Err_internet_disconnected is the most common error message encountered while using the internet. The web browser is unable to connect to the specified website due to this problem.
It is critical to identify the source of the err_internet_disconnected error to correct it. A variety of factors might cause the appearance of this error message on the browser.
The antivirus software application installed on your PC is the first and most well-known cause. Antivirus typically protects you over the internet utilizing a Firewall technique. It can result in internet disconnection at times.
Cookies and caches in web browsers can also prevent access to the internet.
It can be due to an error with your local area network (LAN) or wireless connection. A change in LAN might sometimes impact the internet settings and cause your PC to disconnect.
Reconnect your device to your wireless or wired network (perform a power cycle, turn off the router/switch, then turn it back on)
What Does The Message Err_Internet_Disconnected Mean?
“Google Chrome can’t show the webpage because your machine isn’t connected to the internet,”
It means that the Google Chrome browser could not establish an internet connection. The web page’s host server you were trying to access is not available. As a result, you were unable to link and surf the internet.
Solutions To Fix Error Err_internet_disconnected
There are several solutions to the err_internet_disconnected error based on the reasons described before. Try every method listed below to see whether it works for you.
- Check If Your Internet Connection Is Working
- Clear Google Chrome Browser Data And Cache
- Temporary Disable Windows Firewall
- Check Proxy Network Settings
- Change The Name And Password Of Your Wireless Network.
- Flush DNS Configuration
- Try Using A Different Browser
- Disable/Remove Your Antivirus
- Reinstall Your Network Adapter
- Change the DNS Server
- WiFi Connection Check
- Disable Google Chrome Extensions.
1. Check If Your Internet Connection Is Working
Make sure your Internet connection is operational. Connect to the Internet from a separate computer on your network.
If the problem affects all devices, it could be an internet cable issue, so double-check that everything is connected correctly.
If the problem solely affects your PC, it suggests your router is in good working order, and the problem is due to your PC’s network settings.
This issue can also be resolved by rebooting your modem/router. To switch off your router, simply push the Power button and wait 30 seconds.
Now hit the Power button once more and wait for the router to complete the boot process. Check if the problem persists after your router has booted.
2. Clear Google Chrome Browser Data And Cache
- At The corner (top right), select the menu symbol. From the menu, select Settings.
- When the Settings tab appears, scroll down to Advanced and click it.
- Now select Clear browsing data from the drop-down menu.
- Select All time as the time range and then click Clear data.
- Cleaning the browsing data and cache on Google Chrome has been reported to solve this problem by a few users, so you might want to give it a shot.
- Restart Chrome after clearing the cache to see if the issue persists. Another recommendation is to start with a third-party cleaner.
3. Temporary Disable Windows Firewall
The Windows Defender Firewall is a vital tool for safeguarding data from unauthorized access. However, it may detect some websites as malware in some situations and hence prohibit access. As a result, the err_internet_disconnected error occurs. To resolve this issue, temporarily disable the Windows Defender Firewall using the procedures below:
- Select Windows Security from the right pane of the Taskbar.
- Select Firewall & network protection from the drop-down menu.
- The Private Network, Domain Network, and Public Network options are all available here.
- Select one of the alternatives, such as a Private network (active).
- Windows Defender Firewall should be turned off.
- After that, toggle the Windows Defender Firewall toggle switch off.
- Make identical changes to the Domain and Public network settings.
- Check if the err_internet_disconnected issue goes away after disabling the Firewall.
To disable the firewall on a Mac, follow the steps below:
Open the Spotlight search by pressing “Command + Spacebar.”
Open the “System Preferences” application by typing “system preferences” into the search box.
Select “Security & Privacy” from the drop-down menu.
Under the “Firewall” tab, select “Turn Off Firewall.”
Check your internet connection and quickly turn on your firewall.
4. Check Proxy Network Settings
Proxy servers, like VPNs, allow you to get beyond your ISP’s blocking. The distinction is that a VPN is set up independently through an app or in the router, whereas a proxy server is put up through the network settings. In the Google Chrome address bar, type “chrome:/settings/” and select the “Advanced” option. Under the “System” menu, select “Open proxy settings.”
Under the “System Preferences” screen on a Mac, you’ll find the following “Network” options. Disable all proxy servers that have been chosen. To edit the internet options, cancel to return to the previous “Network” screen, click on the lock pad, and enter the admin password.
- On Windows 10, the “Internet Properties” dialogue box will open.
- Under “Connections > Lan settings,” you may adjust the proxy server settings. Ensure that all internet options, including “Automatically detect settings,” are disabled.
- Alternatively, you can disable proxy servers in Windows by following the steps below:
- Navigate to the “Settings” by clicking on the Windows start button.
- Select “Network & Internet” from the drop-down menu.
- Ensure that all internet options for automatic and manual proxy setup are turned off under the “Proxy” tab. You can also disable VPN under the “VPN” menu.
5. Change The Name And Password Of Your Wireless Network
Some people suggest changing the name and password of your wifi network to fix err_internet_disconnected error.
Simply connect to your router, navigate to the Wireless area, and make the necessary changes. You can also try turning off and on the wireless connection directly from your router.
6. Flush DNS Configuration
The built-in Domain Client Service on your PC will automatically address network difficulties caused by cache issues. This service is also responsible for speeding up your online browsing. It can create the err_internet_disconnected error if something goes wrong with it.
- Open Command Prompt, search it into your computer’s search box.
- Choose to execute it as an administrator by right-clicking it.
- Run the following commands in Command Prompt after it has opened:
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /all
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /renew
- netsh int IP set DNS
- netsh Winsock reset
Certain network malfunctions can cause the err_internet_disconnected issue, but you can quickly solve it by typing a few instructions in Command Prompt.
Check if the problem persists after performing all commands.
7. Try Using A Different Browser
Let’s start with something more permanent than a band-aid. Giving Google Chrome Browser a try will result in a long-term improvement.
Unlike other web browsers, it is a lightweight browser with built-in messengers. A battery saver, Customizable Speed Dials, and mouse gestures.
If you opt to continue with your resource-draining browser, your chances of obtaining similar err_internet_disconnected errors are limited.
8. Disable/Remove Your Antivirus
Antivirus software looks for dangerous activity on both the incoming and outgoing internet connections. As a result, your antivirus program could potentially block the internet connection. It can cause Chrome to display the err_internet_disconnected message.
You can disable Windows Defender’s real-time protection on Windows 10 by following the steps below:
- Go to “Start” and then “Settings.”
- Go to the “Update & Security” section.
- Under the “Windows Defender” tab, disable “Real-time protection.”
- Simply open and disable the real-time scanning feature of whichever antivirus program. Now see if Chrome can open the webpage.
9. Reinstall Your Network Adapter
Your network adapter may be incompatible with your operating system. If you recently updated your computer with the latest operating system updates. It could also be installed incorrectly. You can use the device manager to reinstall your network adapter. To verify whether the err_internet_disconnected error is related to it.
- Right-click the Start Menu in Windows.
- Select Device Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Expand the device list to find network adapters.
- Right-click the appropriate network adapter from the list.
- Uninstall the driver and restart your computer.
- In Device Manager, reinstall the Network Adapter.
When your computer restarts, the network adapter will be reinstalled in its default state. If it doesn’t or doesn’t work, you’ll need to use a USB stick and another computer with a network connection. Download the correct network adapter from your motherboard’s manufacturer.
10. Change the DNS Server
The DNS server is critical for browsers to receive a reliable internet connection. If something went wrong with your ISP’s settings, you could get the err_internet_disconnected error when trying to open a website. To solve this issue, you must update the DNS Server configuration —
- To open Settings, press Windows key + I shortcut.
- On the next window, choose Network & Internet, then Ethernet or WiFi.
- To get data, go to the right pane and choose the device you’re using.
- Now, under the IP settings, click the Edit option.
- Restart your DNS server.
- Then, using the drop-down menu, select the Manual option.
- Scroll down after enabling the IPv4 toggle switch.
- Change the:
- Preferred DNS server 126.96.36.199
- Alternate DNS server188.8.131.52 from Google Public DNS.
- Reboot your system after saving the modifications.
- You can now open Chrome/Firefox and see if the err_internet_disconnected error persists.
11. WiFi Connection Check
The internet connection will be lost if the WiFi connection is lost for any reason, and Chrome will display the err_internet_disconnected error. Delete Wireless Profiles id needed.
Remember that the WiFi icon in the taskbar does not mean you are connected to the internet. Try opening the webpage on any other connected devices, such as your phone, to make sure your WiFi is working. If you don’t have any additional devices, try accessing other websites in Chrome and seeing if they load. If none of the sites open, there is a problem with your WiFi connection.
The WiFi connection can be unstable and fluctuate at times, which is usual on Windows 10. Check out our step-by-step guide to resolving your Windows 10 wireless connectivity troubles.
Most of the time, merely restarting the modem will allow you to connect to WiFi. Chrome will automatically reconnect to the webpage whenever you have a working WiFi connection.
12. Disable Google Chrome Extensions
Google Chrome extensions could be hiding malicious code or just being written in a way that creates network problems if you’ve recently seen an extension update that coincides with the err_internet_disconnected error message. It may be the source of your network connection error.
- Open Google Chrome, create a new tab.
- Select more tools and extensions from the hamburger menu.
- To disable all extensions, toggle them off or remove them entirely.
- How to Disable Extensions in Google Chrome
- Check if you can connect now and restart Google Chrome.
Any of the options above should resolve the err_internet_disconnected error in Chrome. If that doesn’t work, narrow your problem down to the browser or internet connection if your internet connection is problem. Contact your ISP to have your modem/router correctly configured to connect your computer to the internet.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does Err_internet_disconnected error mean?
This error indicates that your browser is unable to connect to the host via the internet. The web browser is unable to connect to the specified website due to this problem. The connection is unknown to the web browser.
Can’t connect to this network WiFi?
Go to your Device Manager, pick Network Adapters, and then Update Driver to update your network adapter drivers. Follow the procedure and see if you can reconnect to the Wi-Fi when your computer has restarted. If that doesn’t work, look into any possible hardware or software issues.
What causes a network change error?
The notification typically appears when your internet connection shifts from one network to another. This alteration perplexes the browser and disrupts the current data flow.
What is the EER connection?
If you try to view a website using your browser and instead get the message “ERR CONNECTION RESET.” It signifies the connection was not created properly. The link has been “reset” as a result. Error code ERR CONNECTION RESET.