Are you wondering how to disable or enable Autoplay in Apple Music from the Now Playing screen? Read on as we discuss the best ways to do so.
Apple Music is one of the popular music-streaming iOS apps with a rich Apple Music library or album.
Similar to other such platforms, it has a built-in feature that makes similar music tracks play for its users in the backend automatically, as it comes with the default iPhone settings.
Though quite comforting, this feature can lead you to trouble. For example, when you don’t have feelings about listening to music, this feature plays a negative role.
Thus, this article will guide you on how to disable this feature, and you can even re-enable it in the future if you want to.
Also, you will come to know about different other options like timers that can be used in a flexible way as per the need of the user.
Different devices need guidance for this Apple Music play feature that must be taken care of.
How To Disable or Enable Autoplay in Apple Music
It is a default setting in the iOS Music app to play the song by itself even if the command is not given, and this can be problematic sometimes. Different ways to turn off or disable autoplay in Apple Music on different devices are as follows:
1. On iPhone & iPadOS
The steps to change this default setting on iPhone and iPadOS are as follows:
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, open the Music app and log in with your Apple ID account.
- Along the bottom of the screen, tap the mini-player showing the current song playing, and if not, play one from any album or search bar.
- In the bottom-right corner, tap the Up Next icon on the screen.
- Check whether the Autoplay is activated in the lower half of the screen, and you will see a highlighted Autoplay icon (infinity loop) to the right of the song playing. Disable it by tapping the Autoplay icon.
- The Autoplay playlist will disappear, and automatically playing music will be stopped by Apple Music.
- By tapping the Up Next icon, return to the app’s front screen, and minimize the player by swiping down.
2. On macOS
The iOS mobile app feature of Apple Music is similar to the macOS desktop version. The steps to be followed are:
- Click on the standard logo of three horizontal lines and three dots present at the top-right of the screen.
- Open the Playing Next list.
- If it is too Clear to turn off Auto-Play, tap the two squashed circles icon.
3. In Car
To stop Apple Music from automatically playing in the car, you must close the CarPlay feature first. Doing this will make Apple Music play music for you but will not launch it in the car.
This can be done as follows:
- Go to Settings.
- Open Screen Time.
- Tap on Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- Choose Allowed Apps.
- Turn off CarPlay.
How To Stop Apple Music From Playing Automatically With Timer?
The timer to stop Apple Music is also a remedy for playing music automatically. This feature of the iPhone enables you to select music from playing every period by yourself.
This is done by:
- Go to the Clock app. At the bottom of the Clock app, tap the Timer button.
- To pick the interval time, use the time picker.
- Press the Timer button. Choose the Stop Playing option.
- Tap Set and then Start to start the timer.
How To Enable Autoplay In Apple Music?
In case you feel like having this helpful feature, you can turn it on. Follow the below-mentioned points:
- Reopen the Now Playing card in the Apple Music app.
- Play the Next icon in the lower right corner.
- In the upper right corner next to “Playing Next,” in the Up Next menu, tap the little infinite loop icon.
The autoplay feature will be enabled on your Apple Music.
For iPhone and iPad users, activating and deactivating the autoplay function in Apple Music is similar, and the steps mentioned work for both devices.
Tips To Stop Apple Music From Playing Automatically
This Apple Music feature mainly starts automatically while the device is connected to a car system, a speaker, or a pair of headphones or earphones. You can prevent it by using the following tips:
- Put Your AirPods/AirPods Pro In Their Case
Apple AirPods can be detected when placed in the hands or in having them in a dark pocket. Thus, they should be kept in the proper case to prevent connection.
- Watch Your Earphones
Some earphones have a feature to control music on an iPhone like Apple AirPods. Thus, they should be managed accordingly.
- Disable Bluetooth On Your iPhone
Turning off your iPhone or iPad’s Bluetooth is the best way to disconnect and prevent playing automatically every time you get into your car. The car’s Bluetooth could also be turned off if it is not needed.
- Is it Apple Music or Spotify?
Sometimes, it is Spotify playing in the backend, as many smart cars and speakers (such as HomePod) have built-in Spotify features. You can see it through the display of your device.
- Disable Handoff
This feature allows the media to playback on the devices if detected automatically. Disabling this feature can solve the problem. This can be done as; open settings > General > AirPlay & Handoff.
This article gives information about the Apple Music feature on iOS devices. It talks about how to disable or enable Autoplay in Apple Music as it came enabled by default from the backend in the devices.
Thus, you can use various tips and tricks to disable this feature, as it can be problematic sometimes.
Also, this feature can be re-enabled if you find it useful in the future, or you can use a timer to play the music from Apple Music.