The dominant reason behind getting the error DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error is the corrupted or damaged drivers. It is not the only reason behind it. The other reasons can be incompatible requirements, corrupted files, and outdated DirectX versions. Today we will be discussing all the reasons step-by-step and all possible fixes to this issue in the article.
What Causes For Call Of Duty Warzone Directx Unrecoverable Error?
There is no one reason for getting a DirectX error message. There could be many. We cannot define that this is the only reason behind getting the error.
The reason behind it could be system bugs, missing drivers, outdated or damaged drivers, corrupted game files, connectivity problems, or can be incompatibility issues like having a different DirectX version than that is required in your game.
How To Fix “Directx Encountered An Unrecoverable Error” in Windows 10:
To fix the issue DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error, you can try doing the following:
- Install The Latest Patch
- Verify The Game Directx System Requirement
- Reinstall The Graphics Card Driver
- Update Graphic Card Driver
- Update Windows To The Latest Build
- Configure The Display Scaling Settings
- Change Advanced Graphics Options
- Reinstall The Game
- Edit The Registry
- Using Directx Control Panel
- Disable Hardware Monitoring Software
- Delete Games Or Application Cache Files
Fix 01: Install The Latest Patch
From time to time, the developers keep making changes to the game to fix spare bugs and increase the overall user experience, and it is required for the gamer to update all the latest patches with time. Otherwise, it may cause conflicts afterward. So, to fix the issue, try installing the latest updates from the official sites of the game.
Fix 02: Verify The Game Directx System Requirement
It is crucial to check the game DirectX system requirements as it could be a dominant cause in getting the unknown error on your windows system.
To achieve this, follow the below steps:
- Firstly you need to visit the game developer website.
- On that website, you can locate the system DirectX requirements. Mostly it must be on the bottom of the page or in a separate System requirement hyperlink.
- Now, open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. By searching dxdiag in the Run application.
- Match the DirectX requirement with your system. And if your system DirectX requirement is equal to or above the required parameter. Then proceed with the next step.
And if it is not, you try upgrading to the latest operating system to get the newest DirectX version.
Fix 03: Reinstall The Graphics Card Driver
If you are facing this issue, then you must try reinstalling the graphics card driver.
For reinstalling the graphics card, follow the below steps:
- Open Run Application on your system by searching it over the taskbar or manually using the shortcut keys Windows + R to open it.
- Now, enter dxdiag in the input window and hit enter to open DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
- Save the graphics card and manufacturer details displayed on your screen, or note it down in your writing pad.
- Also, note down the operating system version mentioned in the System tab under the System Information in the Tool.
- Next, open the video card manufacturer website and click on the Download drivers or search it for you from the search bar.
- Select the latest version of the video card driver according to the OS version of your system.
- Now, open the Device Manager. You can also use the shortcut Windows + X to open it.
- Locate Display adapters in the device manager and expand it to view more options.
- Select the graphics device driver that you need to reinstall and right-click on it.
- Click on Uninstall. And also, check the dialog box displaying Delete all the driver software for this device and confirm the uninstallation.
- Restart your system, and if any pop-up asking to detect the graphics card driver appears, click Cancel.
Now reinstall the downloaded graphics card driver from the downloads.
Fix 04: Update Graphic Card Driver Automatically
Updating the graphics drivers could help you in case. But when we try manually updating or downloading drivers, it brings an unusual risk. Like we may download some faulty driver that could cause severe damage to the system.
So, all in all, to avoid such issues. What we can do is take some help from the third-party software available for our ease.
For updating the graphic card drivers on our system, we will be using DriverFix. DriverFix is an excellent tool to help you easily download and update the drivers according to the system requirements.
So, to proceed with the below steps, you first need to download DriverFix. Once you download it, you may proceed with the following steps:
- Launch the application, and it will start searching for the driver updates. Now, click on update all or update in front of the graphics card driver from the list.
- Now select Automatically download the driver and click continue to proceed.
As updating the drivers completes. Check if the problem is gone.
Fix 05: Update Windows To The Latest Build
If nothing has helped you so far, then do try updating your system to the latest one.
For updating your windows, follow the instructions below:
- Open Windows settings on your system and click on Windows Update, which must be present on the top right corner of the settings window.
- Now, on the next window, you will see a button saying check for updates. Click on it.
- As you click on the check for updates button, it will start looking for the latest updates. If you find any updates, download them at an instance.
And recheck if this resolved the problem with DirectX or not.
Fix 06: Configure The Display Scaling Settings
If you are still facing problems, then you may try adjusting the DPI settings in your Windows.
To achieve this:
- Right-click on your desktop screen and select the display settings.
- Now in the settings, click on Advanced scaling settings.
- Customize the scaling percentage to 100 and apply the changes.
Note: – If you own Windows 8, then scroll the DPI scale to configure it.
Fix 07: Change Advanced Graphics Options
Configuring the Advanced graphics has helped many to solve the DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error. And maybe it could help you as well. So, for achieving the same, follow the mentioned steps:
Configuring the graphics card settings:
- Firstly, you will need to go to the control panel of the graphics card.
- Now from there, try reducing the graphics settings to their minimum.
Configuring the In-game graphics settings:
- Most probably, it must be in the options. And then, you can locate the graphics settings and lower all to a minimum accordingly.
Fix 08: Reinstall The Game
Another method that you can try is to reinstall the game again. Reinstalling the game could help you fix 75% of the issues. For the installation, visit the game developer website and reinstall the whole game once again. And see if this repairs the issue DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error.
Fix 09: Edit The Registry
Another option you can try to fix the issue is to edit the registry file.
To edit the registry file, follow the mentioned instructions:
- Firstly, open the Run application by using the Windows + R commands.
- Now in the input window, enter regedit and hit enter.
- It will open the Registry Editor on your system.
- Now navigate to the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT folder given under Computer.
- Now in this folder, locate PROTOCOLS and expand it.
- You will get to see another folder named Filter under it. Expand it too.
- And finally, open the text/xml folder.
Together this will be: ComputerHKEY_CLASSES_ROOTPROTOCOLSFiltertext/xml
- Now click on the File tab at the top and click export.
- Enter a new file name, and save the copy of the selected branch.
- Now come back to the text/xml folder and right-click on it, and select delete.
- Press Yes to confirm the deletion and close the Registry editor.
Fix 10: Using DirectX Control Panel
Another thing you could try executing is configuring the DirectX control panel settings for the games. Although, you fulfill all the requirements and have the correct version of DirectX. It is equally crucial to configure the settings for playing the games without any errors.
For this, you will need to first download the control panel setup for DirectX. You can download it according to which operating system version your system supports from the following:
Once you download the DirectX control panel. You can proceed with the following instructions:
- Set up the DirectX control panel and launch it.
- Now in the DirectX properties, click Edit list.
- Click Add and navigate to your game.
- Select and add your game to the list.
- Go back to the DirectX properties and select the device settings.
- Set the device settings to the highest level limit and save all the changes.
- Restart your computer and launch the game.
Now check if the problem is gone.
Fix 11: Disable Hardware Monitoring Software
In case disabling the hardware monitoring software could help you fix the error. This hardware monitoring software comes with an automated temperature controller and power consumption fixes which can stop the functioning of the game you are trying to play at the instance.
To make sure it is not blocked. Try disabling this hardware monitoring device and then trying relaunching the game. And see if the DirectX error is gone.
Fix 12: Delete Games Or Application Cache Files
At last, to fix the issue DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error. What you can do is try deleting all the cache files of the game. Deleting the cache files will free up the unnecessary files reducing the excess load over the game or the application.
For clearing cache files, you will need to obey the following instructions:
- Close your game and go to the folder where you have installed your game or application file.
- Now, locate the cache or temp folder inside the folder and select all the cache files.
- Delete all the cache files.
- Now relaunch the game and see if now the problem is gone.
How do I fix DirectX when encountering an unrecoverable error?
You can first check if your system fulfills all the requirements. If it does then, try reconfiguring the preferences from the DirectX control panel and updating the drivers.
How do I fix DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error warzone?
Here if you are encountering this error with a single game only. Then do check all the graphics settings in-game. And try configuring it to a bit lower point. And see if this fixes your issue.
How do I fix DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error in 2021?
Check if your DirectX version is updated. If it is not, update it by simply upgrading your Windows system to the latest version. It will automatically upgrade to the latest DirectX.
How do I start warzone in DirectX 11?
Possible fixes that you can try are first restarting the launcher and then try running it into the DirectX 11 mode, reinstall the graphics drivers, delete all the cache files, and try rebooting your device. Check if any of these works for you.