Being one of the most prominent social media platforms, Instagram provides its users with a variety of intriguing features. Although it is often reliable, the software isn’t without flaws. “Instagram couldn’t refresh feed” is one of the troubles you could encounter.
It’s not a big problem if you get the “Instagram couldn’t refresh feed” error; it’s one of the most common Instagram mistakes. You must understand why you are seeing this error and how to resolve “Instagram couldn’t update feed.”
Why Does Instagram “Couldn’t Refresh Feed” Error Occur On Android Device?
- The date and time are incorrect. The Instagram “couldn’t refresh feed” problem occur if your phone’s date or time is incorrect.
- Using 3rd-party applications. This problem can occur if you use an automated third-party app to like, comment, or take other Instagram actions. Instagram is against using such apps; it will instantly disable several of the app’s features.
- There is an issue with the server. The last reason for this error on your phone could be a server problem. You have no option except to wait for the problem to be remedied in this circumstance.
- A glitch in the app. If there is an error in the Instagram app, you may encounter this issue. In this instance, you must wait for the patch to be released by the developers.
- Instagram’s cache is overflowing. If Instagram’s cache files are full, you may be experiencing speed issues. The app may stop working if the cache memory is full.
- WiFi/Network is overburdened. Network troubles are the most common cause of the Instagram feed, not a refreshing error. One of the most significant reasons is network congestion, which impacts the app’s performance.
- Data usage is restricted. Another factor causing this Instagram feed problem is limited mobile data usage. This message may occur on the phone if you have set a data usage restriction and the data has been used up.
- The app is out of date. If you’re using an older version of Instagram, you’ll be in trouble as well.
Methods To Fix Instagram Keeps Saying Couldn’t Refresh Feed
- Check Instagram Servers
- Update Instagram
- Enable Mobile Data For Instagram
- Update Date And Time
- Re-Login Into Instagram App
- Clear Cache And Storage
- Force Stop Instagram
- Restart Your Phone
- Give Unrestricted Data Usage
- Delete Any Posts Or Comments That Are Inappropriate.
- Disable VPN Connection
- Internet Connection
1. Check Instagram Servers
The most common cause of “Instagram couldn’t refresh feed” errors is a server problem. As a result, it’s always a good idea to see if the Instagram server is online.
It’s easy to get into difficulty if the server is offline and maintenance work is done. You have no chance but to wait for the issue to be resolved before attempting to fix the “Instagram couldn’t refresh feed” issue.
2. Update Instagram
Always review the App Store/Google Play Store for Instagram updates. Updating Instagram is necessary since it can assist in the resolution of issues with the app.
It is particularly true if the update description reads, “Bug fixes and speed improvements.” It will assist in resolving any issues that may develop in the app.
Instagram may occasionally release an update that contains bugs. You must check for a subsequent update and reinstall the app.
- Open the Google Play Store or the App Store and download the most recent version of the Instagram app.
- Then, open Instagram and attempt loading the home page once more.
- now check if “Instagram couldn’t refresh feed” error is resolved or not.
3. Enable Mobile Data For Instagram
The iPhone allows you to restrict mobile data in specific apps to avoid going overboard with data consumption. For example, if you have Instagram’s mobile data turned off, the “Instagram couldn’t refresh feed” error occurs.
- On your iPhone, open the Settings app.
- Find Instagram by scrolling down.
- From the following option, select Mobile Data.
When your data usage for this app is limited, you may run into an Instagram feed issue. If you go over your daily data limit, the app will prevent you from doing some operations, such as loading the feed.
You can either eliminate the daily data usage limit restriction for Instagram or increase the data limit. after this check if “Instagram couldn’t refresh feed” is solved or not.
- Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Go to the Profile section.
- Select Settings from the menu.
- Then select Account from the drop-down menu.
- Select Cellular Data Use from the drop-down menu.
- You can increase the data limit or disable the Data Saver mode here.
4. Update Date And Time
“Instagram couldn’t refresh feed” error occur on your Android phone if the date and time on the phone are incorrect. Because Instagram syncs the time and date with the device’s settings, this occurs.
Make sure your phone’s date and time are correct. Alternatively, set them to be automated, never to have to deal with such problems.
- Go to Additional Settings in the phone’s settings.
- Select Date & Time from the drop-down menu.
- Use Network-Provided Time and Use Network-Provided Time Zone options should be enabled here.
- Check to see whether you can load the Instagram feed.
5. Re-Login Into Instagram App
Another way to get rid of the “Instagram couldn’t refresh feed” error on Instagram is to log out and back in. It is a wonderful technique to fix the mistake because re-logging will refresh the app and erase all unpleasant bugs.
It will also assist you in re-authenticating Instagram by allowing you to log back into your account after a complete logout.
- Tap the Profile icon in the right corner (bottom) of your Instagram home to access your profile.
- Go to the hamburger menu now (3 lines present at the top-right corner)
- Select the Log Out option from the Settings menu.
- After that, wait a few minutes and try logging in with your Instagram ID again.
- Check to see whether the issue of being unable to refresh your Instagram feed has been resolved.
- Now, hopefully, your Instagram will function normally and error-free.
6. Clear Cache And Storage
Another option for fixing the “Instagram couldn’t refresh feed” issue is to remove Instagram’s cache and data. All apps begin keeping temporary cache files on the device, which aids in speedier working and loading.
The same thing occurs in the Instagram app, so clearing cache is recommended frequently. Clear the app data and cache on your Android phone to resolve this issue.
- To begin, go to “Settings” on your Android phone.
- Now select “Apps” and “All apps, then “Instagram” then Storage” from the drop-down menu.
- Choose “Clear Cache” and then “Clear Data” from your Instagram storage options.
- Save all of your changes and then exit the program.
- Restart your program and see if your Instagram feed is now refreshing or not.
7. Force Stop Instagram
Force Stop on Android, like Force Quit on Mac & End Task on Windows, totally shuts down all app-related activity. You can use this way to fix the “Instagram couldn’t refresh feed” error on Instagram.
- Long-press on the Instagram app icon on the home screen or in the app drawer.
- Navigate to the app’s information menu.
- Force a stop and affirm your decision with a tap.
- Restart your Android device and open Instagram once more.
8. Restart Your Phone
Restarting your device may potentially assist in resolving the issue. Other apps are usually fixed by resetting the smartphone.
- Hold the power button for a while.
- You’ll be allowed to restart the device.
- Simply click it, and the device will reboot.
- You must hold down the power and home buttons for nearly three seconds.
- Hold it until the iPhone screen goes black and the Apple logo appears.
9. Give Unrestricted Data Usage
When you try to browse Instagram on a different device, it keeps saying “couldn’t refresh feed.” You should contact Instagram’s support staff to see if there is a temporary glitch on their end.
Here’s how to contact the Instagram Help & Support Team about the Instagram feed not refreshing issue.
- Tap the Profile icon in the right corner (bottom) of your Instagram home to access your profile.
- Now go to Settings, Help, and Report a Problem from the hamburger menu.
- Now, in the newly created Report a Problem window, write out the problem you’re having and submit it.
- After sometime the “Instagram couldn’t refresh feed” error will get solved.
10. Delete Any Posts Or Comments That Are Inappropriate.
Another cause for the problem could be offensive posts, photos, or comments on your account. You should get into your Instagram account on a computer to see if anything is amiss with it.
If you find that something is wrong with the account, you must remove it to fix the “Instagram couldn’t refresh feed” error.
- Photos: This error may appear on your profile from time to time. You can fix this by uploading a new picture to replace the old one. You will refresh the feed if the newly uploaded image is appropriate for the account.
- Comments: You must locate and delete any incorrect comments that have been left beneath your post. Remove the double hashtag ## comment AND replace it with a symbol.
- Posts: When checking in via a browser, you’ll see a notification if Instagram considers one of your posts to be unsuitable. As it asks, delete the post.
11. Disable VPN Connection
VPN connections are prevalent nowadays. VPN services are used to gain access to sites or apps blocked by a country’s government.
However, there’s a useful likelihood that if you try to load the Instagram feed while using VPN, you won’t be able to. Try loading the feed after disconnecting from the VPN. now, check if the “Instagram couldn’t refresh feed”error is solved or not.
12. Internet Connection
A slow or “laggy” internet connection is one of the most common reasons Instagram doesn’t update your feed. Instagram can’t load the most recent photographs and videos because the connection isn’t fast enough.
It could also occur if the network is overloaded due to a significant traffic volume, such as during the holidays.
Instagram is the popular social networking platform on the planet, and it has become as addictive as gambling. We get panicked when we can’t navigate through what others have posted on the app. Here are several options for resolving the “Instagram couldn’t refresh feed” problem.
How To Prevent Could Not Refresh Feed On Instagram Issue?
Make sure your internet connection is working. Automatically set the date and time. Log out and then log back in. Clear the cache on Instagram. Restart your computer or device. Instagram should be updated or reinstalled. Check to see if any of your actions are restricted.
Why “Couldn’t Refresh Instagram Feed” Error Occur?
The most likely cause of your Instagram feed not refreshing is a sluggish or choppy internet connection. As a result, the Instagram app cannot download the most recent photographs and videos into your feed.
How Do I Refresh My Instagram App?
To upgrade your Instagram app on Android, follow these steps: Go to the Play Store from your menu. In the search bar, type “Instagram.” To the right of the app, select “Update.”
What Is An Instagram Feed?
Your primary Instagram profile page, as well as the photographs and videos you publish there, is referred to as your “Instagram Feed.” These photographs and videos appear in the feeds of your followers, as well as those who follow any hashtags you add to your post.