When you’re browsing the internet and the website you’re trying to reach isn’t responding or sending data in response to your request, you’ll get the “err_empty_response” error. This error means there’s an issue with your network connection.
Other factors can also cause this error. It’s conceivable that the extensions you’ve installed are stopping you from viewing online pages. Drivers must be updated, network settings must be reset, and browser data must be cleared. I will tell you multiple approaches to solving the problem in this article. To fix the “ERR EMPTY RESPONSE” Google Chrome error and regain internet access, simply follow the steps below.
What Is The Err_empty_response Error?
The “ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE” issue is common and can appear on any website. When this happens, Chrome is unable to view the requested URL.
When you’re online, and the webpage you’re trying to view doesn’t respond or doesn’t send any data across, you can see this error.
The error indicates that there is a problem with the network connection. There are a variety of additional reasons for this error.
How to Fix ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE Error on Google Chrome
- Resetting Your Network Settings
- Delete Temporary Files
- Change DNS To Google DNS
- Clear The Browsing Data Of Your Browser
- Update Your Device Drivers
- Check Your Network Connection
- Disable Computer Antivirus
1. Resetting Your Network Settings
It’s conceivable that your computer’s internet settings have been set incorrectly. You should reboot your network to fix ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error. Follow the steps below to get started:
- Press Windows Key+S on your keyboard.
- Now type “CMD” into the search box (no quotes).
- Select Run as Administrator from the context menu when you right-click Command Prompt.
- If you’re asked if you want to give the app permission, say yes.
- Run the following commands in Command Prompt (hit Enter after each command line):
ipconfig /release ipconfig /all ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /renew netsh int ip set DNS - netsh Winsock reset
- Check if the ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error has been fixed after running these command lines in the command prompt.
2. Delete Temporary Files
Files stored in Windows’ “Temp” folder are likely causing the “ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE” error.
- Hold Windows key and “R” to open the run dialog box.
- OR, right-click the Start menu and pick “Run” from the contextual menu. The Run dialogue box will appear.
- Type “temp” in the Run box window and press Enter or click “OK.” You must be logged into Windows with your administrator account to access the Temp folder.
- By pressing Ctrl + A, you may now select all files. Next, right-click them, and select “Delete” from the contextual menu.
- Check to check if the “err_empty_response” error is still there in Google Chrome.
3. Change DNS To Google DNS
Google has a public DNS (Domain Name System), which means it has servers that it owns and manages.
Any internet host can use Google DNS to resolve domain names.
You might try it if you want a more secure and faster connection.
It will have to be changed manually.
- Right-click the Start and choose “Network Connections” (or go to “Settings” and select “Network and Internet”).
- Click on “Change Adapter Options” after selecting “Ethernet” (or your connection type).
- Choose “Properties” from the menu when you right-click on your internet connection.
- Open “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” and then “Properties.”
- Next, choose “Use the Following DNS Server Addresses” from the drop-down menu.
- For the “Preferred DNS Server,” type 188.8.131.52.
- For the “Alternate DNS Server,” type 184.108.40.206.
- Check if the ‘err_empty_response’ has disappeared after restarting the computer.
4. Clear The Browsing Data Of Your Browser
There could be an issue with your Google Chrome browser data, resulting in the ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE error. Clear your browsing data to fix the err_empty_response error. To do so, follow these steps:
- Startup Google Chrome.
- Click the three vertically aligned dots at the corner(top-right) of the browser.
- Select History from the context menu by hovering your mouse pointer over it.
- Now select ‘Clear browsing data from the left-pane menu.
- As the time range, choose ‘All-time.’
- After selecting all of the choices, click Clear Data.
Try revisiting a website now that your browser data has been cleaned. Check to see if the ERR EMPTY RESPONSE error has disappeared.
Clear Chrome Host Cache in Incognito mode
- Click the three dots in the corner( top-right) and pick “New incognito window” to the new Incognito window.
- Alternatively, you can use your keyboard’s Ctrl + Shift + N keys to go incognito mode.
- Click the address bar in the incognito window. Type “chrome:/net-internals/#dns” into it, and press Enter.
- Find the “Clear host cache” button and click it.
- Check to see if the “err_empty_response” error has been resolved.
- If the above method failed to solve the error then proceed further.
5. Update Your Device Drivers
It’s conceivable that you’re getting the err_empty_response error because your network device driver is incompatible. So, if you want to solve the problem, you should update your drivers. For example, your network adapter driver can be updated in one of two ways:
- Obtaining the Driver through the Manufacturer’s Website
The Device Manager does provide a handy way to update your network updater driver.
However, this program may fail to detect the most recent driver version. So, manually downloading the correct driver from the manufacturer’s website is still a better option.
To avoid difficulties with your PC, make sure you install the correct driver version compatible with your operating system and CPU type.
- Through the Device Manager
Using the Device Manager on your PC is one approach to update your network device driver. Follow the steps below to get started:
- To open the Run dialogue box, hit Windows Key+R on your keyboard.
- Once the Run dialogue box appears, type “devmgmt.msc” (without the quotes) and press Enter.
- Expand the ‘Network adapters’ category’s contents.
- Choose Update Driver from the options when you right-click your network device.
6. Check Your Network Connection
You may be getting the err_empty_response error because your network connection is down. First, check to determine if your computer is connected to the Internet and if your network hardware, such as your router and modem, is in excellent working order. If you have a problem with your network connection, you should contact your Internet Service Provider or the manufacturer of your network gear for help.
7. Disable Computer Antivirus
It’s conceivable that some or all websites are being blocked by your antivirus (anti-malware) software.
The error “ERR EMPTY RESPONSE” appears due to this. Make sure that any third-party antivirus software you’ve installed isn’t the source of the problem.
We recommend temporarily disabling it to see if the problem persists. If disabling (or deleting) your antivirus software solves the problem.
We propose that you either switch to another antivirus program or reinstall the one you have now. Also, if you’re using a VPN client, make sure it’s turned off.
The err_empty_response error can show when Chrome is having a hard time. Quite often, the issue is caused by another configuration or application. We hope one of the suggestions mentioned above helped you. For more technical information follow us on mentioned social networking websites.