It’s another error with FFXIV. This time, it is an FFXIV 90002 error. You were enjoying your game, but then you got the connection lost error. As a result, you’re not stuck with a problem to solve.
Thankfully, it is not that challenging to solve this issue. You can fix FFXIV error 90002 with this guide. You will learn the reasons behind this error and if it is any different from the other errors.
Then, you will learn to solve these errors with around ten solutions lined up to make things easier. So, solve your FFXIV errors with this guide. The best part is that you can use this for other games with a similar error, as well. So, let’s begin!
Reason For Final Fantasy XIV 90002 Error
If you’re a gamer, there’s no way you wouldn’t know FFXIV. Final Fantasy XIV is a very popular MMORPG in the gaming world. The Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game has broken the records. But, the game came with its array of problems.
The only downfall of this popular game has been these errors. One such notorious error is the FFXIV error 90002. This error comes with the message ‘Connection With The Server Was Lost.’
In simple words, it seems to be related to connectivity. Much like other FFXIV errors, this one is a server connection problem. Regardless of the server you have, this problem might persist. It is a common problem among the players on the PC using Windows.
There can be many reasons for connection errors in the FFXIV server. Some of the common issues are:
- Your Windows Firewall might be blocking the game or its components. Often, it prevents the connection.
- A third-party antivirus tool might be preventing the game and causing some conflict.
- It could be an internet connectivity issue. You can check TCP/IP, DNS, and other solutions.
- If your router doesn’t support UPnP, you won’t connect with the FFXIV server.
- The toll on your internet connection or network devices can also lead to the problem. For instance, packet loss is one of the leading causes.
- Corrupted game files could also be the reason for the connection error. So, it is worth looking into.
What Is The FFXIV System Requirements To Prevent 90002 Error?
Before you move to the solutions, make sure that you meet the minimum system requirements. Advanced games like FFXIV come with specific system specification requirements.
- The minimum system requirement is 4 GB RAM, Windows 8.1, old gen Nvidia or AMD GPU. You will also need an i5 processor.
- The recommended requirements are 8 GB RAM, Windows 10, and NVIDIA GTX 970 or something similar. In addition, at least 3 GHz of processing power (i7 processor) is needed.
It is better to match at least the ‘recommended’ specifications. Matching the bare minimum won’t give you much for a gaming experience. You will consistently face errors and gaming lags.
It is best if you have something better than the recommended specifications. That way, you can have a smooth gaming experience.
On a side note, many people won’t realize it, but internet connection also matters.
You need at least 10MBPS of internet speed to have a flawless gaming experience.
Solutions to Fix FFXIV 90002 Error
- Try Disabling Large Send OffLoad Feature
- Fix The Packet Loss
- Try Resetting Your Router
- The VPN Solution
- DNS Flush For FFXIV Error
- Use The Google DNS
- Change FFXIV UPnP Value
- Check Windows Firewall
- Disable The Antivirus
- Install FFXIV Again
Fix FFXIV Error 90002 With These Solutions
1. Try Disabling Large Send Offload
The Large Send Offload is a part of your network settings. It helps by tweaking up your network performance. Often, it prevents your TCP from breaking down large packets, which could consume time.
But, it is one of the common causes of the FFXIV error. As such, it would be better to disable it. But, before getting down to it, you have to check if you have it in your settings.
So, to fix error code 9002 FFXIV, follow these steps:
- Launch the Run utility. Press Windows + R keys together on the keyboard. Then type ncpa.cpl in the bar and press enter or click OK.
- You will get a Network Connection window. Go to the network that is currently connected.
- Right-click on it and select properties from the list. Then, go to the Networking tab.
- There, you will find a Configure option. Click on it.
- Go to the Advanced tab in the new window. Find if you have Large Send Offload v2 (IPv4) or something similar. It should be in the property section of the tab.
- If you can find it, select Disabled for its value. Then see if you have a Large Send Offload v2 (IPv6).
- Remember that you have to do it for IPv6 and IPv4 individually.
- Click on Apply, OK, and save changes throughout the windows.
Now, restart the computer and see if you fixed the FFXIV error. Then, try to rerun the game.
2. Fix The Packet Loss
The entire network connection works on sending and receiving packet data. These are small bits of information that transfer from one system to another. Unfortunately, packet Loss is a common occurrence, and there is nothing you can do about it. Even the most stable or high-powered connections have this issue.
But, the problem is when you’re losing too many packets. Losing excessive packets means that there will be network communication problems. As a result, you won’t get to play FFXIV without interruption. This could also lead to other connection issues while playing another game. Thus, it is worth verifying.
Verifying the packet loss can help you see if it is indeed a connection problem. Then, you can move ahead to fix it.
- First, you will need to get the server’s IP address that you have joined on FFXIV. It is relatively easy to get this IP because it is visible with the servers.
- Next, you need to run your Command Prompt. You can do it by searching for it in the Start Menu.
- Type the following command: pathping enter.server.IP.here
- Replace ‘enter.server.IP.here’ with the actual server IP address.
This is a way through which you ping a server. If there is a packet loss, there will be slower pings and such. So, keep checking for it.
Remember that if it is a packet loss problem, you can check your connection. Reconnect with the internet and such. You can also try a different server.
3. Try Resetting Your Router
It is a good idea to check for ping and packet loss. But, if you still can’t figure out the problem, you can reset the connection. First, you can try to restart the PC and reconnect to the internet. Then, make sure to restart your router too. If this doesn’t work, you can try resetting the router:
- Unplug the entire connection and disconnect. Then keep the router plugged into the power supply.
- Most routers come with a reset button on the backside. So, pick up your router and look at the backside. If you can find a tiny button, press it for around 10-30 seconds to let the connection reset.
- Some routers come with a power button that works for resetting, as well. However, you might have to press it for around 30 seconds.
- Some routers also have a secured reset button. In this case, it would have a button inside a tiny hole at the backside. There will be reset written. You will have to use some kind of a pin to press the button.
Once you reset the router, your entire connection will reconfigure. You will have to set the password, privacy, and other settings. It will all be back to default, so remember that.
But first, check if this fixed your 90002 error for FFXIV.
4. The VPN Solution
There are two sides to this solution.
The first solution is if you’re already using a VPN service, disable it. Often, the use of VPN can interfere with connectivity. Your connection could break or slow down.
This especially happens if you’re using a free VPN service. You will end up with lag and a decline in performance. There’s a possibility that you have used your free quota. You will also face significant packet loss.
Simultaneously, the second solution is the opposite. If you’re not using a VPN connection, the problem might be in the region. It could be that your server connection is unable to carry out smoothly. This happens when the distance is further from the server location.
5. DNS Flush For FFXIV Error
Did you still not fix the server connection error for FFXIV? It’s time to get a little serious. Let’s try some technical solutions. The first one would be to flush the DNS. All you need to do is:
- Relaunch the Run Utility (Win + R key) and type CMD. Make sure to press Shift + Enter to run it as Administrator.
- Now, type each command and hit enter after each.
ipconfig / flushdns ipconfig / registerdns ipconfig / release ipconfig / renew netsh Winsock reset exit
- Make sure to hit enter after each command. Then restart your system.
This will help you fix any problem related to DNS server or public DNS, as well. So it is wise to try this step from time to time if you run into connectivity issues.
6. Use The Google DNS
Many gaming connections work best with a Google DNS. Yes, Google has dominated the industry so much that it has a DNS. This works for a majority of people. If you have a server connection error on any game, this step is worth trying. It isn’t just great for FFXIV error, but any other connectivity error with the game server:
- Once again, go to the Network Connection Settings. Find the connection you have active currently. Right-click and select Properties.
- Now, go to the Networking Tab. Find the ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/ IPv4). It will be in the ‘connection uses the following items section.
- Double click on it, and a new window will open up. Next, find and click on ‘Use the following DNS server address.’
- This will open some new sections. Put these values in the respective section:
- Preferred DNS Server: 220.127.116.11
- Alternate DNS Server: 18.104.22.168
- If the connection also uses Protocol Version 6 (TCP / IPv6), you will have to make changes there.
- Go to the properties and click on the ‘Use the following DNS server address again.
- Now, in the Preferred DNS Server: 2001:4860:4860::8888
- And in the Alternate DNS Server: 2001:4860:4860::8844
Click OK. Apply changes and restart your PC. You will have to reconnect the connection. Then, go ahead and check if this solves the issue you were having.
7. Change FFXIV UPnP Value
Still no luck with FFXIV 90002 error fix? Do you have an older router or device? If you have an old connection that didn’t upgrade, it might not support UPnP. It is a default requirement of the game. You should try and see if you can get a UPnP supporting router and such. If not, then you can also disable the UPnP usage for your router:
- Go to My Documents of your File Explorer and find the ‘My Games’ folder.
- Find the FFXIV folder directory. It might be named FF14.
- Right-click on the cfg file. Select ‘Open With’ and use the Text editor. It might be the notepad tool.
- Find the Network Settings section in the text.
- There, you will see the UPnP value. It might have 1 next to it. Erase it and type 0.
- Save the file.
You can also backup the default cfg file somewhere before making these changes. After that, you can launch the FFXIV game and see if you still get the error.
8. Check Windows Firewall
Windows Firewall allows connection to get through. It helps prevent many cyber threats like a DDOS attack. Often, it asks you to allow a program through or not. But sometimes, Windows Firewall automatically determines whether to allow or block the connection. As a result, it has become the leading cause of server connection error issues in many games.
This is worth checking out if you’re facing the FFXIV connection with the server lost 90002 error.
- Go to the Search Bar at the bottom (in Task Bar) and type Firewall.
- Select ‘Firewall & Network Protection.’
- Then select ‘Allow an app through firewall.’
- See if you can find FFXIV in the list.
- Check on both the boxes next to it to allow it.
Restart the FFXIV and see if this fixes your issue. Windows Firewall is a great protective feature for your system. But, it is not a perfect solution. Make sure to not allow too many unknown apps or features through the Windows Firewall.
9. Disable The Antivirus
Just like Windows Firewall, antivirus programs can also affect your system files. So if you’re using a third-party antivirus tool, it is worth checking out.
There is a possibility that the antivirus has put the FFXIV game into quarantine. It could also be some of the components. In simple terms, the antivirus might be blocking the FFXIV server connection.
How can you fix this? First, you will have to go through your antivirus guide. You can use the built-in guide it comes with or contacts support. They will help you put FFXIV and its component as an exception.
Each antivirus works differently. So, you will have to check your respective tools. You can either make FFXIV an exception or disable the antivirus.
10. Install FFXIV Again
If none of the solutions have worked for you so far, this is the last resort. You can fix the FFXIV 90002 error by reinstalling the FFXIV game. You will have to uninstall it and delete all the folders thoroughly.
For this, you can go to the Add or Remove program or the App section of Windows. Then uninstall it from there.
Then go to the directory and document folder where you had other files of FFXIV. Like in My Documents and Program Files.
Once you uninstall and delete FFXIV from your PC, reinstall it. Then, you can visit the official website of Square Enix to get FFXIV again. Steam also offers FFXIV. It would be better to download it from there. Then, you will be using the Steam Launcher. It will fix most of your problems.
Conclusion – FFXIV 90002 Error Fix
This wraps up all the solutions for FFXIV 90002 error. Hopefully, you found your perfect solution. The error could be pretty irritating, but we handpicked these solutions for you. Many users have reported that these solutions have fixed their problems.
Try to rank these fixes and use them according to your needs. Whichever you think is the ‘go-to’ option, you can give it a try. If none of the first nine works, the last one will work for sure. But what if it didn’t? Then you need a severe PC upgrade or internet connection change.
Remember that this was a fix for Windows PC. It is not an FFXIV 90002 fix ps4.
Let nothing stop you from playing FFXIV on your favorite speed server anymore!
How Do I Fix Error 2002 FFXIV?
The Error 2002 is another FFXIV error that corresponds with the 90002 error. It prompts when Windows Firewall blocks the FFXIV connection. So, you will have to allow the app through the Firewall.
For this, you can use the Control Panel or Firewall & Network Protection Settings. Either way, once you allow the app through, you won’t get this error anymore. Make sure not to allow too many apps or unknown apps. You could face a security issue if you do that. Windows Firewall is a crucial program for your internet security.
Why Do I Keep Disconnecting From Game Servers?
There can be many reasons. First, you need to check the server status and see if it is working fine. A lot of people try to DDOS FFXIV servers. So, it is worth checking high-speed servers. Second, make sure that you have a stable internet connection.
Use VPN if you are facing too many issues to change the region. Make sure that you have a high-speed connection. If everything is fine, you won’t run into game servers’ disconnection. Mostly the problem is related to packet data. So, try pinging. Checking the internet ping and packet loss can help you fix the issue.
If none of these work, maybe it is the connectivity issue.
What Is Error 90001 In FFXIV?
This is also the same error. Almost any errors like 90001 and 90002 are related to the server connection. It means that something is interrupting the server connection. This is causing you to disconnect. Again, there might be some inconsistency.
So, you can use the exact diagnosis and solutions to fix this error. But, if that doesn’t work, the problem might be on the game’s server’s end. To check the FFXIV server status, visit the official website by clicking here.
Why Does FFXIV Keep Disconnecting?
Do you have the minimum system requirements? Try to opt for the recommended system requirements. Ensure that you have a high-speed connection and around 100 GB of free storage space, even if 80 GB is recommended.
Next, check if your internet connection is working fine. Then, you can restart the PC and connection. Then, check if the FFXIV server is up and running. Finally, you can give it a break and try again.
If you have a low-specs PC or connection, you will disconnect consistently. Try a different server. If you’re using a VPN, disable it.
What Is FFXIV 90002 Fix PS4?
It is the same connectivity issue that you face with the Windows PC. But, that will require different guides and solutions for you. You will have to use your router settings and such to reset the connection. It is different if you’re using it through your PC connection.