Been having issues while connecting with the Hypixel Minecraft server? It can be quite annoying when the network fails to be authenticated. We have been there and we know it can be quite frustrating when you feel like enjoying a game of Skywars or simply gallop about on the hub island but some factors don’t let you do it.
Being huge fans of Markus “Notch” Persson and Simon “Hypixel” Collins-Laflamme we did not want you to experience the error, a lot of Minecrafters did. This article is dedicated entirely to fixing the Failed to Authenticate your Connection error on your computer.
What Does Failed To Authenticate Your Connection Mean On Minecraft?
When you see the Failed to authenticate your connection on your screen while trying to join a Minecraft multiplayer server, it means that there are some network or server issues that are preventing you from connecting to the server.
This is not a serious issue and you can still end up enjoying your multiplayer gameplay experience. Consider this a simple server outage and you do not have to worry about this issue.
Why Do I See The Failed To Authenticate Your Connection Error On Minecraft?
We figured that these are the five elements that can be responsible for the Failed to authenticate your connection issue, that occurs during attempts to connect to an online Minecraft multiplayer server.
Most Minecraft servers have to be connected to a network with internet access: LAN (Local Area Network) connections being an exception. You will need to be connected to the internet for the server IP address and the network to connect. Even if you are connected, you will need to make sure that internet access is available. Slow networks can also be responsible for the authentication failure issue.
A full RAM or an almost fully-occupied RAM can stop the chunks from loading on your Minecraft world properly. Most servers are designed to be very fancy looking when you go into the welcome lobby or a mini-game lobby.
If your CPU memory has no vacancy for running the game and connecting to a server, you might face this error. But only if your Minecraft Launcher manages to launch the Minecraft game.
Out-Of-Date Java For Minecraft version
If you use the Minecraft: Java Edition, it is very important for JAVA to be available for running the game and working with in-game commands. An older version may not be compatible with the available version of Minecraft. The best option is to have the latest version of the game and Java.
Usernames have to be whitelisted on Minecraft multiplayer servers before the players can be allowed to join them. If you change your username, you may have issues when trying to connect with the server. This is because the server detects a different username from the same IP address. It can take some time for your username to be whitelisted again.
If the issue is from the side of Hypixel or any other server, it means that you will have to wait until the moderators and developers fix it. If the server is going to go down, temporarily, official social media forums for the server will have more news about it. You can also check the Minecraft server’s website if it helps.
Solutions To Fix The Minecraft Failed To Authenticate Your Connection Error
These are the solutions we can try if the Failed to authenticate your connection message is displayed on the Minecraft screen.
- Close And Relaunch The Minecraft Launcher
- Reboot The Network Router
- Perform A Power Cycle Of The Internet Router
- Kill The Minecraft Launcher Process
- Download Minecraft Updates
- Directly Connect To The Hypixel Server
- Logout And Re-Log Into Minecraft Launcher
- Disconnect Hypixel Server
- Add The Server Manually
- Whitelist Minecraft Through The Windows Firewall
- Make Changes In The Hosts File
- Flush The Network DNS
Fixing The Failed To Authenticate Your Connection Error On Hypixel Minecraft
The most basic workaround to try and get into the Hypixel server after experiencing the ‘Failed to authenticate your connection’ error on your Minecraft: Java edition window is to retry the login process to the server. This applies to any online, multiplayer PvP server.
Close And Relaunch The Minecraft Launcher
Sometimes if an issue can be detected by the Minecraft launcher, the launcher does not start up normally. This is usually because of a bug in the game or in the launcher itself.
This is a very common issue, you just have to close the launcher with the help of the Alt + F4 keys or the close button at the top-right corner of the title bar. To open the Minecraft Launcher again, you can always use the shortcut on the desktop or the Start menu.
Additionally, if an error message appears with or without any specific error code, you can just click on the “Close” button. Once the message is down, launch the game again. You should be able to see the loaded main menu without any further issues.
Reboot The Network Router
Since we could be looking at the internet and network-related factor that prevents the user from accessing an exciting, different part of this ultimate sandbox game, let us try resetting the network router itself.
This will give you a fresh set of network configurations. These changes may be suitable for the computer and the Minecraft game to let your log on to a server.
Use a toothpick or any other thin object to push the reset button at the back of the router. Once you feel the button being pushed, hold it for about 20 seconds. Release the button to finish the reset process.
It may take some time for the network to gain access to the internet, so you will have to wait it out. If a reboot doesn’t work, a power cycle might.
Perform A Power Cycle Of The Internet Router
Power cycling is also a method of rebooting the network. This method will also This is something you can try, with the below steps.
- Unplug the router cable pin from the power socket on your cable extension box or the wall socket.
- Almost every modem has a power button on its backside. Push it and hold it for about 30 seconds.
- Now, reconnect the plug and turn the power back on.
- Once the connection is established, try logging into Hypixel, the usual way.
Kill The Minecraft Launcher Process
If the first two workarounds do not work, we have one more solution that is a little more complicated than the previous ones. Let’s give that a shot.
- Open the Task Manager application (Ctrl + Shift + Esc).
- Go into the Processes tab and locate any process related to Mojang or Minecraft.
- Select the process and click on the End Task button.
- Now, find the Minecraft launcher and open it. The launcher and the game itself should load up, without any issues.
Download Minecraft Updates
You can still play with an outdated version of the Minecraft game. But the main point of this solution suggesting that you download an update is to fix the server log-in issue. There are two ways you can employ to get the latest version of Minecraft on your device.
If there are updates out for users to download, they will be downloaded instantly when the Minecraft Launcher is opened with a proper internet connection. When the new updates are announced, you will be shown a dialog box containing details about what the new update will bring into the game and when it will be released in your timezone. You have no choice but to wait for the download and installation process to end.
The second and manual method is to uninstall the Minecraft Launcher and reinstall it. When you try to run the Minecraft launcher after this method, the updated game files will be downloaded. This can take some time to finish downloading and let you run the game.
Note: You can use the Programs and Features page (Control Panel) or the Add or Remove Programs window to uninstall the game.
Directly Connect To The Hypixel Server
There is an option for Minecraft gamers to log into any server, directly. By directly, we mean that the users do not have to save the server URL and then, log in to the system. The other method requires you to add the server IP address and save it with the game so that it can be used to access at a later point, with ease. This is what you have to do.
- Then, click on the Join server option. It may take a long time for your client to connect with the server and the chunks, terrains, blocks, textures, and texture packs to load. Counting monkeys may help.
Logout And Re-Log Into Minecraft Launcher
When you install the Minecraft Launcher for the first time, you will be asked to sign in to your Minecraft Mojang, Microsoft, or Google account. You can try logging out of the active account and then, log back in. This action has the ability to reset some unsaved changes and bring the settings back to default.
If you did not know how to, follow these steps.
- Bring up the Minecraft Launcher window.
- On the top-left corner of the Minecraft Launcher window, click on the account name drop-down menu.
- Choose the Log out option. You will be instantly logged out of the Minecraft launcher.
When you open the Launcher again, you will be asked to choose between logging into your Mojang or Google account. Choose the account that has the purchased copy of Minecraft.
Disconnect Hypixel Server
Another easy workaround that has been reported to have worked during this issue, is to disconnect from the Minecraft server and re-connect with it. This will refresh the server for you but there are chances that you may not be spawned in the same lobby as before. If you are playing with friends, you can ask them to invite you to their lobby or send them an invite to yours.
Push the Esc key and press the Disconnect button, at the bottom of the pause screen. Since the server is online, the game will continue around your character, who will be standing still.
A lot of servers have creative options instead of the Disconnect button. For instance, if you are playing on Manacube (join.manacube.com) and wish to disconnect, you will have to click on the See you soon! option.
Add The Server Manually
This is not exactly a solution and more of a method for you to get into the Hypixel server. You can add a server, manually and add it to your list of saved Minecraft servers. It is easy, with this procedure.
- Run the Minecraft game and go into the Multiplayer settings, on the main home page.
- Wait for all the servers to load, if there are any.
- Click on the Add server button.
- In the text slot, type in the IP address of the server and choose the necessary resource packs if any.
- Once you’re done, click on the Add server button to include this new server into your list of online Minecraft servers.
Whitelist Minecraft Through The Windows Firewall
If Minecraft has been blocked on the Windows Network Firewall, the game will not be able to access the internet when other aspects of the Windows Operating System (OS) can use it. If this could be your case, this is what you have to do.
- Open the Start menu search bar (Windows + S) and search for the Windows Defender Firewall Advanced Security option. This page can also be reached through the Windows Settings page.
- On the left panel, choose the Inbound Rules option, which is at the top.
- Find the Minecraft application and choose it to open the application’s properties window.
- Go to the Action section and click on the Allow the connection option.
- Select Apply and OK to save the changes.
- Then, click on the New Rule option on the right panel.
- Choose Program on the first page that appears and click on the Next button to continue.
- Now, select Browse and locate the directory where the Minecraft installation directory. The Open File Location in the game shortcut’s context menu can be used to find this location on your hard drive.
- In the Minecraft folder, locate the JRE-x64 folder and Bin folder.
- Go into the Bin folder and select javaw.exe. Now, click on the Open button to return back to the Firewall settings.
- Under the Action window, choose Allow the connection and then, Next.
- Check the Private, Domain, and Public checkboxes, that are located in the Profile folder.
- Assign a name for the rule to end this operation. Use the same steps to whitelist the Java.exe file, which is also located in the Bin folder.
- Apply these same rules, in the Outbound Rules option and check if the problem has disappeared.
Make Changes In The Hosts File
If the host’s files for the Minecraft application are taken over by third-party mod installation or hack clients, servers cannot be accessed on your computer. You may have to change them back to the default settings to play on a server.
- Get rid of the hacked client or mod-installation applications. You will find the Add or Remove Programs page in the Windows Settings helpful.
- Open a NotePad page, with elevated administrator privileges. Simply, right-click on the NotePad and choose Run as Administrator.
- In this window, select File > Open.
- In the browsing window, go to this directory: C;\Windows\System32\drivers\etc.
- Set the document type to All Files and ‘Open’ the Hosts file.
- Open the Edit menu and locate the Find option.
- Use this feature to locate all the Mojang entries and delete them.
- Save these changes and restart your computer.
Flush The Network DNS
The Domain Name System (DNS) server address plays an important role in connecting with servers and websites. You can try changing the DNS server address to try and connect with the Minecraft servers. There are several ways to modify the network’s DNS address. We have given the easiest step below for you to use.
- Go to your Control Panel and open it.
- Select Network and Sharing Center from the Network and Internet category. ‘Adapter’ refers to the network adapter that connects you to the internet.
- A few menus can be seen on the left. Select the Change Adapter Settings option from the drop-down menu.
- Select Properties for the network that delivers internet service to the user’s machine.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Properties menu in the same window.
- You’ll see that you can alter the IP address and DNS servers under the Internet Protocol version 4(TCP/IPv4) Properties window’s General tab. Check the Use the following DNS server address option and type in the DNS server address you want.
- Click OK after entering your selected DNS server. When you’re finished, select Close.
These are the different solutions, that you can use to fix the Minecraft Failed to authenticate your connection issue for multiplayer servers. If these did not help you, talk to Minecraft support, the concerned server’s support team, or post it on their respective Discord server. Happy Minecrafting!