cmd” (without quotes).
- Right-click on the Command Prompt from, then select ‘Run as Administrator.’
- Copy and paste the following given command:
- “DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth” (without quotes)
- Press Enter, then you need to wait for some time till the process ends.
Run SFC scan
System File Checker is a tool in command prompt included in Windows 10 that scans for corrupted system files, including the Netwtw04.sys files, and also repairs the corrupted system files. It is guided to run an “SFC” scan to repair the files with the problem.
- Type “sfc scannow or sfc/scannow” (no quotes) in the cmd window, then press Enter.
- Right-click on-screen refresh and restart your PC.
- Look into if the Blue Screen of Death error has gone or still there.
Check for virus/malware infection in windows.
Netwtw04.sys error may also be due to the presence of any harmful file or virus-infected files. It is advisable to run a full security scan.
To do this, go to the start menu then, search and type windows security and enter.
In the new window, go to the “virus and threat protection” then to the Full system scan.
After the scan is complete, remove all damaged files or quarantine them as per requirement.
By performing all the above steps, chances of netwtw04.sys error to persist is significantly less. Even if the error shows up, you can ping below.