Without question, Discord is the most popular VoIP application. The bulk of users are gamers who use the app to communicate with other players while playing. Discord has since been ported to several different operating systems and platforms. The Screen Share function was recently added to the app, allowing users to share their screens with their peers.
This could include both the game and other apps such as Chrome. We received many reports from users alleging that the screen share utility’s audio capability was broken. We’ll go over all of the different causes and solutions for the Discord Screen Share No Audio problem in this article.
What Causes Discord Screen Share No Audio issue?
After troubleshooting and extensively examining situations in several cases, we concluded that several factors caused this issue. Because each computer configuration is different, they may not all apply to you:
The audio capability with the Screen Share mechanism is still in its early stages and is not stable enough. There are still specific difficulties to address, and we shall do so in the following part.
- Bad audio drivers: Discord relies on audio drivers installed on your system, like all other sound programs. If your audio drivers are defective or do not perform correctly, you will have trouble.
- Administrative Access: Because Discord now remotely shares your complete screen with other computers, administrative access to your machines may be required. Usually, granting elevated access resolves the problem.
- Issues with specific programs: Some applications don’t seem to work well with Discord. There isn’t much you can do in this situation but explore alternatives.
Before we get started with the solutions, make sure you have the necessary login credentials. If the program is reset, you may be requested to log in from the beginning. It is required to have administrative access. Also, make sure the sound option in the Application Window is turned on.
How to Share Audio on Discord Screen Share
A unique feature of the Discord app is the ability to share sound or play audio through it. Despite the lack of video sharing, people can use Discord to transmit sounds.
The Discord sharing system sound feature has given this program a whole new dimension. Good sharing in Discord is simple to set up. I’ve written a guide on how to set up Discord Screen Sharing on your PC, as well as how to enable Discord Screen Sharing on your mobile device.
How to Fix Discord Screen Share Audio Not Working Issue
The methods listed below can be used to remedy the above issues with Discord screen share audio. We’ve arranged them in the order in which you should try them, starting with the quickest and easiest and working your way up to the most difficult. We recommend that you test the audio at each step to check if the problem has been rectified and if it hasn’t, move on to the next.
- Solution 1: Grant Elevated Access
- Solution 2: Add your Activity
- Solution 3: Use Push to Talk
- Solution 4: Avoid Full Screen
- Solution 5: Check Affected Application
- Solution 6: Reinstall Audio Drivers
- Solution 7: Clear Discord Cache/Roaming Data
- Solution 8: Reinstalling/Updating Discord
- Solution 9: Check Computer Audio Settings
- Solution 10: Using another Browser
Solution 1: Grant Elevated Access
Discord functioned flawlessly before the introduction of the discord screen share audio feature. However, because this feature requires extra resources from your computer and privacy concerns, the application may not operate in normal mode in some instances. In this approach, we’ll go to Discord’s executable and give it administrative permissions.
- To open the File Explorer, click Windows + E. Navigate to a spot on your PC for Discord installation. Local Disk C program files are the default place of the installation.
- Only right-click the application executable and pick the Properties once you are in the installation directory.
- Go to the Properties window on the Compatibility tab and check the administrator next to Run this program.
- To save changes and exit, press Apply. To verify that the problem has been resolved, restart discord.
Solution 2: Add your Activity
Discord typically identifies what activity you’re doing and adjusts its behavior accordingly. However, there are some occasions where it’s not the case, such as when you’re sharing your screen between games and apps.
This situation grew so common that app makers added a function that allows you to choose whatever application or game you wish to focus on. That feature will be used to see if it resolves the problem.
- Go to the Settings area to open the Discord application.
- Go to the left navigation bar and click the entry of your game when you’re in the settings.
- You can go to Game Activity and add an app to audio that doesn’t work while the screen is sharing. You can easily concentrate on it once the program is installed, as you can see from the screenshot above.
- Try to make sure that during this process, Discord does not work as an administrator. Check to see whether any of your other Game Activity “games” are still running. Try removing it and then refilling it to see if it persists. If the game/application already is on the list.
Solution 3: Use Push to Talk
Discord offers the capability of automatically detecting and transmitting audio activity over the internet anytime it occurs. However, the ‘beta’ function of screen sharing with audio might cause several troubles and problems.
Stopping the automated detection of audio activity and switching to push to talk is another option. This method requires you to press a specific key to capture and send audio manually, so be aware of this disadvantage. Once Discord has stabilized, you can always undo the operation.
Solution 4: Avoid Full Screen
We discovered a unique fault in which the screen share utility would stop working while the user’s focus application/game was in full-screen mode. This caused a disagreement with Discord regarding permissions and access to the game, preventing the audio from correctly transmitting.
As a result, you should strive to keep the application/game small. Before you use this remedy, make sure you restart your computer. Inside the game, you can easily modify the settings and switch to Windowed mode, while in programs, you can easily adjust the sides.
Solution 5: Check Affected Application
We also encountered multiple instances where the affected program was either incompatible with Discord’s screen share with the audio or created a variety of glitches and concerns. Mozilla Firefox is one such example.
The fact that these applications utilize many processes is the sole reason why they don’t perform correctly. To summarise, the process that owns the graphical window is not the same as generating sound. Because Discord pulls the sound from the window that produces the graphics window, screen sharing with audio is impossible.
Solution 6: Reinstall Audio Drivers
Audio drivers are the essential components that connect your computer’s hardware to the operating system and the apps that run on it. The application was not transferring the audio properly using the screen share software in numerous circumstances due to faulty or outdated drivers. In this approach, we’ll go to the device manager and update the drivers there.
- Enter “devmgmt.msc” in the dialogue box by pressing Windows + R.
- Expand the category of Audio inputs and outputs in the device manager, then right-click.
- Uninstall the device by right-clicking on the sound hardware.
- Select Scan for hardware changes from the context menu by right-clicking anywhere on the screen. The computer will not look for any uninstalled hardware and will locate the sound module. The default drivers will be installed automatically.
- Restart your computer after the default drivers have been installed. Now utilize the Screen Share tool to see if the problem has been resolved. If it isn’t, make sure the drivers are up to current.
- Select Update Driver from the context menu when you right-click on the driver.
Solution 7: Clear Discord Cache/Roaming Data
Discord employs cache and roaming data in its processes to save user preferences and interim operations data. This is a common and necessary component that is used multiple times in a single call. A damaged Discord cache/temporary files may result in no audio during a Discord Screen Share.
- Exit Discord and close all of Discord’s open processes with Task Manager.
- In the Windows key, type Run. To open the Run command box, click Run in the resulting list.
- Type (or copy-paste) the following command into the Run box:
- percent appdata
- In the Roaming part of AppData, look for the Discord folder. By right-clicking on the context menu, select Delete.
- Restart your computer, and then open Discord to see if the issue has been repaired.
Solution 8: Reinstalling/Updating Discord
The screen sharing option with audio, as mentioned throughout the essay, is mostly a beta feature. The utility hasn’t been thoroughly tested by developers, and all conceivable cases haven’t been examined and addressed. Furthermore, Discord executives claim that this feature is presently only accessible in the Canary client, but that it will be released to a stable version soon.
- Enter “appwiz. cpl” in the dialogue box by pressing Windows + R.
- Once you’re in the application manager, look for the Discord entry. Uninstall it by right-clicking on it.
- Completely restart your computer now.
- Go now to the official website of Discord and download a convenient location for the current customer version.
Solution 9: Check Computer Audio Settings
If none of the previous ways work and you cannot transmit audio on any program or game utilizing screen sharing, your computer’s audio devices are most likely to blame. They may not have been correctly selected or configured.
Check to ensure if the correct recording input device is selected, and then check to see if Discord has proper access to the microphone in the Microphone settings.
- To open the Windows settings returned in the results, press Windows + S, input “Microphone privacy settings” in the dialogue box, and click OK.
- Make sure that the Allow apps to access your microphone option is enabled. Additionally, you’ll see a list of all applications that have access to your microphone down below. Check to see if the application you’re trying to execute has access enabled.
- Save your changes and then depart. Try relaunching Discord to see whether the problem has been repaired.
If you’re still having problems, try the steps below to make sure you’re using the right recording equipment.
- Right-click on the noises icon and select Sounds from the menu.
- Select the Recording tab now and choose the appropriate recording equipment. If you accidentally picked the wrong one, right-click on the proper one and select Enable and Set as Default Device.
- Save your changes and then depart. Launch Discord after restarting your computer. Check to see whether the problem has been resolved.
If you’re still having trouble sending sound, try using a browser version of Discord on Chrome or Opera. If you’re still having trouble, you can utilize any Audio Mixer applications with screen sharing as a workaround.
Solution 10: Using Another Browser
If none of the preceding solutions worked, you should try using a different browser, such as Opera. Because Discord supports Opera, this will undoubtedly share your audio. The Opera browser is continually being updated, and many users have reported that it works and transmits the sound of the application you’re trying to stream.
This has been our approach to resolving the Discord Screen Share no audio problem. We hope that one of the steps above helped you solve your problem.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I enable audio on screen sharing discord?
To share audio on a Discord screen share, turn off Screen Share first, enable sound mode from the application window, and then click the Share Now Button.
How to reset voice settings on discord?
Logging out of Discord
Running Discord as Administrator
Disabling Exclusive Mode in Windows
Why can’t I screen share on discord?
If you’re using an older version of Discord or if your Discord Screen Share is muted, you won’t be able to screen share.