Previously, QuickTest Professional used the tool \bin\ClientLogs.exe utility, setting up its section called “QTP”, however for UFT, this option does not capture any logs.
Instructions to collect desired logs:
1. Close UFT.exe, AQTRmtAgent.exe and QTAutomationAgent.exe
2. Locate tool’s “Logs” directory/folder (see A section below)
3. Configure config.xml files (see B section below)
4. Clear “Logs” directory/folder.
5. Reproduce situation. If reproduction requires multiple repetitions/iterations, repeat steps 4 – 5.
Note: Enabling logs as suggested may generate larger logs files, so minimizing the tasks done on UFT to reproduce, and clearing the logs before each attempt of reproduction, may help collecting more accurate information from such logs.
6. (If possible) Collect date and time when issue. Note: this helps narrowing down search within logs.
7. Compress logs
A. Logs location/path/directory
The UFT log files generated from below steps should get created by default under the following path:
To navigate to above, go to “Start” > “Run” and type above path. Note: if above path is not found, then:
Review which path is setup for logs, on the configuration file of respective feature. For example for general UFT, under log.config.xml, path is configured to default with below entry:
Ensure UFT and machine is using correct files.
B. Configure config.xml files
1. Create backup of \bin\log.config.xml. Note: this is to “disable” expanded logs by replacing modified files with backup
2. Open on a text editor \bin\log.config.xml
3. If the test execution is longer than 30 min, increase the value of maximumFileSize to 50MB:
4. Change the “level value” under “root” tag to DEBUG (instead of ERROR):
5. Make sure all appender-ref element values are set to “RollingFileAppender”:
6. If involving API scripts, add logger/tag named “HP.ST” as below:
set “level value” to DEBUG, under “LogCatRmtAgent” logger:
7. Save changes on log.config.xml
8. Repeat steps 1 to 5 for below files \bin\log.config.AutomationAgent.xml, THEN save changes.
9. For \bin\log.config.RemoteAgent.xml, repeat steps 1 to 5, THEN
10. For \bin\qeee.log.config.xml, repeat steps 1 to 4, THEN:
1. Make sure all appender-ref element values are set to “QEEE_RollingFileAppender”:
2. Set “level value” to DEBUG, under “HP.QTP.QEEE” logger: