Discord is special software that helps in connecting people across the world. This application initially developed for gamers to chat while playing games and connect through their servers. Servers are a collection of chat rooms and voice channels.
This is an American VoIP, texting, and advanced appropriation stage intended for making networks. Clients speak with voice calls, video calls, text informing, media, and documents in private talks or as a component of networks called “servers.” Servers are an assortment of tireless visit rooms and voice talk channels. Friction runs on Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Linux, and in internet browsers.
In this article, we will examine all fixes to the Discord keeps freezing issue. Since Discord keeps freezing issue, there are numerous reasons why Discord starts at the top and attempt all fixes examined in the rundown. The eight fixes tended to in the article include:
Run the Discord application as an administrator
Discord frequently continues freezing because of access limitations. Another application (with higher access advantages) may be meddling and making Discord freeze in the middle. The answer to this issue is running Discord as an administrator.
Below are the steps you need to follow to run this as an administrator.
- Go to the Discord icon on the desktop or search for the Discord application on windows 10
- Right-click on it and select on the run as an administrator.
Now, the Discord application will open and start running as an Administrator. If the problem behind Discord freezing in your personal computer is due to administrator rights, this will resolve the issue. Otherwise, try other methods that are given below.
Delete Key Bindings in Discord application
A significant purpose for the Discord keeps freezing issue is because of the key bindings. Gamers love key binds as they make the gaming experience life so a lot simpler. Impairing key binds can resolve the Discord keeps freezing issue. Binds also act as a shortcut to perform certain functions.
To disable key bindings on your computer:
- Open discord application and go to settings in the bottom left of the application beside your username.
- Click on the keybinds in the left panel.
- Navigate to the key bindings that you need to deactivate or delete.
- Delete all key bindings by performing the same procedure. Restart your personal computer and see if Discord is still freezing. If it does, then scroll down to read other remedies that might help to get rid of the freezing problem
Turn On the Compatibility Mode
In the event that Discord keeps freezing after you’ve erased keybinds, the issue might be identified with the compatibility mode. Running Discord in compatibility mode (Windows 7, 8, Vista) regularly settles the Discord freezing continues freezing blunder.
Follow the below-given steps to run Discord in compatibility mode.
- Go to desktop or wherever the discord icon is there.
- Right-click on the icon and click on the properties.
- If you cant, find the shortcut icon, just follow the below steps.
- Open the Run window by pressing the window + R key and type “shell:AppsFolder” in the dialog box.
- A window will open with all applications installed on your personal computer.
- Go to the Discord app icon, right-click on it, and select Create Shortcut.
- In the properties window, select on the Compatibility tab.
- Click on the compatibility troubleshooter or click on the “run this program in compatibility mode for” and select your operating system from the given list.
- Click Apply and then okay to save the changes.
Open the Discord app again, and if it still keeps freezing, move on to the next step in the list.
Switch to Discord Application or Website
Discord is accessible as an application and as a site. In the event that you’re confronting the Discord keeps freezing mistake in the application, at that point, changes to the site may help, and the other way around.
Prior to changes to the site, clear your program cache. To delete the cache files from the browser, press ctrl+h on your keyboard and then clear the history as well as cache.
Alternatively, open the settings in the chrome browser and search for cache in the search bar
And then clear the cache files from the list.
Delete Discord Cache
Discord utilizes stored documents to save client inclinations and other brief data. The reserve segment in an application is utilized multiple times in a solitary call.
On the off chance that your Discord reserve records are harmed or degenerate, they can make Discord keeps to freeze. You can resolve the Discord freezing blunder by erasing the Discord cache files.
Below are the steps to delete cache files from the discord.
- First, close the discord app.
- Then open the Run command window by pressing the window+R key.
- In the opened dialog box, search for %appdata%.
- In the opened window, search for the discord folder.
- You need to simply delete the entire folder by right-clicking on it and delete it.
After performing the above steps, all the corrupted and broken cache files of the discord app will be deleted. Now run the discord app and see if the issue of discord keeps freezing is resolved or not.
Disable Hardware Acceleration in Discord
Hardware acceleration makes reference to the process by which a computer application will dump certain computing tasks onto specialized hardware components within the system. This enables a possibility of greater efficiency than is possible in applications running for a general-purpose CPU alone.
To disable hardware acceleration in the discord app, follow the steps mentioned below.
- To disable hardware acceleration start with opening the discord app and then go to settings in the bottom left of the application, as shown in the figure below.
- Go to the Appearance tab in the left column.
- After clicking the appearance, scroll down to the bottom. Here you will find hardware acceleration. You just need to uncheck the check-box and save the changes.
- After switching off hardware acceleration, restart and run the discord application.
Though hardware acceleration helps smooth-running, it may sometimes create some problems due to low hardware configuration.
If all the above methods fail to serve the purpose, then the last resort is to reinstall the discord app.
Here how you can reinstall the discord.
- First, uninstall the discord from the personal computer.
- Go to the control panel – programs-uninstall program – search for discord and uninstall discord.
- Once discord is uninstalled, go to the discord application’s official website and download and install it again.
In the event that the Discord keeps freezing, error stays after you’ve given everything a shot the rundown. At that point, it very well might be a hardware issue. You should take a stab at refreshing your hardware, particularly if the games (you’re playing) need significant level equipment assets.