Facebook is still one of the most popular social media platforms even after being in the market for way over a decade. Scrolling down on your Facebook feed is pretty fun until you are stuck with the same memes and photos that show up again and again. You’ll be put in a position where you know that there are new posts for you to see but you can’t see them.
This is common, harmless, and quite relatable among several Facebook users. The best option here is to use the instructions we have curated for you in the analysis below. This article was made especially to fix the Facebook not updating issues on your mobile client.
Factors that cause the Facebook Not Updating error
There are six plausible factors that could the reason behind why your Facebook feed will not load on your client. They are –
Inadequate CPU Memory
Every program running on your device requires a certain amount of RAM to run. If there is not enough space for the application to run, then there will be some issues regarding the running of this application. You just will have to end the other applications or upgrade the RAM to provide more space for the Facebook website/application to launch properly and thereby, prompt the system to load your feed.
Different Feed Preferences
A lot of Facebook users do not know this but there are certain settings that can adjust the content that appears on your Facebook feed. When these settings are not the way you want them to be, there are chances for you to see feed content that you do not wish to see, too much feed content, and sometimes the same repetitive posts.
Client Bug or Glitches
If the application has bugs, there is the possibility of the same posts showing up on your Facebook page since the feed does not get updated. A simple relaunch of the application or re-login can help you remove the bugs. You can also restart the device if you think there are some corrupt temporary files at work.
Different Time Zone Settings
Incorrect Date and Time settings can cause a lot of issues on the device and also on the applications that run on it. Bad dates produce a torrent of incorrect information data if the date and time settings are set improperly, resulting in several issues. One of these issues is what will cause the feed to not load properly and update on Facebook.
Issues with the Network Connection
Facebook feed requires a network connection with access to the internet to load new posts for you to see and like. The absence of a network will only show you the feed that was loaded when the device was connected to a network when Facebook was open. Unless you figure out a way to provide internet to Facebook, you will not only be able to get an updated feed but also not many of the solutions we have got for you below can be implemented.
Offline Facebook Server
This is a very rare source of this problem, however, the Facebook site’s server may be temporarily shut down for server maintenance or upgrades. There is a potential that several features on the website will be unavailable during this period since the server is being serviced.
The down detector website may be used to track the validity of the server. The only solution for this situation is to wait for the server to come back online. Considering the large amount of Facebook users, it is to be understood that Facebook generally updates the server in a short period of time.
Solutions for the Facebook Feed Not Updating Issue
- Take a look at your News Feed Preferences settings
- Log out and Login again into your Facebook Account
- Update the Facebook Client
- Uninstall and Reinstall Facebook
- Change the Time and Date Settings.
- Delete the Browser Cache and Cookies
- Deactivate the VPN Service
- Remove Extensions from your browser
Fixing the Facebook Feed Not Updating Issue
Take a look at your News Feed Preferences settings
Like it was mentioned earlier, Facebook allows its users to adjust what appears on their newsfeed. There could be some changes in the settings that manage the newsfeed that can cause the feed to not update. This is what you need to do in order to check the Newsfeed preferences settings –
- Open your Facebook profile on a browser; special emphasis on the requirement of the Facebook profile in a web browser – be it on a computer or a mobile browser.
- Click on the drop-down arrow at the upper right corner of the window.
- From the menu, choose Settings & Privacy > News Feed Preferences.
- In the dialog box that appears, you can choose what aspects you wish to change on your feed appearances.
This should make an impact on your newsfeed and if it doesn’t, continue with the solutions stated below.
Log out and Log In again into your Facebook Account
Another cause of the Facebook news feed not updating is a temporary error on your account. This is can also be considered a website bug. There is a different approach to removing this bug from Facebook profiles. To refresh your Facebook profile, you must first log out and then log back in.
When you’re using a computer to access Facebook, follow these instructions:
- When you click the downward-facing arrow in the upper-right corner, a small menu of options will appear for you to choose from.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Log out. You will be signed out from your Facebook profile immediately.
- Now type in your login credentials in the sign-in to re-enter your account. There is also a login shortcut option in this page, that is accessible if you had chosen to save your profile on the Facebook site.
The instructions below will assist you with a Facebook mobile client:
- You’ll be directed to the menu page if you touch the hamburger menu in the top corner of the screen.
- Navigate to the bottom of the page and touch the Log out option.
- After the Facebook client logs your profile out, all you have to do is log back in with your login and password.
Update the Facebook Client
If you are using Facebook on your mobile, the newsfeed not updating issue is very common. You can try updating the Facebook client on your handheld device to check if it removes the causal factor of this issue.
For android devices, you can update the Facebook app through the Google Play Store and iOS devices get their Facebook app updated through the AppStore. You needn’t worry about the Facebook website on a browser, since updates are instantly updated when the website is launched.
Uninstall and Reinstall Facebook
Uninstalling and then, installing the Facebook application again might help you fix some bugs on your Facebook client. Maybe this could refresh your feed and give you new posts to look through.
The generic way to uninstall any application on a mobile phone is to touch and drag the application icon into the Uninstall area on the screen. You can also use the Uninstall option in the interface application used to install Facebook in the first place.
To reinstall it, you will either need the Google Play Store or AppStore to install Facebook back on your device. Once the application has been installed, log in to your profile to see if the newsfeed is new.
Change the Time and Date Settings
Since the time and date, settings can be misconfigured and this can cause the Facebook newsfeed to not update on your system. The only way you can set it right is to set the Date and Time settings in synchronization with the time zone.
The steps to do so can change with every interface. But the procedure can more or less go this way –
- Open the phone settings.
- Go into the settings option for the system time. This option could be in the Clock application on your phone.
- On this page, you should see the option that will provide a network-based or time zone-based time for your device. This is generally a toggle switch that has to be enabled to adjust the time.
Delete the Browser Cache and Cookies
Cookies and cache memory are temporary data stored locally on your computer by browsers. When you use the internet, cookies and cached files are saved to your computer in the form of temporary files. These data may collect over time, slowing down your browser rather than aiding it. Simply clean your browsing data to remove any damaged data.
The problem with Facebook can be resolved by clearing the browsing data. Cookies and cache-related issues can be resolved by restarting your browser. If the Facebook feed is not updating, try deleting the cache and cookies in your browser. This should be easier with the steps we have collected for you below –
- To access your browser history page, launch the Google Chrome web browser and click the CTRL + H buttons on your keyboard.
- On the Google Chrome History page, click on the Clear browsing data option. When you select this option, a namesake dialog box will appear.
- In a checked list that you can choose from, this dialogue box allows you to remove cookies and cached data. Check the appropriate options from this section.
- Finally, select the Clear data button at the bottom-right corner of the dialog box.
Deactivate the VPN Service
A third-party VPN software could be used to protect your privacy and data while surfing the internet, but they have one drawback: they are insecure and make linking with website servers difficult. This Facebook feed not updating problem could be caused by these unfavorable aspects and repercussions of using a VPN service.
This is due to the fact that when you use a VPN, your network IP address changes at random since a VPN’s server generates a new IP address to replace your old one. Disable your VPN and check if the problem goes away if you’re experiencing problems using Facebook.
Remove Extensions from your browser
Some browser extensions may prevent certain websites from opening in your browser. You may be able to pinpoint which browser extension is causing it in certain cases, but it is often difficult to do so.
In any case, deleting the browser extension should help you resolve the issue. If you don’t know how to, the approach we’ve provided should assist you in disabling a Chrome browser add-on –
- Open the Google Chrome browser on your PC.
- Enter the following address in the address bar: chrome:/extensions/. You can also access this option in the Chrome Settings and choose the Extensions option from the left panel.
- Locate the extension you’re concerned about and select the Remove option.
- Confirm this by clicking the Remove button in the prompt dialogue box that displays at the upper part of the screen.
After you’ve successfully uninstalled the extensions, check to see if there’s anything wrong with the Facebook page.
Why Does Facebook Keep Showing Me The Same Posts?
Facebook keeps showing you the same posts when there is no active internet connection on your system. If this is not your case, it means that the feed preferences for your Facebook account are preventing new content from loading on your client. Some users even reported that they experienced this issue when the date and time settings on their device are different from their time zone.
How Do I Refresh Facebook?
If you use the Facebook website through a web browser on your mobile or PC, you can click on the Reload button for the page. For the mobile client, you just have to go to the Facebook homepage and drag it down to see the rounded arrow symbol. Once the symbol goes as low as possible, release your finger from the screen to refresh the Facebook feed.
Why Is My FB Not Updating?
Your Facebook page probably does not update page because of the lack of internet connection to the website or the client. This can also be caused by some bugs in the Facebook website or application that can stop the feed from being updated. Under rare circumstances, there is also a possibility of this issue being caused by insufficient CPU memory or wrong date and time settings.
How Do I Change My Facebook Settings To See More Posts?
If you wish to see more Facebook posts, you can open the News Feed Preferences settings and choose posts from which profiles or communities you wish to see from on your newsfeed. This option can also be used to remove some accounts from showing up with their posts on your newsfeed. This way you can avoid clutter and make your feed prioritize what posts to display for you.