Ever since its creation, the iPhone calendar app has been a mainstay of the device. The device’s mobile calendar has made managing your everyday life much easier, as the pre-installed software notifies you of events, birthdays, and holidays that you may otherwise overlook.
By allowing you to create and organize events on your iPhone and iPad, the Calendar app is a terrific way to keep on track. You can select exact times and dates for events, as well as add notes, and alarms, and invite people to those events.
But what about erasing such occasions? Here’s how to delete calendar events on iPhone and iPad.
How to Delete Calendar Events on iPhone or iPad in iOS?
So now we are going to discuss how to delete calendar spam events on iPhone or iPad.
1. How to remove events from iPhone’s Calendar?
- Open the Calendar app.
- Locate the event you wish to remove and delete it. To locate the event, you can use any of the views.
- To view the event, tap on it. Tap the Delete Event option at the bottom of the screen.
This will erase the event and delete it from your calendar altogether. If you set the period to busy, it will revert to available after the event has been removed.
2. How to Delete Repeating Events
- If the event is repeating, a pop-up box will appear asking if you want to remove the entire series or just one instance. If you want to eliminate all future events, tap Delete All Future Events.
- If you simply want to delete this iteration of the event and want the next one to show up in your calendar, select Delete This Event Only.
- You’ll see a different set of alternatives if someone has shared an event with you or Siri has picked it up from another app. Accept, Maybe, or Decline will appear at the bottom of the screen instead of Delete Event.
- You’ll most likely have the event set to Accept at this point. Simply tap Declined if you wish to remove the event. Although the activity will no longer appear on your calendar, you will still be able to acquire it in your Inbox if you change your opinion.
4. How to Delete an Entire Calendar
You can erase an entire calendar if you like. This might be an old calendar, one of the preset holiday calendars, or even a spam calendar.
- Click on Calendars in the center of the bottom bar to remove a whole calendar. Once you’ve clicked on the calendar’s name, it will be deselected. This means it won’t appear in the app anymore, but you’ll still be able to access it by re-selecting the calendar.
- You’ll have to go into the Settings app if you want to get rid of the calendar for good. In Settings, go to Calendar, and then press Accounts.
- Go to the account for the calendar you want to delete and delete it. Then turn off the Calendars option.
The erased calendar will no longer appear in the app after this. Remember that if you delete a calendar, you may re-enable it for the app at a later time.
With the assistance of iCloud, any events you add or remove will be synchronized across all of your other Apple devices. As a result, as long as you’re using the same Apple ID on all of your devices, you’ll be able to keep track of your schedule whether you’re on your iPhone or iPad or switching to your MacBook for work.
Users may create numerous calendars in the Calendar app to keep their personal and work activities distinct. Moving and duplicating calendar events is also possible using the app.
The built-in Calendar app on iOS and iPadOS devices is taken for granted by the majority of users, and it’s simple to understand why once you start using it as a day planner and schedule manager.
5. How to delete subscribed calendar events on iPhone
If you want to unsubscribe from any of your calendar subscriptions, follow the procedures outlined below. It’s as simple as eliminating an event from your calendar.
- Go to the Calendar section of the Settings menu.
- You’ll find the option Subscribed Calendars under Accounts. Tap on it.
- Select the calendar and scroll down to the Delete Account option. Following that, you must confirm your action.
That’s all there is to it when it comes to removing subscription calendars from your iPhone or iPad.
6. How to delete events from outlook or Gmail calendar on iPhone
When you sync your Microsoft Outlook or Gmail calendar with your Apple iPhone’s calendar software, all appointments, including those for which you’ve accepted invites in Outlook and Gmail, are instantly added to both calendars.
If you don’t want to be reminded about these appointments on your iPhone’s calendar, use the “Delete Event” feature to delete them from the device’s calendar application.
- On the iPhone’s home screen, tap the Calendar app icon.
- To get to the month of the appointment you wish to erase, tap the arrow buttons on the calendar’s month bar. Each day of the month is represented by a grid on the calendar. A dot appears beneath the date on each day with an appointment.
- To display the appointment item in the lower half of the screen, tap the date in the calendar grid.
- To delete an appointment, scroll to the time you want to remove it, then press the appointment to open it.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, tap the Edit button.
- Tap the red Delete Event bar at the bottom of the entry after scrolling to the bottom. To confirm your choice and delete the event, tap Delete Event in the pop-up box.
Learning how to remove calendar events on your iPhone and iPad is an important element of time management. You can better keep track of your events now that you know how to do it.