Using a secure password to protect your data on your PC is a must. Birthdates are outdated. While you lock your computer using a not-so-easy-to-guess password, you will likely get locked out of your laptop.
This problem occurs more often than you think. Of course, situations might push you to bypass a lost admin password. Sometimes you might have to repurpose it. Here is a list of 7 steps to follow in the reset process and enjoy a smooth PC restart.
Solutions To Factory Reset Windows Without The Admin Password
- Factory Reset in Your Windows 11 From The Login Screen
- Easy Reset Your Windows 11 Locked Computer to Factory Settings without Admin Password
- Easy Removing Windows 11 Password to Factory Reset in a Windows 11 Laptop, PC or Tablet without Logging in
- Forgot Your Admin Password? Learn to Reset Using Manufacturer Recovery Files
- Fast Factory Reset Windows 11 Using Installation Media
- Advantages of Using Windows Installation Media To Reset Or Reinstall Windows
- Finally Restart Again Windows 11 On Safe Mode
1. How To Factory Reset in Your Windows 11 From The Login Screen
Do not fret if you forgot or lost your username and /or admin password for your Windows PC. You can now quickly reboot Windows 11 to factory restart easily from your login screen. Follow the guided steps below:
- The bottom-right corner of your login screen will have the option to change the settings of your network. Access the Windows Accessibility options or even power down to shut off your laptop.
- Begin resetting the PC by holding down the Shift Key on the keyboard and simultaneously pressing the Restart option under the power menu.
Your Windows 11 will start to reboot opening up a boot options menu. Quickly click on the Troubleshoot option to begin.
From the Troubleshoot menu box, click on the Reset this PC option.
It is up to you to save your files or reset your laptop completely, which will remove all files and settings. To save your files, click on the Keep my files option. Otherwise, click on the Remove everything button.
Next, the options screen will present two options to reinstall Windows on your PC. Selecting Cloud Download will first download the required operating system files and then the installation. While the Local Reinstall will utilize the existing system files and open the installer window.
This will begin the Windows password reset process. Follow further screen instructions to process. As soon as the whole process is finished, you’ll be able to set up your Windows PC with a fresh Microsoft account, wiping the old user account password completely.
2. Easy Reset Your Windows 11 Laptop to Factory Settings without Admin Password
We learned how to factory reset from the login screen if you lost your Admin Password. This is a similar subpoint. If you are locked out of your pc or laptop and need to restart with a fresh user account. Follow the above-mentioned steps to Factory Reset without the Administrator Password of Windows 11/8.1/8/XP/Vista.
3. Easy Removing Admin Password to Factory Reset in a Windows 11 Laptop, PC or Tablet without Logging in
Are you still unsuccessful in booting your laptop to a factory restart even though you followed the above mention pointers? Not to worry! We have another plan ready for you.
Windows Password Key is a professional tool specializing in password removal. It readily helps users stuck with forgotten or lost passwords by removing Windows passwords from their PC in quick few minutes.
Download the Windows Password Key application and install it. This is accessible on any Windows Windows 11/8.1/8/XP/Vista laptop. You can also download it through PassFab 4WinKey.
4. Forgot Your Admin Password? Learn to Reset Using Manufacturer Recovery Partition
Specific PC and laptop manufacturers include a special recovery partition option that will allow you to restore your Windows 11 installation to a factory reset. This menu is usually activated by restarting your laptop and pressing a definite button on the keyboard during the boot-up steps.
The button to press varies for various manufacturers. For instance, some HP computers would want you to press and hold the F11 button as the PC boots. While a Dell Laptop might have a different options menu.
Consequently, the options screen will provide instructions that would trigger the process. If your laptop or PC does not own a recovery partition, you’ll need to use one of the listed methods to factory restart your Windows 11 instead.
5. Fast Factory Reset Windows 11 Using Installation Media
This is one of the most reliable methods to reset your PC without an administrator password. If your laptop or PC is having problems, you can wipe the hard drive wholly, using the Windows Installation Media to reinstall or restart Windows.
You can easily download the Windows 11 Installer disk image from the Microsoft webpage. This can be burned to a fresh DVD or a USB drive. If you have another PC available, you can as well flash this ISO file to a bootable USB drive using Rufus’s flashing tool.
Once you have downloaded it to your Windows 11 PC, connect it to your PC or laptop. Accordingly, follows the steps listed below-
- Begin by restarting your PC by pressing the F8, F9, F12 or Esc keys to open the Boot menu. Once it has opened, select your USB drive and press enter. If your computer is not supportive of the Boot Menu, you’ll have to alter the Boot order by accessing the UEFI or the BIOS from the menu.
- Please ensure that your USB flash drive is selected from the drop-down option screen. Then, click on the Select button to select your ISO file.
- Next, from the Window setup screen, select your preferred language, currency, time and other necessary details.
- Click Next or press enter to continue.
- Click the Install Now button.
- On the options page of Activate Windows, click on the button which says I don’t have a product key link.
- After that, select the Windows edition that you would like to be installed by the Installer. Otherwise, select the default option and click Next.
- This will continue the installation process offering you recovery options. Follow further screen instructions to process.
Windows 11 will efficiently wipe the installation disk and install a new copy of the Windows OS. Post restart, Microsoft will freshly prompt you to create a Microsoft account to complete your setup.
As soon as the whole process is finished, you’ll be able to set up your Windows PC with a fresh Microsoft account, wiping the old user account password completely.
6. Advantages of Using Windows Installation Disk To Reset Or Reinstall Windows
Installation Disk is a highly foolproof efficient recovery option using a DVD or a CD to create a fresh Microsoft account. Windows OS does this by wiping out your drive and copying your files for the renewed installation.
Although it may sound difficult and redundant, following these easy steps of the command prompt window will guide you to the respective option screen, which will help you go through an easy installation of a new copy of the Microsoft OS.
Finally Restart Again Windows 11 On Safe Mode
Once you are aware of the proper guidelines to reset your Windows 11 without a username and/or administrator password at hand, you’re ready! Of course, your first task would be to use a password manager, this time to help you generate and save a secure password for your PC. It is not necessary to set up Windows with a Microsoft account, but it is always recommended.
Maintaining your PC or laptop, all the while keeping a tab on its well-being, can seem like a hassle sometimes, with all the system recovery and troubleshooting option menus. Yet, a net user cannot forego without removing bugs or any other disturbances which might be troubling their Windows 11 PC.
While you’re at it, you might even go through the advanced boot options and other option menus like the recovery manager to gain additional knowledge of some further Windows features.