Discord is primarily a web-based chat program. Discord falls into the same category as other chat systems like Slack, which many users are familiar with due to its widespread use in business.
Discord, however, swiftly gained popularity among gamers after its initial 2015 release by Jason Citron and Stanislav Vishnevskiy.
The co-founders wanted to create a more effective communication tool and were employed in the video game industry.
Users can participate in audio and video conversations, send text-based private messages, and join communities on Discord, which the platform refers to as “servers.”
Discord has become more and more well-known over time, changing from being a tool for gamers to a complete service for anyone wishing to talk or join online communities.
Users can even launch their servers, sometimes called communities, and invite other users to join. Sometimes people face a few problems like ‘discord installation failed windows 10.’
Discord installation (Download) failed?
Discord may stop functioning without apparent reason, while damaged files cause most issues. Internal Discord packages may be affected by a Windows 10 upgrade or a new program you’ve installed on your computer.
Users typically choose to reinstall Discord when it becomes unusable. You’ll probably notice that the Discord installation has failed if you try to do that.
If you had trouble installing Discord, it was probably because other programs were still operating in the background. You must stop all needless processes if that is the cause of this issue.
Additionally, make sure you haven’t already installed an outdated version of this application. You might be unable to complete a clean installation if there are remnants of the former Discord design.
Your operating system’s Windows privileges are also significant. Consequently, you must make sure that you’re employing the appropriate ones.
There could be many ways to fix the installation process. Some of the ways are described below.
Before doing anything, check once if you are installing the latest version of the app, as sometimes it may cause problems if you install the old versions.
Solutions to Fix the Discord Installation Failed In Windows
- Reinstall the Discord app
- Installing Microsoft .NET Framework
- Disable Antivirus
- Run System File Checker And DISM Tools
- Install Discord in Safe Mode
A few effective solutions to help you sort out any issues with the Discord installation are listed below.
1. Reinstall the Discord app
Reinstalling Discord should resolve any issues you are having with downloading, crashes, or errors, stating that your installation of Discord is corrupt.
However, you risk seeing messages like “Installation has Failed” if you don’t entirely delete the Discord profile before attempting to reinstall it.
Close all open Discord folder tabs. Make sure all of Discord’s windows are closed before beginning the process if you haven’t already deleted it.
To close any open Discord windows, click the X in their upper-right corner if you have Discord open in a web browser tab, close that as well.
Even after you’ve closed the program, Discord frequently leaves processes running. An error will appear if you attempt to uninstall or reinstall Discord while any of its processes are active.
To verify that nothing is running.
- To access the Task Manager icon from the taskbar, use the keyboard shortcuts Control + Alt + Delete.
- Click the “More Details” option if you see it.
- Examine the Apps section under the Processes tab. If Discord is currently active, click it once to select it, then click End Task.
- Look for Discord processes by scrolling down to the “Background processes” column. One or more may exist.
- Anywhere you see Discord in this list, select it, then click End Task. Repeat this for each Discord process.
Now that you’ve made sure Discord isn’t running, you should be able to install the program itself easily. If an error occurs when uninstalling:
Click the Startup tab after reopening the Task Manager. Click the Disable button in the bottom right corner after choosing Discord admin from the list of apps.
Once Discord isn’t configured to launch automatically anymore, restart your computer and attempt uninstalling it again. This time, it should go smoothly.
- Delete the “Discord” folder and Restart your computer. At the same time, this may seem like an extra step; restarting your PC ensures that you didn’t leave anything behind that can interfere with reinstalling Discord.
- Download the most recent Windows Discord installation. To begin the download, go to https://discord.com/download and select Download for Windows.
2. Installing Microsoft .NET Framework
The following issue will appear if you attempt to run the.NET 3.5 installations downloaded from the Microsoft website on Windows 7: To install or set up Microsoft.NET Framework 3.5 SP1, utilize the Control Panel’s “Turn Windows features on or off” option. Instead of running the installer.
- Click Start -> Control Panel
- Click Programs
- Click Turn Windows features on or off
- Click the checkbox next to Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.1
- You will see the checkbox become filled
- Click OK
- Wait for Windows to complete the operation. Click Yes if it asks you to connect to Windows Update to download the required files.
3. Disable Antivirus
Follow these steps to temporarily turn off real-time Microsoft Defender antivirus protection in Windows Security.
- Select Start and type “Windows Security” to search for that app.
- Select the Windows Security app from the search results, go to Virus & threat protection, and select Manage settings under Virus & threat protection settings.
- Switch Real-time protection to Off. Note that scheduled scans will continue to run. However, downloaded or installed files will not be scanned until the next scheduled scan.
4. Run System File Checker And DISM Tools
Running the System File Checker tool in the following steps:-
- Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, do the following as appropriate:
- If you are running Windows 10, Windows 8.1, or Windows 8, first run the inbox Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool before running the System File Checker.
Type the following command, and then press Enter key. It may take several minutes for the command operation to be completed.
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
DISM scan uses Windows Update to give the files necessary to fix corrupted system files when you perform this command.
Suppose your Windows Update client is already damaged. In that case, you can use a currently operating Windows installation as the repair source or a Windows side-by-side folder from a network share or a portable media, like the Windows DVD, as the source of the abundant local data.
To do this, run the following command instead:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /restorehealth /Source:C:\RepairSource\Windows /LimitAccess
- Put the location of your repair source instead of the placeholder C: RepairSourceWindows. Repair a Windows Image for further details on how to fix Windows using the DISM tool.
- Enter the following command at the command prompt after you have typed it:
- “SFC /scan now”
- The SFC command /scannow command will scan all protected system files and replace corrupted files with a cached copy located in a compressed folder at %WinDir%\System32\dllcache.
- The %WinDir% placeholder represents the Windows operating system folder. For example, C:\Windows.
5. Install Discord in Safe Mode
Other third-party programs and background activities, in addition to the antivirus software program on your computer, can obstruct the Windows installation of Discord. You can try installing Discord in Windows Safe Mode to prevent this. How? Read on.
- To access Windows Search, press the Windows key + S. Type System Configuration into the search box and hit Enter.
- Go to the Boot tab in the System Configuration window. Select Safe boot from the Boot choices list, then click OK.
- When prompted, choose Restart to start in Safe Mode.
- Once you’re in Safe Mode, use the first approach to delete any existing Discord app data before reinstalling the software.
Any third-party app or application may experience these installation issues. When you remove any old app data, the error will typically disappear.
If not, try the other fixes on this list to resolve the “Discord installation has failed error” problem.
Errors of this kind during installation are possible for any third-party software or application.
Once you have deleted any prior app data, the problem should, in the vast majority of instances, be fixed.
If that isn’t the case, you may try the other ways on this list to get rid of the “Discord installation has failed issue.” After installation, it may be beneficial for you to understand what each icon and symbol on Discord represents.
Are you having issues with the installer failing and shooting out various errors causing the app to install?
Though not intentional, there may be various issues that can cause the installation process to fail. Here are some general troubleshooting techniques to help lock and load you.
– Close Discord in the system tray and ensure all Discord processes are terminated. (Sometimes stray processes can hide in your system tray or your task manager- double check those!)
– Delete the 2 following folders:
What Is A Corrupt Installation?
If you clicked the “Well, it looks like your Discord installation is corrupt.” banner, reinstall Discord using the following steps to get all caught up:
– Close Discord in the system tray and ensure all Discord processes are terminated. (Sometimes stray processes can hide in your system tray or your task manager- double-check those!)
– Delete the 2 following folders:
What Are The Installing And Updating Errors In Mac?
If you’re having issues updating or installing Discord on your shiny Macintosh machine, we can help! Though not intentional, various issues can cause the install or update process to fail. You’ll see this as a constant update or an unexplained install error!
In cases like these, completely reinstalling Discord will often improve our updater’s performance and clear any issues.
Follow these steps:
Close Discord by using ⌘+Q or selecting the Quit option from the menubar, then make sure all Discord processes are terminated from within your Mac’s Activity Monitor. (You can quickly launch the Activity Monitor using Spotlight or Siri on your Mac!)
What Is The Discord Installation Guide?
Follow this link to get the full guide on discord installation guide:- https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034561191-Desktop-Installation-Guide.