If you’re a regular Discord user, you might wish to add a personalized Discord profile picture. This image will represent you on Discord and will appear next to any messages you send. Here’s how to make a change to the discord profile picture. Follow the methods to create and upload a custom profile picture.
The image you upload has no size restrictions. The image you’ll see as your avatar on Discord is limited to 128 128 pixels.
If you submit a larger image, you’ll have to crop or scale it to fit using Discord’s built-in image editor.
Any image must be stored in one of three formats: PNG, JPEG, or GIF. You won’t be able to upload and utilize the image if it isn’t.
How To Change Your Discord Profile Picture, Size, And Avatar?
You’re using the Discord desktop app, which is available for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
You can also use Discord directly from your web browser to change your profile picture.
These instructions will show you how to alter your Discord profile picture.
- Open the Discord desktop program or use your browser to access the Discord web app. Select the user settings (gear icon) in the bottom-left corner of your user area.
- From the menu on the left, choose “User Profile.”
- Change your Discord profile picture, click the “Change Avatar” button.
- Locate your image to upload using your operating system’s file selection menu.
- You’ll need to resize the image once it’s been posted to make it suitable. Reposition your photo with your mouse.
- Determine whatever part of the image you want to utilize by looking at the circular region. To zoom in or out of the picture, use the slider below it.
- Using the file selection option, upload the image. Resize and move your Discord avatar using the “Edit Images” tab.
- To save it, click “Apply.”
- After a few minutes, the picture will appear in the “Preview” of the “User Profile” menu.
- If you don’t like the image, click the “Remove Avatar” option and go through the steps again to upload a new image.
- Press the “Remove Avatar” option in the Discord settings menu to remove a Discord avatar.
- If you want your new Discord profile photo to be visible to other Discord users, you’ll need to save it.
- At the base of the menu, press the “Save Changes” button.
- Press the “Save Changes” key at the base of the menu to save any changes to your Discord profile photo.
How To Change Discord Profile Picture On Mobile App?
The procedure to change your profile picture on iOS and Android is the same.
You’re on an Android, iPhone, or iPad, and you’re using the Discord app. You can change a profile picture within the app.
- Go to your device’s Discord app and pick the menu icon in the bottom right corner.
- Select your profile symbol in the bottom right corner of the side menu.
- Select “user profile” under the “my profile” menu.
- To access your Discord account user settings, tap “My Account.”
- Tap the current avatar image in the top left to replace your Discord profile photo (next to your username).
- Select your profile at the top left corner of the “My Account” menu.
- Find and upload a good avatar image using your device’s file manager.
- You’ll be able to trim or resize the image once you’ve chosen it. To do so, press the “Crop” button.
- If not, tap “Upload” to save and upload the image in its current state.
- Tap “Crop” to crop or resize an image after it’s been uploaded, or “Upload” to upload it right away.
- If you want to edit the picture, go to the “Edit Photo” menu and resize and reposition it to your liking.
- The preview grid in the center may be used to reposition your image, and the slider below can be used to zoom in or out.
- To save the image, tap the “Save” icon in the top right corner.
- Make any necessary adjustments to your avatar image, then touch “Save” in the top right to save your changes.
- Once you’ve saved your new avatar image, you’re ready to go. You’ll have to either add it to your account or delete it.
- If you don’t like the image, go to the top left and press “Remove Icon.” To alter it, repeat these procedures.
- If you like the image, hit the bottom-right “Save” button (floppy disk icon) to save it to your account.
Change Discord Profile Picture Using Third-Party App
Create Discord Profile Picture in Kapwing
- To enter the Studio, go to Kapwing.com in your browser and click Start Editing. Use the Upload button to locate the image you wish to use or input a link to an image you located on the internet.
- You can change the image in any way you desire. It all depends on the expression you want to achieve with your profile photo.
- Change the size of your profile image to 128×128 pixels. The Output Size section can be found on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Select Custom Size to open a new window where you can customize the Width and Height. Fill in the number 128 in both boxes and click Done.
Export Discord Profile Picture
- Find and click the Export Image button in the top-right corner of the window.
Upload Discord Profile Picture to Discord
- Upload the profile picture as mentioned in the above section.
- Now, your Discord profile is exactly as you want it to be.
How do you see someone’s discord avatar?
It would be fantastic if you could tap/click on someone’s profile picture. Bring up a full-screen image of it. An X in the edge to close it while in their profile pop-up view.
Why can’t I save images on the Discord App?
Images provided to you in the Discord desktop app are not stored on your device automatically. You’ll want to tap the three dots next to the image you wish to save, then tap Save Content. In the pictures app, images are stored on your device’s Camera Roll.
What dimensions are Discord profile pictures?
The optimum discord profile picture size is at least 512 by 512 pixels for your Discord profile photo. It will be visible and will be much larger than the minimum of 180 x 180 pixels. For your Discord avatar, you don’t have to use your photo or likeness. You do not need to utilize a realistic image.
How do I find the big profile picture on Discord?
Simply copy a user’s Discord user-ID and paste it above “Discord user-ID” in the search bar. After that, hit enter or “enlarge!” to begin the search. We’ll try to find your user’s avatar and magnify it for you after starting the search.