We’ve compiled a list of the top Amazon FireStick remote replacement. Although Amazon‘s Fire TV enables voice control via Alexa, most people prefer the tactile feel of a real remote, if only for its comfort. This is why the prospect of using your Fire Stick without a remote might be terrifying.
I compiled this checklist of the six greatest Fire Stick replacement remotes. The listed remotes were chosen based on signal stability, transmission range, construction, and customizability options.
How To Choose The Best Firestick Remote Replacement?
- Compatibility of Devices
- Even if you’re looking for a replacement for your Fire TV Stick remote, it’s good to keep device compatibility in mind.
- If the remote has broad device compatibility, you’ll be able to use the same remote to control your TV, soundbar, and other connected devices.
- Buttons that can be customized
- There are programmable hotkeys on specific universal remote devices but not on others.
- A remote with customization buttons is preferable if you want more control over what you want the gadget to accomplish.
- However, this does necessitate some prior technical understanding.
- Numerous videos on the internet can assist you with programming your remote’s hotkeys.
- Learning Curve
- Buy something for your parents, the elderly, or someone who doesn’t know much about technology.
- A replacement remote control with a lower learning curve is preferable.
- Typically, older adults struggle to use items with a steep learning curve.
- Other Important Characteristics
- A companion app is another helpful feature in a universal remote.
- Backlit keys, dedicated Netflix and Amazon Prime buttons, Bluetooth connectivity, and a shutdown timer.
- An auto-pairing option is just a few of the features of this device.
Best FireStick Remote Replacement Remotes
- Alexa Voice Remote (3rd-Gen)
- Logitech Harmony Elite
- Rii I8+
- Ipazzport Mini Wireless Keyboard
- Auvipal R9
- SofaBaton U1 Universal Remote
1. Alexa Voice Remote (3rd-Gen)
The Alexa Voice Remote works with all original Fire TV devices, the 2nd-generation Fire TV Cube and Fire TV Stick, and the 1st-generation Fire TV. This is the best firestick remote replacement if you have a first-generation Fire TV stick but have misplaced the remote.
It has the same features as the original remote, such as Alexa voice commands, navigation, cross-app voice search, Alexa, Play, Pause, Skip, etc. This firestick remote replacement also works as a remote for your soundbar and AV system.
- Fire TV Stick Lite, Fire TV Stick (2nd Gen and after), Fire TV Stick 4K, Fire TV Cube (1st Gen and later), and Amazon Fire TV are all compatible (3rd Gen, Pendant Design).
- Fire TV Stick (1st Gen) and Fire TV Edition smart TVs are not compatible.
- Press the button and ask Alexa to search, launch, and control content.
- With separate power, volume, and mute buttons, you can control your compatible TV, soundbar, and receiver.
- With preloaded app buttons for Prime Video, Netflix, and Amazon Music, you can instantly get to your favorite content.
- To see all your live TV applications in one spot, use the guide button to see channel and program listings.
- 2 AAA Alkaline batteries are included.
2. Logitech Harmony Elite
The Logitech Harmony Elite is the best firestick remote replacement for the Amazon Fire TV.
It is, without a doubt, the best universal remote money can buy. It works with over 270,000 devices, including several iterations of the Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick 4K, Fire TV Cube, and others.
- Switch between your favorite channels, games, Netflix®, Apple TV®, and almost any other device.
- Create an unlimited number of one-touch or time-triggered Activities that group devices together to create unique experiences.
- Combine up to 15 remote controls and a plethora of apps into a single sleek, user-friendly universal controller.
- While you’re not at home, set records, turn on the lights, or activate any of your devices.
- The Harmony App is available for download. Devices are automatically scanned. Create activities and favorites that are unique to you.
- Turn on your TV, choose your favorite channels, or start Harmony Activities with Amazon Alexa.
- It has an LCD touchscreen that allows you to control channels, movies, volume, and the standard hardware buttons.
- It also works with Alexa, allowing you to control smart home devices such as Philips Hue lights.
- It is the most expensive, but it does a lot more than replacing your Amazon Fire Stick’s remote.
3. Rii I8+ Firestick Remote Replacement
The Rii i8+ is a third-party firestick remote replacement. It’s a multi-function device featuring an LED-backlit Bluetooth small wireless QWERTY keyboard and a touchpad with multi-touch capabilities.
The firestick remote replacement device, primarily aimed at gamers, features a Game Handle design with two round knobs on either side of the keyboard.
This fire stick remote connects to your phone through Bluetooth and ranges up to 15 feet. It works with a PC, a tablet, an Android TV box, a Google TV box, an Xbox 360, a PlayStation 3, and other devices and the Fire Stick and other Fire TV devices.
- 3 in 1 Multi-Function 2.4GHz Mini Wireless QWERTY Keyboard TouchPad with USB Interface Adapter
- The ideal combination is: There are 92 keys total. Touchpad with multi-finger features and wireless QWERTY keyboard. A single finger click is used for a left mouse function. The correct mouse function is a two-finger click. The rolling screen is dragged with two fingers.
- This 2.4GHz Mini Wireless QWERTY keyboard and TouchPad with a USB interface adapter is a fantastic combination.
- 360-degree flip design with a built-in high-sensitivity smart touchpad.
4. Ipazzport Mini Wireless Keyboard
The iPazzPort Bluetooth wireless keyboard is compatible with the Amazon Fire TV stick, Amazon Fire TV Cube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Nvidia Shield, and other Android TV devices.
It has a lighted, tiny QWERTY keyboard and a 360-degree flipping multi-touch touchpad. These features make it the best firestick remote replacement.
- The keyboard has multimedia and PC gaming control keys, and the touchpad doubles as a mouse when used with the Fire TV stick.
- An auto-sleep mode is also available, initiated after five seconds of inactivity.
- Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard for Fire TV Stick/Box/Smart TV/Raspberry Pi, Nvidia Shield TV, wireless control through Bluetooth included
- Connect via Bluetooth, wander about without being constrained by wires, and use the compact remote keyboard to control your Nvidia Shield TV 2017 and 2018 streaming.
- Control it from your couch to control your home theater wirelessly, input text, access the internet and play games without using multiple remotes, making life easier and more pleasurable.
- The backlit keyboard can be used in a dark room, but only when correctly connected.
5. Auvipal R9 Firestick Remote Replacement
The AuviPal R9 maybe like a pseudo-futuristic device from a classic sci-fi film, but it’s packed with capabilities that make it an acceptable Amazon firestick remote replacement.
It comes with an illuminated tiny QWERTY keyboard, trackpad, directional pad, and a slew of media control buttons.
- According to the manufacturer, it connects to the Fire TV through USB with a specially constructed cable.
- The device is compatible with Android TV, Kodi, Raspberry, PC, Xbox, other devices, and the Firestick.
- Your Fire TV device will need a USB port to pair with this remote.
- Connect the FireStick to a two-in-one USB cable, and plug the R9 keyboard’s USB dongle into the USB adapter.
- The AuviPal R9 tiny wireless keyboard makes it easier and faster to navigate your devices.
- Compared to previous generations, two new R/L buttons were added to the front of the keyboard, and 21 unnecessary keys were removed.
- Over 180,000 backlit colors and four backlit models on the R9 small keyboard are available. Powerful features for enjoying are available in your free time.
- Compatible with the KODI Media Player Application for FireStick and Android TV boxes and Raspberry Pi, PC, Xbox 360, PS 3, and other devices.
6. SofaBaton U1 Universal Remote
The SofaBaton U1 Universal Remote firestick remote replacement can control up to 500,000 devices from over 6000 different manufacturers.
As new devices are released, the business continues to update the database. As a result, it is a future-proof device, and you won’t have to worry about product compatibility.
Using the SofaBaton tailored smartphone APP, you may link the remote to your Fire TV Stick. There aren’t any complicated procedures to deal with.
You don’t need to go through the complicated pairing processes seen in other applications; all you have to do is tap the link button.
- U1’s ever-growing update database ensures that it will function with your most current devices.
- Our remote supports many devices from different brands, and the code is continually updated as new devices are released.
- Use the U1 handheld remote control to manage the entire house or a single room for a clutter-free coffee table.
- Your Remote Control
- Instead of clicking to switch or toggle between devices, the U1 universal remote allows you to scroll between them.
- The OLED display causes it easy to see which device is currently in use and monitors its status.
- The U1 universal remote control allows you to control up to 15 devices in your home simultaneously.
- Even if your remote is missing, the cloud code library will be able to match your model.
- This one remote replaces the remotes for your TV, DVD, Blu-ray player, TV box, and streaming media devices such as Apple TvRoku.
Although Fire TV is an excellent entertainment platform, a misplaced or faulty remote may be a significant irritation. So now you know how to do firestick remote replacement if it’s misplaced or worn out.
Check out the iPazzPort Mini Wireless with the AuviPal R9 mouse and keyboard combo if you want something that will completely transform your experience and allow you to rapidly access apps and the browser.
What Can I Do If I Lost My Remote To My Firestick?
There’s no need to panic if you misplaced your Fire TV remote. You can navigate and play content on your Fire TV using your smartphone. First, you must download the Amazon Fire TV app and sign in with your Amazon account.
Can You Replace A Lost Firestick Remote?
Select Amazon Fire TV Remotes, Controllers, Bluetooth Devices, and Add New Remote. Look for the new Alexa Voice Remote in the list that displays on-screen. Select the NEW remote from the list using your OLD remote.
Can You Switch Firestick Remotes?
You can couple a Firestick remote with another Firestick, but only one remote can be paired with one Stick at a time.
How Do I Pair A New Remote To My Firestick?
Go to Settings > Controllers & Bluetooth > Amazon Fire TV Remotes > Add New Remote to pair a replacement remote with your Fire Stick. Then, press and hold the home button on your new remote for 10 seconds before selecting the new remote’s name using your old remote.