Let’s admit it. We all want to download videos from different websites. There can be many reasons for it. You could have limited data for each day. It would be easier to download and watch anytime, even in places where you find no connectivity.
It is inconvenient to use data to stream videos if you’re traveling. Some even want it to upload it as their video content (for Instagram and Facebook pages, for example).
But, these highly secure platforms don’t make it easy for you. This applies to YouTube, Twitch, Vimeo, Facebook, Instagram, etc. So, what do you do? You turn to this guide. Read it thoroughly, absorb it, and you will find various ways to download a video. That’s right!
This is your ultimate guide. We have worked relentlessly to bring you all these brilliant options and solutions. So, let’s check them out.
Methods To Download A Video From Any Website
- Check The Website
- Consider A subscription
- Get the Direct URL Of The Video
- Use A Browser Hack
- Get A Browser Extension
- Download On Android Platforms
- Telegram Is The Hub
- Using The VLC Media Player
- Using The YouTube DL
- Using The Online Tools
- Find A Third Party Website
- Use A Screen Recorder
- Try A New Web Browser
- Use Some Developer Tools
All The Ways To Download Video From Site
1. Check The Website
This guide is for you to download videos from almost any website. You will have plenty of websites to visit. This goes from Facebook and Twitter to YouTube, among others. A lot of video streaming websites offer you an option to download the content.
This applies to YouTube as well. Although, you will need a subscription for that. Either way, you should inspect the Website and see if there is any built-in method for you to download it.
Many third-party websites offer you an option to change servers. These servers and video players come with their unique ‘Download’ or ‘Save Video As’ option for you. You can click it to download. If this doesn’t work, you can move to another solution.
2. Consider A Subscription
YouTube offers you a method to download videos. But, you can only do that when you have a subscription. If you can afford to get a Subscription, consider it. The same applies to many prominent platforms like Netflix, Amazon, and so on.
So, if you want, you can just subscribe to them and download the content. It will stay in-app. What does that mean? It means that you can’t use any external player to stream the content. But, you can still use their built-in video player.
The downloaded content will consume your storage space. You can also delete them in-app. But that’s about it. This is one of the most secure and legal ways for you to download videos from any website.
But you’re probably not looking for an option to subscribe if you’re here. Let’s move to other solutions.
3. Get The Direct URL Of The Video
The latest web browsers and apps are pretty advanced, no doubt, but there’s still a direct URL.
- Whenever you launch a video on a website, right-click on it. See if there is a ‘COPY VIDEO URL’ option. It could also be the ‘Open Link In New Tab’ option.
- Try these options out. Always open a new tab and launch these URLs. See if this loads the video directly for you. If it does, check if you can find a download option or save video option.
- If not, then try the CTRL + S or Save option. See if that allows you to download the content. If it does, good. If not, you can move ahead to another solution.
Remember that in the next step, we will help you find the direct URL even on the most prominent websites. These include YouTube, Facebook, and many others. So, if this step doesn’t work, go ahead and try the next one.
4. Use A Browser Hack
Everything on your PC and online is a combination of codes that you can’t see. With Chromium-based browsers, it has become easier to inspect a web page. You can access the coding and much more quite easily. Why does this matter to you?
Well, almost every video that you can stream online uses a source link from some server. If you can find this link, you can also download the video to your system.
Downloading tools like YouTube downloaders Instagram story downloaders use these methods. After all, all these tools follow similar hacks to bring you the results. You won’t have to get into the details for them.
So, we are bringing you the method that you can use to work on almost any platform. Whether you use a mobile phone, desktop website, or something else. Here’s how you do it:
- First, you need the Mozilla Firefox browser for your system. Preferably, use a PC for this process. Once you download and install, launch the Firefox.
- Go to the address bar and type: about:config and press enter.
- You will see some options, forget about them. Go to the blank area in the web browsers configure page and right-click—Select New and then String.
- You will have to give it a name. Use this name: general.useragent.override
- Now copy and paste this: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) FxiOS/1.0 Mobile/12F69 Safari/600.1.4
- Now, visit the official YouTube website. Load any video and launch the Video. Wait for the advertisement to finish and the actual video to begin. Once it does, right-click on the video.
- Click on Inspect element from the options. This will open a new video. Use the Find function to find <div id = “player”
- You will see an arrow on the left side of the above-given name. Expand it.
- Next, find the <div id = “movie_player” and repeat it.
- Then repeat it for <div class = “html5-video-container”
- As you keep doing this, you will come across a URL. It will have an src in the HTML before that. Copy that URL.
- Now open a new Tab and open that video there. As you do so, it will load the video for you. Now, right-click the video. You will see the “Save Video As’ or the `Download Video’ option. Click on them.
- By default, they might download as videoplayback.mp4. Let it be. Once you save it, you can change the name.
5. Get A Browser Extension
Browser extensions are one of the most flexible tools available in today’s world. These are like tiny apps that you use to enhance your browser. As a result, you can do a lot of things with extensions. There are extensions available for almost everything, including downloading the videos.
Embedded and encrypted videos are becoming quite common. It is becoming increasingly challenging to download them. So, you can try to use an extension as an alternative.
An extension will allow you to visit almost any website and use it to download the content from it. If it is a video downloading extension, it will enable you to do so. But remember, you have to find extensions that will work with the website.
If you can’t find a few, there are a couple given right below. So, scroll down and find yours.
Yes, Flash doesn’t exist anymore. Websites, web browsers and Adobe itself has stopped supporting the Flash Player. But, a Flash Video Downloader works well for browsers like Chrome and Firefox. It comes with an option to download various videos that still run on the format.
One of the best parts is that the extension is entirely secure. It has excellent ratings and positive reviews from users. You can access a wide range of websites from it.
If there’s any embedded video available for download on the given webpage, it will let you know. Then you can decide if you want to download it or not. Of course, it lacks compatibility with the latest options, but it is still worth the addition. Besides, you can always add more extensions.
Video Download Helper is another popular extension with millions of users worldwide. It is highly compatible with both Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox web browsers. But, there’s also a Safari version available today.
If you want a video downloader that keeps improving with time, this is the one for you. With websites updating their security, Video Download Helper has also kept up. It works with platforms like YouTube, Vimeo, and many others. You can easily choose various formats for the videos that you download.
More importantly, you can save these videos directly to your desired location. So, it is a video converted and downloaded, both.
Websites like YouTube don’t make it easy for you to download content. They manage to block off many extensions and downloading tools quickly. These lead to issues. So, if the above two options fail for you, you can always use this one.
Free Video Downloader also comes with various format supports. You can download the video in multiple formats. You can also download more than one video at a time. It is one of the most advanced extensions.
You can even pass through the extension blocking websites. With the high compatibility, you should consider using it if you want results.
FastestTube is one of the most well-versed YouTube video downloaders that you can get. If your primary source to download videos is from YouTube, it is worth the installation.
It works with almost every known browser. You can use any Chromium-based browser like Chrome, Edge, and others. It works with Safari, Opera (both old and new), and Mozilla. In short, you have quite a valuable tool on the list. It offers you an option to download videos in different qualities and formats.
Clashing with FastTube is the YouTube Video Downloader. Both are remarkable, but YouTube Video downloader also works with Linux. But, it doesn’t work with the macOS. As long as you use it on any other OS, you’re good to go.
YouTube Video Downloader is one of the easiest extensions to use. It allows you to download, convert, and edit the videos and audios from YouTube. So, even if you just need Audio files, you can get them. You can even take screenshots of videos and get them from here.
It is a complete download and edit tool for YouTube users.
6. Download On Android Platforms
We are covering how you can download a video from a website. This also applies to downloading on Android platforms. For instance, you probably have a smartphone. You might use it more than a PC. So, is there a way to download a video from a website on your Android?
Well. For starters, you need to realize that there is always an app available for Android users. How can that be? Android is an open-source OS. There are countless developers worldwide that create new features and apps for androids. This goes for your smartphones, Tablets, and SmartTVs. You can even find them for smartwatches. So, where does that bring you?
Don’t be reluctant to give the Google Play Store a try. See if you can find a downloader for Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and such. You can also save and visit download-related websites.
There are plenty of websites that don’t need installation or extension. You can just visit them to download content from them. You will find their list below. But, if you are looking for an app apart from Google Play Store, you can check out APKPure.
7. Telegram Is The Hub
Telegram has always been one of the best places to get a lot of things. People even associate it with the Dark Web for a lot of things. But, it is not a video downloader. So, why is it on the list?
Well, it’s simple. Telegram has a lot of people on it. There are people that provide downloaders, tools, and other videos.
Furthermore, there are channels that allow you to download videos. You can find a lot of content. If you’re looking for something like third-party streaming websites online, try Telegram. You won’t be disappointed.
8. Using The VLC Media Player
Yes, VLC Media Player has been one of the best tools for people to use. Almost everyone prefers using it instead of the Windows Media Player. No other tool has achieved such dominance over Microsoft’s player.
- First, you will have to download and install VLC Media Player on your PC.
- After that, launch it and go to the Media in the top menu bar. Find and select ‘Open Network Stream.’ You can also use the CTRL + N as a shortcut.
- You will have to grab the embed URL or direct URL from the YouTube video. Paste it here, and click on Play.
- See if this starts streaming the video. Next, go to the View option and find the Playlist. You can also press CTRL + L.
- Right-click on the video from the playlist. You will see the Save option. Go ahead and click on it to save it on your PC.
This command is usually followed by various other prompts. It will ask you the location to save and the format to save. Once done, you can click Start, and you will have the video. That’s all. You will have the video on your system conveniently.
9. Use The YouTube DL
If you are a Linux user, this will be a piece of cake for you. YouTube DL has been one of the best tools ever for you to download videos. Unfortunately, it is not the most convenient option for the less tech-oriented folks. What does that mean?
Well, YouTube DL is a program full of codes. You will have to use various command lines and codes to download a video from YouTube. In short, it doesn’t have any graphic user interface.
It doesn’t have the app’s appeal, extension, or anything else. You will just see a series of command lines on the screen. But that’s also its strength. How’s that?
YouTube DL is quite a robust tool that is available for free. It is also an Open Source platform. So, developers are continually working on making it better. It gets excellent updates. Even if YouTube and other sites release security updates, there will be a new update to keep this tool in the game.
So, if other tools and extensions stop working, you can always rely on this one. That’s what makes it such a valuable addition to the list. So, here’s how you use it:
- Visit the official Github website mentioned above. Make sure to download it and install it. There is a complete guide on GitHub for downloading, installing, and using it.
- You can use it with the built-in command prompt of your PC. There is also a GUI available here for YouTube DL.
- Once you have it, visit the official YouTube website. Find any video and copy the URL. After that, open the command prompt and type the line: youtube-DL and then paste the URL next to it. It should work.
- If it doesn’t, you can check out the Readme in the YouTube DL instructions.
10. Use The Online Tools
As mentioned earlier, there are ways for you to use online websites. These websites don’t need any downloads. You don’t get any extension, app, or tool that you have to install.
All you need to do is visit these websites and provide the URL to the video. But, it would depend on where the URL is from. Some of these websites will only offer you certain websites. So, let’s have a look:
Most of the article works for YouTube and other video platforms. But, we all know that Facebook also has a fair share of videos. So does Instagram. The Facebook Video downloader makes things easy for you. You can directly visit it and provide the URL to download the video.
To copy the video’s URL, you have to open it on your Facebook. You will find an option on the browser by right-clicking the video. If you want to copy the URL on Android, click on the Share button. Both of these options work just fine.
Y2Mate is another one of the easier tools for you. It is available online. You just have to visit it on your phone or PC browser. After that, provide the direct URL to the video. You will see all the quality options. Follow through, and you will download the videos.
It is a relatively straightforward and popular video downloading platform. But, there’s one more that can win this task.
Keepvid has always been the ace amongst all the video downloading tools online. It allows you to provide URLs and download videos from any platform. You can download videos from YouTube, Twitch, Vimeo, Facebook, Instagram, and so on. It keeps expanding the compatibility and ease of availability.
Yes. There are many quality options. You can also download the audio. Nowadays, there’s also a popular video and audio editing tool called KeepVid. This is perhaps the best tool that you can have.
11. Find A Third-Party Website
This step is not as easy as it might seem. But, it is a plausible solution. There are several third-party websites available online. These offer you an option to stream, among other things. You can go ahead and give these a try.
There is plenty of movies, videos, and content to download and use. You will even find many legal platforms for Documentaries and other things. For instance, an Archive is an excellent place for you to find many valuable things. There is always some alternative available online. That’s the beauty of this world.
If nothing works, you can try searching for the video on Google Drive. There are plenty of public Google Drive folders available to use. These have things like movies, TV shows, web content, among other things. So:
- Go to Google and type ‘Drive.’ Then follow it by the keyword for the video.
- For example – Drive TV Shows
- This will help you get all the results
Many third party-websites also come with built-in download options or various servers. So, you can give them a try.
12. Use A Screen Recorder
Sometimes, it is better not to rely on any tool, extension, or app. You can just go ahead and use a screen recorder option. The screen recorder isn’t the best option. For instance, it won’t work on streaming apps like Hulu, Amazon Prime, and Netflix.
But, it is still worth the use on other platforms like YouTube. If you want to record a specific clip, it can be helpful. A screen recorder is also suitable for creating videos. For instance, if you’re having a video conference or class and want to save the material.
13. Try A New Web Browser
If none of the options worked for you or feel viable for you, you can try another browser. There are many web browsers available today. For instance, you have the UC Browser and Opera Mini. Both come with brilliant features. UC even allows you to download videos and other content directly from the website. So, it is worth the use.
You can find many other web browsers like these. They make it easier for you to visit any website and download a video directly.
14. Use Some Developer Tools
Almost anyone can become a developer today. Chromium-based browsers, like Google Chrome, make it easy for you. The same applies to Microsoft Edge and Firebox. You just have to access a developer mode separately.
Even your Android devices come with a developer mode. These allow you to experiment with various features, add new, or even create you. If you use a developer mode, it can allow you to download videos. How?
- First, you should go ahead and download the CURL program. It is going to help make things easier for you.
- Now, go ahead and visit or load the video page on your web browser (preferably Chrome). Press the F12 key, and it will open the developer tools.
- From the options, click on the Network tab at the top. Next, find the ‘Clear’ button. You can also click on the ‘Stop’ button next to it, which will stop recording any network log.
- Now go ahead and play the video. It will show you start and type columns. Go to the Type column and you can easily see the video format.
- Copy it and right-click on it. If you have installed cURL, you will see an option ‘save to cURL (cmd).’
- Now, open the command prompt of your Windows PC. Go to Start Menu, search for it and launch it. Make sure to run it as Administrator (right-click and select that option).
- Press CTRL + V, and it will paste the entire command as you had copied previously.
- Find a ‘-H Range’ in the commands and delete it. Then go ahead add ‘–insecure’ at the end of the command line.
- After that, also add ‘-omyoutputfile.vidtype’ at the end. Go ahead and hit enter.
If you come across any error, just retry these steps. It will take some time for you to get used to the whole deal. But once you do, it will be pretty fun.
Conclusion – Download A Video From A Website Anytime
Now you have a complete and ultimate guide to find the best ways to download videos online. It isn’t going to be easy. But, make sure to take care of all the legalities. If you want to safeguard yourself more, use a VPN. Try to use VPN and other services to maintain anonymity.
Now you can download videos from a wide range of platforms. Try to stick to getting the direct URL and using the developer tools. They are the best options. Before using any third-party tool, make sure to research it thoroughly. With that being said, go ahead and enjoy downloading the videos.
We do not promote piracy of any form. Our aim here is to provide information to the readers. We hope you will use this information and the tools for ethical purposes. But, we do not take responsibility if you choose to misuse this information.
There are many third-party tools and resources on the list. So, it is up to your discretion if you want to use them. You have the freedom of choice. The guide is aimed to be informational and educational.
FAQs – Download Web Videos
Is It Legal To Download Videos From Websites?
It would depend on the website and its policies. But, you can’t download videos with copyright. You need the permission of the person who owns the copyright. Apart from that, if there’s no copyright issue, it is not piracy. So, you can download other videos conveniently.
Is It Safe To Use Video Sites Download?
Websites like YouTube, Vimeo, Twitch. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram are secure. It should be safe to download videos from these websites. But, if you want to download them from some other third-party websites, you will need to make sure. Always check the website’s authenticity before downloading anything from it. This goes for all kinds of websites, not just video-related ones.
What Is HTTP Video Download?
HTTP is HyperText Transfer Protocol. It is used for websites and has nothing to do with the Video Download. Of course, it is related to the URL. If you want to use a video URL, you can use it without these letters. An HTTP Video Download tool allows you to download videos directly through a URL.
Can You Copy Videos And Upload Them As Your Own On Web Services?
It would depend on the kind of video and the purpose behind it. Copyright infringement is a crime, so beware of that. Most users download and use various video clips and shots. It is a risky business. So, it is better to create your original videos and upload them.