Facebook Gameroom is a reasonably new application designed for windows users. It allows you to install, run and play Facebook games on Windows. As it is new, you can run into a problem with the Gameroom not working. But don’t you worry, it is not a new problem. Many users have reported this issue.
We are bringing you all the solutions to fix Facebook Gameroom not working issues. We cover all the Windows OS. This means you will find solutions for Windows 10, Windows 7, and even Windows 8.
Before We Begin
- Restart your PC. Reconnect with the Network. Make sure that you have a viable network connection.
- If that’s working, check the Facebook server status. You can check it by visiting the official website.
- If you’re using the browser for Facebook Gameroom, check for the latest version. You need up to date browser for Facebook Gameroom to work.
- Similarly, check if Facebook Gameroom is up to date.
- Often, the problem could be browser cache or plug-ins and extensions. So, run it in Incognito mode. If this works, you will have to clear the cache or make changes.
- Make sure that you aren’t using any VPN or extension that is causing problems. Often, using a VPN with Facebook Gameroom can cause unforeseeable issues.
Solutions To Fix Facebook Gameroom Not Working Issue
- Try Administrator Option
- Update Windows .NET 4 Framework For Windows 7 User
- Install Facebook Gameroom Certificate
- Reset System Date And Time
- Update The Graphic Cards Driver For Games
- Fix Facebook Games And Troubleshoot
- Troubleshoot Facebook Games Won’t Download
- Uninstall And Install Facebook Gameroom
1. Run As Administrator
Often, Microsoft Windows might require you to run the app in compatibility mode. You can also try installing Facebook Gameroom as an Admin. If none of that proves to be helpful, access it as administrator. Here are the steps:
- Find where you downloaded the .exe file for Facebook Gameroom.
- Right-click and select Properties.
- Go to ‘Compatibility Tab’ and check ‘Run this program in compatibility for.’ Then choose the Windows you plan on using.
- You can also check for ‘Run this program as an administrator.’
- Relaunch the Facebook Gameroom. If that works, then great.
- You can also right-click the .exe file and select Run As Administrator from the options.
2. For Windows 7 Users – Install Microsoft .NET Framework 4
If you have Windows 7, you will need .NET Framework 4 for Facebook Gameroom to work. It won’t come with the app, either. You will have to download it manually. If it is already downloaded, check for any updates.
This step is only for Windows 7 users.
3. Install Facebook Gameroom Certificate
Often, uncertified apps get blacklisted by Windows for security reasons. It is a good idea to install a Facebook Gameroom certificate to prevent this:
- Right-Click on the installer for the Facebook Gameroom. Go to the properties.
- Find the ‘Digital Signatures’ tab. Then, select Facebook, Inc from the list and press Details.
- Click on View Certificate and click on Install Certificate. This might bring an installation or Import Wizard. Follow through with instructions.
- Make sure to select ‘Automatically select the certificate store based on the type of certificate.’ Press Next and Finish.
- This will install the certificate automatically.
4. It Could Be A System Date Problem
Make sure that you have the correct system date. Often, Facebook Gameroom not working issue surfaces due to expired certificates. If you can’t download the certificate, or if you have the wrong date, try to use this:
- Open Settings for Windows. You can do this by pressing the Windows + I key. You can also right-click Start Menu Icon and select Settings.
- Go to the Time & Language option and find Date & Time. Click on Change and then Change the Date and Time setting.
- If you can’t find this button, make sure to select ‘Set Time Automatically.’
As a pro tip, if this doesn’t work, try a date one day before your certificate expires. This might work and solve the issue for you.
5. Update The Graphics Card Driver
Almost every PC game requires a graphic card driver. This driver needs to be up to date if you want to play games. An outdated driver or corrupted GPU driver can lead to problems.
The best way to update your Graphics Card Driver is:
- Go to the Search Bar and find Device Manager. If you’re using older windows, press Windows + R. Then type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.
- Find the ‘Display Adapters’ section and expand it.
- See if you can find your Graphics Card listed there. If you do, right-click on it and select properties.
- Go to the Driver Tab and select ‘Update Driver.’ If the option is available.
See if this works. If not, you can come back and disable and enable the driver. You can also roll back or uninstall the driver here.
If you can’t find a new driver, manually install the updated driver. For this, you will need to know the manufacturer of your Graphics Card. Then visit their official website and install the driver from there.
6. Fix Facebook Games And Troubleshoot
- Go to the Downloaded Games Sections in Facebook Gameroom.
- Find the ‘X’ button next to the Facebook Games. Click on it to stop downloading or delete the game.
- Close the Facebook Gameroom.
- Relaunch it and try again.
- Try to install the game again.
Are you getting errors like the game crashed or failed to initialize direct3D? You might want to check the graphic card driver. Make sure that you meet the minimum requirement for the DirectX9 to play Facebook Games.
7. Facebook Games Won’t Download
- Open Facebook Gameroom and go to Home.
- Find the game and resume the download. Remove the download if that doesn’t work.
- Check if the system is down for Facebook games.
You can also try the ‘Report a problem’ link and see if the Facebook team will reach out to you to help you fix the problem.
8. Uninstall And Install Facebook Gameroom
The final solution is for you to try and reinstall the Facebook Gameroom. Often, installing Gameroom again fixes almost all the problems.
- Go to Start Menu and search for the Control Panel
- Go to the Programs and Features option and find Facebook Gameroom.
- Right-click on it and Uninstall it. Make sure that you delete the folder after uninstalling it.
- Now visit the official Facebook Gameroom website. You can also download it from the Microsoft Store.
Now, you can redownload the Gameroom or use any web browser to see if the problem is solved.
Is There A Problem With Facebook Gameroom Today?
Facebook games usually won’t cause any problem. If you’re getting an error for Facebook Gameroom, you can check the server status. Go to your browser and check the web data. All you need to do is visit IsItDownNow. You will find essential information on whether the server is down or not.
How Do I Fix Facebook Games Not Loading?
You can try to clear the cache and make sure that you have the right ID logged into. If you can’t play the games installed, you can also try the browsers. Often, Facebook Gameroom works fine on browsers. If that works, then try updating the Facebook Gameroom, or reinstall it completely.
What Is Replacing Facebook Gameroom?
Facebook Gameroom is getting replaced by Facebook Gaming. It is another attempt to make things easier for the users. You can use this on Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or any other browser like safari.
Facebook Gameroom made it easiest for the users to play games. They didn’t have to worry about newsfeed and other similar obstructions. However, that is getting replaced by the latest Facebook Gaming.
The Facebook Gaming tool works with the official app. It also works on Web browsers like Chrome. You can play games without installing, and yes, it has compatibility with Windows. Unfortunately, it won’t be as efficient as Facebook Gameroom. You can still play Facebook Games.
Facebook Gaming works more like Twitch TV and Youtube for gamers. It is a streaming platform.
Why Does Facebook Gameroom Exe Crash?
If you want to fix the Facebook Gameroom problem, you can try updating the net framework. You can also go to settings and clear cache. If none of it works, reinstall the game that you play. As a final resort, you can use the browser or the app to play the games. The Facebook Gameroom software is not supported by Facebook anymore. Please use Facebook Gaming to connect with the community.