Fallout: New Vegas despite being released back in the year 2010, is one of the most well-known and played action role-playing games in the industry. Despite being known for being a fan favorite.
And for its amazing storyline and visuals, this game is not free of bugs and glitches, just like any other game available for windows and other platforms. The Fallout New Vegas Out of Memory issue is very popular among the fans of this franchise.
And of which, one of the most frequent errors is the out-of-memory message. Then just after this, the game crashes on its own. We’ll help you fix the Fallout New Vegas out of memory issue on your Windows system.
About the Fallout New Vegas Out of Memory issue
Fallout New Vegas is one of the most popular games among people of all ages. Being one of the most popular games, it also comes with a few drawbacks as bugs. Fallout New Vegas out of memory is caused when the game is unable to use the required amount of RAM from the system and thus crashes without a sign.
What Causes the “Out of Memory” Error on Fallout new vegas?
The cause of this error is often a bug that prevents the game from utilizing more than 2GB of ram on your system and needs you to change the mods.
And, this error is caused by the default set settings affecting the whole gameplay. Since the issue is nothing serious, you can easily fix it by installing one of the two mods we are suggesting below:
How do I fix the Fallout New Vegas out of memory error?
It is not so big issue but an important one. And you can fix it easily by using the FNV 4GB Patcher or the new Vegas Stutter Removing tool.
- Use FNV 4GB Patcher
- Use New Vegas Stutter Remover tool
Fix 1. Use the Fallout New Vegas 4GB Patch mods
For this, you must download the FNV 4GB Patcher by going to this link.
You will need to register with an account before you proceed to download the file. Once you complete the login, you will be required to click over the manual tab on the just side of the download. Follow the steps mentioned below to fix the out of memory issue from your system:
- Scroll down and click on the viewing tab under the current section, then choose files.
- Start the download by clicking on manual download.
- After downloading the file, extract the downloaded file to,
- Once the extraction process is complete. Locate the FalloutNVpatch.exe file in the folder of the extracted files.
- Now run the FalloutNVpatch.exe file as an administrator. ( This will automatically create a back-up for the original game files)
- Go to the fallout: New Vegas folder and search for the *ini file.
- Right-click on the *ini file and click on properties.
- Under the General tab, check the box in front of read-only.
- For the last step, click on apply and then OK to save the changes you just made.
(You must repeat this step with all the *ini files in the folder.)
Now, Run steam and open Fallout: New Vegas and check if the error is fixed or not.
Fix 2: Use the Stutter Removal Mod for Fallout New Vegas
First, Download the new shutter removal mod by going to this link. And, Just like the other mod, you will be asked to register on the website.
As done earlier, you will need to register with an account before you proceed to download the file.
- Scroll down and click on the viewing tab under the current section, then choose/switch to choose files.
- Start the download by scrolling down and clicking on the manual download option.
- Now go to the download folder and extract the file you just downloaded.
- Now open the Data folder and go to
Data > NVSE > Plugins.
- Now select all the files (in the Plugins folder) and copy them all.
- Now go to the installation folder,
- Here, open the Data folder in the Fallout New Vegas folder.
- In the Data folder of Fallout New Vegas,
- Now make a new folder and name it NVSE.
- In the new folder (NVSE), make a new folder and name it Plugins.
- Paste all the files you copied into the new Plugins folder.
Now run steam and open Fallout New Vegas and check if the error Fallout New Vegas out of memory is fixed or not.
Apart from the methods above, what else you can do is dump a few dozen mods. Or use a texture replacer that is several GB smaller. Removing these high-memory-consuming mods could help you out to fix the Fallout New Vegas game that went out of memory.
By keeping in mind the performance guide of the mod fix you can easily remove the unwanted mods to fix the issue from the Fallout game. More or less, by now, you must have solved the out memory error with the help of the two mods we suggested above in the article.
We hope you can continue with your gaming session now.