In this article, you can learn how to evolve Inkay in Pokémon GO, but it’s trickier than you would expect. The evolution of Inkay into Malamar in Pokémon Go involves specific requirements.
Our Pokémon GO tutorial will go through the candy requirements and how to develop an Inkay into a Malamar.
You may team up with a friend even during raid fights to catch stronger and rarer Pokémon. You need 50 Inkay Candy for Inkay to grow into Malamar.
Evolution Of Inkay To Malamar In Pokemon Go Game
In-game, note out of the five, Inkay may be discovered on Route 7, Route 9, and in the Wild Area’s Bridge Field, Giant’s Mirror, or Hammerlocke Hills areas.
- Toggle any phone orientation locks you might have on or off if you’re having trouble getting your phone to recognize that it’s upside down.
- The app may need to be closed and reopened to restart your game.
- However, more and more Pokémon in recent months have undergone distinctive evolutionary processes.
- Some Pokémon need more than just candy to fit them, whether it’s giving Swirlix 25 Berries or making 10 Excellent Throws when partnered with Galarian Farfetch’d.
- Inkay’s evolution follows a fairly comparable pattern.
Inkay has just been made available as a part of the Psychic Spectacular event, which is a part of the Pokémon GO Season of Mischief.
The Topsy-Turvy Pokémon is on its way, which confirms the suggestions of a “revolving” addition to the game that might “overturn at a moment’s notice.”
Finding and catching Inkay are requirements for developing it, as is fulfilling a unique evolution.
Anything in the water that lights up or generates an echo causes Inkay to respond immediately.
Although developing Inkay seems difficult, it will appear as a raid boss in field research and rare wild spawns.
Here’s the guide evolve Inkay into Malamar in Pokémon:
- How can you evolve Inkay into Malamar in PokémonGo: Explained
- Is the evolution of Shiny Inkay into Malamar in Pokémon possible?
1. How can you evolve Inkay into Malamar in PokémonGo: Explained
If you want to evolve inkay in pokémon go, you just need 50 Inkay candies to develop Inkay. If your gadget does not have a gyroscope, you do not need to turn it upside down. Firstly, let’s talk about Candy.
- You can get this new Pokémon by catching Inkay using Pinap Berries, using an Inkay as a walking stick, and completing Stage 5 of the Misunderstood Mischief special research mission, which rewards you with 10 Inkay Candy.
- The next phase is to satisfy a certain need to turn an Inkay into a Malamar. Fortunately, this condition is easier to meet than Sirfetch’d or Runerigus.
- Like in the original series games, you had to flip your console upside down to evolve Inkay.
- You’ll have to turn your phone upside down if you want to evolve inkay in Pokémon Go.
- To achieve this, just flip your phone’s screen upside down.
- To develop Inkay into Malamar at first, you had to turn your phone on its side, mimicking how it was done in the 3DS main series games.
- However, starting with version 0.221, players without a gyroscope on their phone can progress Inkay using just the Inkay Candy requirement (1.187 on iOS).
- Contrary to appearances and the process utilized to create Inkay, things could not be as they seem.
The difficulty of developing Inkay is something you will be familiar with if you’ve played the main series of games on Nintendo Switch or DS.
When Pokémon X & Y first came out, online guides weren’t as prevalent; thus, if you didn’t have access to them, you would have to use other resources.
This Pokémon was unavailable to the prior generation.
2. Is the evolution of Shiny Inkay into Malamar in Pokémon possible?
Shiny Inkay is currently not available in Pokémon GO. Malamar’s move set is currently unknown. However, it is anticipated to differ greatly from its best alternatives in the main series games.
- Malamar’s Contrary does not grant it boosts from the likes of Superpower because Pokémon GO lacks skills. Superpower, though, could be a choice for it in Pokémon GO.
- Malamar resembles an upside-down squid, much like Inkay resembles a squid.
- Therefore, it is logical to create a water-type Pokémon by flipping an existing Pokémon.
- Inkay made his acting debut in 2013 and is from the Kalos area.
- It made anime appearances as one of Team Rocket’s Pokemon that season and was captured for its attractiveness due to its appealing look. But even after changing into its next form, Inkay is still not adorable.
- Since many gamers still remember how special and entertaining this Pokémon and its evolution were, the Gen 6 Pokémon was a welcome inclusion.
- The little squid puzzled gamers because Malamar couldn’t be evolved from it by Pokémon trainers worldwide.
- Players ultimately learned how to develop Inkay into Malamar, much to their surprise and, probably, relief. Unconventional, but a terrific and enjoyable approach!
- Players had to turn their 3DS systems upside down for the squid to switch from being the “revolving Pokémon” to the “overturning Pokémon” when an Inkay leveled past level 30.
- Malamar is a Dark and Psychic-type despite having a wet appearance. Because it has some fascinating talents, the unique creature is something to consider if you’re looking for a Pokemon to cover these sorts of benefits.
- Contrarily, due to its special beginning ability, any stat changes it encounters have the reverse effect, changing an opponent’s offensive movements into defensive ones.
- It has a limited number of significant moves, and its stat total is low.
That does alter somewhat when Inkay evolves into Malamar. While the stronger Pokemon does not have a spectacular basic stat total like some other Pokemon encountered in Sword & Shield, it does have several interesting skills that can help it fight in battle.
Foul Play is an excellent choice for any Pokémon, and Psycho Cut can quickly charge up your Charge Moves and deliver decent damage while it’s at it.
Should you decide to take it? Your second Charge Move on Malamar will be a nuke and rely on the make-up of the rest of your squad to level up.
This concludes our knowledge of Malamar’s move set and Inkay’s special evolution in Pokémon GO.
As soon as something becomes official and Inkay debuts in the game, we’ll update this guide, so be sure to check back.
Hope we can help you to evolve inkay on your pokemon go.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Does Inkay Evolve In Shield?
Rotate the console upside down after leveling up in battle or through EXP sweets before concluding the dialogue or terminating the battle. It is advisable to carry out this action in handheld mode because it requires turning on the Nintendo Switch. Inkay will develop into Malamar if everything is done right.
What Evolves Inkay Pokemon Go?
Inkay is a small, squid-like Pokémon that evolves into Malamar. It has a round body with a dark blue back and a light blue belly. There are two yellow spots on its back, and it has four tentacles. Inkay can turn its eyes inside out and use this ability to startle opponents. It also can change the polarization of light, which it uses to communicate with other Inkay.
When Does Inkay Evolve Ultra Moon?
Inkay evolves into Malamar when it reaches level 30, but only at night.
Can’t Evolve Inkay Pokemon Go?
Currently, there is no way to evolve Inkay in Pokemon GO. This is because Inkay can only be evolved into Malamar by using the “inverse” method, which is not currently possible in the game. To evolve Inkay into Malamar, you must get it to level 30 and hold down the “down” button on your D-pad while pressing the “evolve” button. This will cause Inkay to evolve into Malamar.