HP computer and laptop are currently one of the most popular PC products on the market. How to solve HP Error Code 601 is one of the challenges that many HP users encounter. An internal battery problem causes this error.
It signals that the PC battery’s storage capacity is severely low and that it should be replaced. The HP battery alarm is a valuable feature. The warning message enables HP users to replace the PC battery even if it is in good condition or purchased recently.
What Is The HP Error Code 601?
The primary (internal) Battery (601) occurs in the error message. It signifies that the primary (internal) battery’s measured storage is less than 25% of the original storage capacity. The error code linked with the number “601” is noted in the system log.
It could be due to environmental variables such as low ambient operating temperature or battery package. It’s possible that moving your system to a warmer place for a bit will fix the problem.
What Causes Error 601 On HP Laptops?
There are a few remedies you can take to resolve the problem. These strategies will provide a quick and easy solution to combat the error and straighten out things that appear to be in disarray. The following are some strategies that may be useful in resolving the problem:
A battery error is indicated by the PC error code 601 that displays on HP notebooks.
Unplugging and replugging the hardware that caused the problem is a straightforward solution.
Because this problem is a genuine HP battery alarm, please be sure to test this component before turning on your laptop.
Replace the battery if nothing else works to resolve the Primary internal battery 601 problems.
Methods To Resolve Error Code 601
1. Re-insert The Battery
Taking out the battery and re-inserting it is the simplest way to solve the problem. Here’s how to go about it:
- Turn off your computer.
- Remove your laptop’s battery.
- Perform PC unplug from the power supply.
- To drain any remnant electrical charge in the capacitors, press and hold the power button for at least 25 seconds after removing the battery.
- Replace the battery in your computer and connect the power cord.
- Turn on your laptop now.
- If the problem notice still appears after you power your laptop, move on to the next step.
2. Run Battery Test
To assist you in battery testing, HP supplies the HP Battery Health Check tool. The battery test option features the HP Support Assistant, which comes preinstalled on HP PCs running Windows 8, Windows 7, or Vista OS.
It is also available on systems upgraded from XP to Vista. Go to the HP Support Assistant site and download and install the latest HP Support Assistant software to acquire the newest version of the HP Battery test. Visit HP Self-Support Options for additional details.
Follow the instructions below to locate and run HP Battery Check with HP Support Assistant.
- For versions of Windows before Windows 8, go to Start and search for HP Support Assistant.
- Search for and open HP Support Assistant on Windows 10 and 8, then choose the application.
- Select Troubleshoot from the HP Support Assistant window, then Power, Thermal, Mechanical, or Battery and Performance if you’re using Windows 8.
- To evaluate your battery and see your battery status check results, go to this tab and click Battery and performance.
- Select HP Battery Check from the drop-down menu.
- Look at the findings to see how the battery is doing.
- The battery’s current state, as well as any necessary instructions, are presented.
3. Run The HP Laptop Without The Battery
With a simple method, you can simply run your laptop without requiring a battery.
Typically, laptops, whether Windows or Macbook, are intended to run on both battery and A/C (Alternative Current) adapters.
Even after the battery is removed or dead, a laptop can function well. As a result, you can use A/C electricity to charge your computer.
However, make sure you’re using the laptop’s original power adapter because power fluctuations might cause catastrophic motherboard damage.
Here’s another way to solve the problem of “How to fix HP error code 601.” Run your HP computers without the battery. Here’s how to go about it:
- To begin, turn off the computer.
- Unplug the laptop from the power supply and remove the battery
- Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds after removing the battery.
- Then, without the battery, plug the power cord into your PC.
- Finally, reboot your HP system to see if the problem persists.
It can seem intriguing to use a laptop without a battery. It can assist you to save a lot of money on a new battery.
Always use a UPS
Always utilize a UPS if you live in a region where high-intensity electrical loads are an issue. It’s necessary since you won’t lose any work if there’s a power outage, and it also acts as a surge protector.
Don’t Leave the Charging Terminal Exposed
Because using a laptop without a battery exposes the charging connections on the bottom of the computer, it is always preferable to use a battery rather than direct AC power.
Never Remove the Power Cord
You should never remove the power supply cord from your laptop since it can harm components and cause your computer to shut down completely.
Don’t touch the battery contacts
Touching the battery pin slots while the power supply is on can be risky since it can result in a severe accident.
4. Replace your PC battery
Consider changing your laptop’s battery. Battery life may have shrunk over time due to a variety of factors. Genuine HP battery is available from certified sellers and reliable companies that sell my computer parts near you.
It’s crucial to make sure the PC has a newly purchased battery and hasn’t been damaged. It will protect you from using a defective battery, which could harm your HP computer battery performance.
HP error 601 can be fixed using any of the methods listed above. If nothing seems to work and the error code continues to show, it is always a good idea to see an expert.
You can quickly replace your laptop battery if it fails or no longer maintains good battery life. Take the following steps:
- Disconnect the AC adapter from your laptop and turn it off.
- Release any latches or other attachments that are holding your battery in place.
- Remove the old battery from its compartment or storage area by sliding it out.
- Remove the replacement battery from its packaging.
- It should slide into the notch or bay.
- To secure it in place, close the safety latch.
- Reconnect the AC adaptor and fully charge the battery.
Note: Avoid touching the battery’s contacts or the connections within the bay; the oils on your fingertips could diminish the battery’s conductivity.
Some Of The Tips To Extend HP Laptop Battery Life
After your laptop is fully charged, unplug the power adapter. Use it on battery power to extend its battery life and prolong its lifespan.
Furthermore, if you want to store the computer for more than one month, deplete the battery to 70% and remove the battery.
Remove the battery from your laptop and use it with a power adapter at home. Turn off apps and processes that require a lot of CPU power, and enable your PC’s power savings mode or Eco mode.
Disconnect all attached laptop attachments that you are not using (Wi-Fi adapter, Bluetooth, mouse, and other external devices). Maintain an excellent environment for your laptop and stay out of direct sunlight.
On HP computers, Users can utilize any of the solutions listed above to resolve the PC error code 601. To know more about extending the life of laptop batteries, you can follow the above suggestions. If none of the above-mentioned suggestions work, you can contact HP.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a 601 error?
If HP error code 601 occurs in the alert message, it signifies that the primary (internal) battery’s measured storage is less than 25% of the original capacity. The HP error code 601 linked with the number “601” is noted in the system log.
What is the primary internal battery 601?
The error code 601 is most commonly produced when the battery’s ability to hold a charge has degraded and has to be replaced. It is the primary detachable battery, not the inside CMOS battery, as previously stated. A 602 error message will appear if your CMOS battery is dead.
How do I get rid of 601 errors on startup?
Re-insert The Battery
Replace your PC battery
Run The Hp Laptop Without The Battery
How do I fix my HP Battery Alert?
You should run the Battery Test in the System Diagnostics (F2) environment to resolve an HP Battery Alert warning and calibrate the battery for optimal performance. Turn on the computer and immediately click the ESC key to bring up the Startup Menu, where you may find the HP System Diagnostics Battery Test.