Is your Disney Plus not working on Firestick? Rest assured, this page has a simple fix that can resolve your issues. Follow these steps and proceed to watch Disney Plus on your Firestick.
On-demand movie streaming platforms like Disney are a convenient tool for turning your television into a Smart TV.
The endless headache starts when you are in the mood to watch your favorite shows from Star Wars, Disney, and Marvel, but the screen says, “Something went wrong; please try again.” However, it takes just a little magic to fix it all.
Keep reading the article to know how to fix Disney Plus Not Working On Firestick.
Why is Disney Plus Not Working on FireStick?
Many problems keep Disney plus App from working smoothly on Fire Stick. The most common issues due to which Disney Plus does not work with FireStick are
- Bugs and Errors of the streaming servers
- Internet Connectivity Issues
- Fire Stick System Software Bugs
- Internal Hardware Defects of the FireStick
How to Fix Disney Plus Not Working on Your Firestick
Disney Plus streaming service can be fixed in relatively easy ways. Here are some common fixes that you must try to fix Disney Plus not working on the FireStick:
- Check Your Internet Connection
- Turn your Wifi device Off and On
- Re-Login To Your Disney Plus Account
- Clear The Cache On Your Fire Stick
- Update Disney Plus App
- Update Your Firestick
- Uninstall And Reinstall Disney Plus
- Check For Geo-restrictions
- Reset Your Firestick Via Settings
- Report The Problem To Disney Plus
- Check if Disney Plus Servers are down
Check Your Internet Connection
The first thing you should do is check your internet connection. Most of the time, due to network-related issues Disney Plus App fails to work on Fire TV.
You must have an active internet connection of a minimum of 5 Mbps bandwidth to enjoy the services seamlessly.
Several down detector applications and websites like Fast are available to check whether the internet speed meets the required speed. If your internet speed is slow, you can try restarting the modem. Contact your internet service provider if the problem persists after the speed test and modem restart.
Turn your Wifi device Off and On
Problems with the router increase the internet speed and weaken the connection. If your internet is not streaming Disney Plus content, Turn off the power button on the router. Wait for 30 seconds and turn it on. You can also do this by unplugging the device and plug again.
Re-Login To Your Disney Plus Account
If your internet connection is working well, the next thing you should do is log out and then log in to your Disney Plus account on Firestick. It works like closing and opening the application to fix the bugs.
Follow these steps for this fix.
- Go to Disney Plus app on the Fire TV.
- Click on Avatar and select Log out.
- Login back again by putting your credentials.
Clear The Cache On Your Fire Stick
Clearing the cache and app data can solve many problems, especially if you have the latest version of the app and it doesn’t work.
Cached data is the temporary data stored on your device that is readily available when the information is needed. According to Disney, the cached files get corrupted over time and cause streaming issues.
To apply this fix, follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings Page
- Tap on Applications
- Tap on Manage installed applications.
- Look for Disney Plus and tap on it.
- Click on clear cache.
- Click on clear data.
- Restart the application.
Clearing cache will delete all the files saved in the application. You may need to log in again after clearing data because the password and username stored in the app’s memory are lost, just like a data reset.
Update Disney Plus App
Paid applications release their updates every month. One reason that might prevent Disney Plus from working on Firestick is the outdated version of the applications.
If you haven’t checked for updates for the last two months, it’s time to look for new things that the update offers.
Updating the application will solve error 83 and allow you to stream again with new features.
To apply this fix, follow these simple steps:
- Go to the main screen, and select Disney Plus.
- Click on the Menu button of your Firestick remote.
- Select more info from the options you will get.
- Click on Update.
Update Your Firestick
Amazon releases updates for Firestick every month with the latest features. A manual update is not necessary because Firestick is automatically updated.
However, the device may have missed the latest update due to an internet connectivity fault.
To apply a manually updated Amazon Fire TV, follow these steps:
- Go to the Home Screen of Firestick.
- Click on settings and go to the Device menu.
- Click on Device. (On first generation Firestick, you will not find Device. Look for System instead. For 2nd Gen, Click on My Fire TV)
- Click on Check system update.
- If a new update is available, click on download.
- Click on install system update.
If you don’t install the updates, Amazon TV will install it automatically after 30 minutes.
Uninstall And Reinstall Disney Plus
If you have applied all the fixes and the problem persists, try uninstalling and reinstalling Disney Plus on your Firestick.
Almost 40% of the problems related to applications are solved after reinstalling the apps because it removes the bugs and resets the data. Therefore, the app might work better after reinstallation.
Follow these steps to install and reinstall Disney Plus on Firestick.
- Go to Settings
- Click on Applications and find Disney Plus.
- Click on Uninstall
- Restart the Firestick.
- Download Disney Plus again.
- Log in with your email and password.
Check For Geo-restrictions
Disney Plus is available in 60+ countries worldwide. To stream it on your TV, your country must be on the list.
The content difference also exists in all regions, so it is not always possible that you could enjoy your favorite movie where ever you want.
If your country is on the list, but still Disney Plus is not working, then choose a different show and check whether it plays or not.
Reset Your Firestick Via Settings
If you have tried all the fixes mentioned above, try resetting your Firestick to clear the cache and fix bugs.
Common problems like app crashing, sound disturbance, TV buffering, slowing down, and screen freezing can be caused due to cache.
There are two methods to reset your Firestick.
- To apply this method, follow these steps:
- Hold the Play and Center buttons of the Firestick remote for 15 seconds.
- The firestick will shut down.
- Select Reboot.
- Hold the center button for 3 seconds.
- Go to settings.
- Go to My Fire TV.
- Reset Factory defaults.
Report The Problem To Disney Plus
If your device is still not working, the last thing to do is to report the problem to Disney Plus to let the professionals handle it.
- Visit Dinsey Help center.
- Contact customer support through Chat, Call, or Social Media accounts.
- Provide the information such as account details, device type, the screenshot of the error, and details of the fixes you applied.
- The team will respond to you with the actual problem and solution.
Check if Disney Plus Servers are down
Disney Plus servers might get down, preventing it from working on Amazon Firestick. Therefore, you should ensure Disney Plus servers are not down if facing this issue.
Check if Disney plus is working on other devices like smartphones or laptops and see if it’s down there too or not. If you see the same message on the screen, there is a server problem.
Disney Plus offers nonstop entertainment, but problems with an internet connection, the Disney Plus app, and Firestick can create a hurdle.
You can easily fix these issues by first trying to restart the application. A weak internet connection may also be the culprit, so ensure an active, strong internet connection. In rare circumstances, hardware defects can also cause issues with the firestick.
We hope this article serves its purpose of solving your problem by providing possible fixes for Disney Plus not working on Firestick.