If you’re having issues getting your email to sync, try the following method — it works 100% of the time. Email stop syncing on android.
Email is a reliable way to send and receive messages between users and companies.
It allows you to compose, manage, or view important emails from your PC and an Android phone without the hassle.
However, what happens if your email stops syncing on Android phones?
You’ll blow a fuse when your Android smartphone fails to receive your new messages in emails. Specifically, if you are regularly using it for business purposes.
Fortunately, you do not have to worry anymore because we have gathered all the fixes here.
How do I fix my email Notifications on an Android Phone?
If your Android phone has problems syncing emails, I suggest you start with some simple fixes to resolve the issue.
However, if the issue cannot be resolved with easy hacks, you will have to resort to difficult and time-consuming methods.
The following methods will help you fix email sync on your Android device:
Solutions For Email Stop Syncing On Android
- Check For Updates
- Check for internet connectivity
- Restart Your Device
- Ensure Sync Is Turned On
- Remove And Re-add Your Email Account
- Free Up Internal Storage
- Clear The Cache And Data For Your Email App
Check For Updates
It is imperative to keep your apps updated to get maximum performance. Older versions of apps don’t usually cause problems, but sometimes they can cause conflicts.
Particularly when there’s more to the update or if there’s server-side stuff running on.
The Play Store is helpful for finding updates if you haven’t updated your email app.
Many bugs in the app have been fixed in the latest updates. Here’s what you need to do if your emails aren’t syncing on android due to such a bug:
How to check for Android updates?
Check the latest Android update by following these steps:
- The first thing you need to do is go into the Settings app.
- Select System from the menu.
- Select System Update from the drop-down menu.
- Check for Updates by tapping it.
- Allow the update to run and follow the instructions.
- Restart your Android phone and check if your email sync works.
How to check for Gmail app updates?
You can update your Gmail app easily by following these steps.
- Launch the Google Play Store on your Smartphone.
- Tap on the search bar and type Gmail, and press enter.
- The Gmail application will appear on your screen; tap it to open.
- If Gmail has a new update, you’ll see an Update button; otherwise, it’ll show the Open button.
Check for internet connectivity
First, check whether your internet connection is functioning properly. Your email won’t get stuck if your internet is stable, regardless of whether you use Wi-Fi or mobile data.
Alternatively, try the other methods if your internet connection is working fine.
Restart Your Device
Restarting your device is the most common problem-solving method, and it works almost every time.
Generally, this method works perfectly for any other issue on your Android smartphone. Thus, whenever your mobile phone has a problem, reboot it to fix it.
How to restart an Android device?
Here are the steps to reboot the Android device:
- Hold the power button for a few seconds.
- Now the Restart option appears on your screen. Tap on Restart.
- Verify that the issue has been resolved now. If not, proceed to the next troubleshooting step.
Ensure Sync Is Turned On
Android devices have an auto-sync feature that automatically transfers data from your smartphone to a cloud server.
You can access all your emails and other relevant data across all your devices with this feature. Signed-in devices also get emails automatically.
Due to this helpful process, you no longer need to manually refresh all your emails on your phone since it takes care of everything automatically.
Therefore, if you buy a brand-new mobile phone, add your email address. It synchronizes all the data automatically, including emails, drives, contacts, calendars, and files on the cloud. You must therefore ensure that sync is enabled in your email app settings. Otherwise, your emails won’t sync.
How to turn on sync from your android device?
Follow these steps to enable Auto-sync for your Gmail account:
- Open the Setting option on your Android device.
- Select the Account option at the top of the screen.
- On the next screen, you will see the option for Account, tap on it.
- The Google icon appears on your screen, so tap on it.
- You will be asked to select an email address you would like to sync.
- Tap the box next to Sync Gmail.
How to turn on sync from your email account?
If you’re logged into your Email account, you can set up email synchronization as follows:
- Open the Gmail application.
- You will find a menu icon (three lines) in the top-left corner of the screen; tap on it.
- Scroll down and tap the settings icon.
- Select the email account which you want to sync.
- Drop down and tap on the box next to “Sync Gmail.”
- Now tap the arrow at the top of the screen to get back to your email inbox.
The last synced time is displayed above your emails. Now that your email is synchronized, you can receive or send mail to anyone.
Remove And Re-add Your Email Account
If your email is not syncing yet, you may have an issue with account configuration.
In this case, removing and re-adding your account to the app could fix it. This way, you can confirm the settings to ensure nothing is misconfigured.
You might have multiple Google apps running on your phone, creating inconveniences. If none of the other methods works, it might be worth a shot.
How to remove a Google account on Android?
Here’s how to get rid of your Google account on Android:
- Open the Settings app on your mobile device.
- Then select Passwords & accounts from the menu.
- Locate the Google account that you want to remove from your device. Then you need to tap on it.
- Select the Remove/Delete Account button and follow the instructions that appear.
How to add a Google account on Android?
Now follow these steps to add your Google account to your device:
- Open the Settings app on your mobile device.
- Select Passwords & accounts from the menu.
- On the screen, tap on the Add account button.
- Select Google from the list of options.
- You will be asked to enter your email address.
- Now, you will need to enter a password to proceed.
- Hit the I Agree on button.
Free Up Internal Storage
Your Android devices can’t sync new emails if your mobile’s internal storage is full.
How to free up the internal storage of an android device?
You can fix the problem by freeing up some space:
- Open the File Manager app on your smartphone and check the internal storage.
- Ensure a minimum of 20-30% remaining capacity is on the drive.
- If it covers more than 30%, you need to delete some unwanted data or applications.
Clear The Cache And Data For Your Email App
Things run more smoothly when cache and data are present. However, either can be corrupted; you should clear your cache and data to clear storage if your email application doesn’t sync.
Remember that clearing data will erase your account, app’s data, and settings. You’ll have to log in again after clearing it.
Maybe this will fix whatever’s keeping Gmail from functioning.
How to clear the cache on Android?
Follow these steps to clear the cache files on Android:
- Launch the Settings option.
- Choose the Application manager from the menu.
- Now search for the Gmail application from the list.
- Open the Gail Application and drop down the menu. You will find Clear Data and Clear Cache buttons.
- Tap on the Clear Cache and Clear Data buttons.
- Now open your email account and check if it works.
What works for most people is turning on the sync from the Account Settings or the Notifications panel.
However, if that does not work, you should ensure that Gmail is installed and updated with all the permissions granted.
Sync may also be out of order due to older software, which you will need to update your system.
Your email should be back and running now. Are you still having trouble? Check out Google’s Help Center from your mobile web browser.