Storing data has become easier these days because of new emerging technologies. Cloud Computing has become one of the most-used services across the globe today. It enables us to store our data, and we can retrieve it from any location and anytime. Previously, hard drives were extensive to store data and any other useful documents, files, etc. However, the hard drives available today are portable and can hold high amounts of data.
But, carrying a hard drive anywhere is not feasible. Through cloud computing services, you can access your data from anywhere. Today, several companies offer cloud computing services for storing data, databases, servers, etc. through the internet.
What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud Computing is a simple concept of delivering services, like storing data, databases, servers, software tools, etc. to the people through the internet. In previous days, people would use hard drives extensively to keep their files or any data. But, cloud computing has made all these services handy. Users can access their data stored in the virtual space or cloud or on the remote desktop using internet access.
There is no need to install any physical server or data centers to store the data. Cloud computing service offers a provision of keeping their data safe in the cloud. This technology is very beneficial for businesses as it saves costs, and enhances business productivity, speed of work, and security. People feel very manageable in using cloud computing as they can access their data with ease.
Cloud Computing Services
In daily life, people use cloud computing services like emails, storing data on the drive, backup of data, watching videos through the internet, listening to online audios, and many others. In every aspect of life, cloud computing services are used to a greater extent.
These services of cloud computing are categorized into public, private, and hybrid services. Public services are offered to all people through the internet, whereas private services are offered only to limited people. Hybrid services combine both public and private services.
Cloud Computing Service Models
The Cloud Computing Service Model is categorized into three distinct types:
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
Let us discuss each of these models in detail.
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS):
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) implies hosting the infrastructure on the cloud. In other words, it means providing servers, operating systems, networks, etc. to the private as well as public cloud. Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) prevents the need for data centers and other physical servers. The IaaS cloud computing model helps many businesses to carry out their activities efficiently. People can use the resources as a service. All administrative tasks of the company are automated with ease.
Platform as a service (PaaS):
In the Platform as a service (PaaS) model, people can access any software and hardware tools from the internet. This model offers a reliable platform for developers to manage and run any software device. Programmers can use the Platform as a Service model to develop any application. It supports integration with databases and web services. As this model offers a platform for programmers, it supports multiple advanced frameworks and programming languages.
Software as a Service (SaaS):
Software as a Service (SaaS) model allows users to access the software developed by the programmers based on the subscription. Using a reliable and robust internet connection and web browser, users can download the software based on a pay-as-per-use basis. It means users need to pay for the particular software according to its use. This model is also referred to as ‘on-demand software.’
Difference Between IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS:
We have seen what IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS mean. Now, we shall see what the difference between each of these cloud computing service models is. Below table shows the difference between the three cloud computing service models:
|Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)||Platform as a Service (PaaS)||Software as a Service (SaaS)|
|The IaaS service model offers servers, databases, and networks to the users for data storage. There is nor need for data centers.||The PaaS service model offers a reliable and robust platform for software developers and programmers to develop applications.||SaaS service model provides various software applications to users. Users can download them from the web browsers using the internet. The network architectures are responsible for providing servers and databases for data storage. The PaaS service model is specially developed for software developers to build, test, and install the software. SaaS model is specially meant for users to download or use software tools. It only offers the infrastructure for storage. It provides infrastructure as well as the platform for developing applications. It offers infrastructure, platform, as well as software tools. Ex.: Amazon Web Service (AWB), Microsoft Azure.||Ex.: Apprenda, Red Hat OpenShift.||Ex.: Google Applications, Salesforce.|
Advantages of Cloud Computing Services
Many businesses and IT companies use cloud computing services, as they are very beneficial and advantageous. Let us know how businesses and companies are benefited from cloud computing services.
- Cloud Computing services reduce an adequate amount of cost required for purchasing the data storage systems. The physical systems require extra costs for upgrades and maintenance. But, cloud computing services include them all at the time of purchase in the subscription plan.
- Flexibility is the most significant advantage offered by cloud computing services. Any business activity can be scaled up or down as per the requirements.
- One of the best advantages of cloud computing services is effective collaboration. Organizations and their members can collaborate quickly with the outside world through cloud computing services.
- The security of enterprises’ data is one of the crucial aspects. Cloud computing services keep information, files, and data of organizations safely and securely.
Top Cloud Computing Companies
You might have understood the exact difference between all three cloud computing service models and how cloud computing is beneficial for businesses. Several companies offer different types of services and use any of the three cloud computing service models. The following section of the article will make you aware of top cloud computing companies and their services.
One of the leading and high-rated companies that offer the best cloud computing services is Microsoft Azure. It is a very well-known and notable company throughout the world. Microsoft Azure provides 12 advanced and AI-powered services freely for the first twelve months. It offers a broad range of services and products.
- Services of Microsoft Azure include application development, AI, cloud migration, data and analytics, hybrid cloud and infrastructure, security, industry solutions, etc.
- It offers 25 services that are free to use.
- Microsoft Azure can test and deploy applications using Azure Virtual Machines.
- One of the best services of Microsoft Azure is the Azure Cosmos DB. It provides a distributed and reliable database service to its users.
- Azure Backup service is commonly used in many organizations for protecting enterprise data from threats and ransomware.
- The service that enables developers to deliver the product quickly is Azure DevOps. It uses agile tools for planning, designing, and developing any product.
Another majorly used cloud computing service worldwide is the Google Cloud Platform. It provides an extensive set of services in various business domains. Google offers all services like big data, machine learning, networking, storage, security, identity, management, databases, etc.
- Google Cloud Platform offers a future-proof infrastructure that ensures security, high-performance, and constant improvement.
- It incorporates sturdy data and analytics to search for answers.
- Google Cloud Platform is used by almost every aspect of life, like finance, retail, telecommunications, manufacturing, gaming, education, government, businesses, etc.
- It offers a hybrid and multi-cloud platform called Anthos. Using Anthos, you can develop any software from anywhere.
- The multilayered secure-by-design infrastructure controls data security.
Amazon Web Services is another commonly-used and notable cloud computing service. It offers the best service that is feasible for remote employees, students, and agents. You can build your first application with ease, as Amazon Web Services offer a step-by-step guide. It provides approximately 175 services and products, like database, analytics, application development, storage, etc.
- Amazon Web Services has a broad set of services and products as compared to other cloud computing companies.
- It associates ten thousand partners and millions of customers with it.
- The Amazon Web Services architecture is highly secured and is military, global banks, and other organizations that require high security.
- It covers 77 availability zones and 24 geographic areas across the globe. So, it has a very vast network.
- Amazon Web Services is primarily known to invent new applications and technologies.
Adobe is one of the famous and fully-featured cloud computing companies. The product of Adobe, Adobe Creative Cloud, offers the best platform for providing the best applications and products. Adobe Creative Cloud incorporates more than 20 software tools and services. These services and tools are compatible to work with desktop as well as mobile devices.
- Adobe Creative Cloud collects software tools, including Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe Premiere Pro, Illustrator, Adobe XD, and Acrobat DC.
- Along with several software tools, it also incorporates an extensive library of beautiful fonts.
- Creative Cloud Libraries allow users to browse and share their assets.
- You can make your desired and unique portfolio using Adobe Portfolio.
- It provides the cloud storage of 100Gb to store and share files.
- Adobe Creative Cloud is best suited for individuals, students, teachers, and also for businesses.
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure is another cloud computing service used in many IT companies. It offers services for storage, databases, network, applications, etc. Oracle Cloud provides all types of services, like DaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS.
- Oracle Cloud supports multiple databases, programming languages, frameworks, and tools for developing better software or applications in the cloud.
- The best feature of the Oracle Cloud is it saves expensive costs of installing hardware devices.
- It incorporates a shared infrastructure that automates business tasks and offers hassle-free performance.
- Oracle Cloud offers users to use of dedicated private network connections. So, it provides world-class security to every enterprise’s data.
- It allows an organization to fully control and manage the servers, storage, and location of the data center.
6. IBM Cloud:
IBM Cloud is another highly secure and reliable cloud computing company. Many businesses and enterprises use this public cloud platform. IBM Cloud is a hybrid multi-cloud platform that incorporates AI services and advanced data capabilities.
- IBM Cloud provides all types of cloud computing services, like IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS.
- It is one of the flexible platforms for users that enables them to customize applications and services from any location.
- All the data stored on the cloud is easily accessible through a reliable and good internet connection.
- Users can bring their applications or products developed in the Oracle Cloud to the market quickly.
- Oracle Cloud offers a full set of 170 services and products, including storage, network, AI, management, security, databases, monitoring, IoT, etc.
phoenixNAP is one of the best companies that offer more reliable and efficient solutions to your businesses. The best part of this company is it provides a wide range of services that protects your business at an affordable range. It is a globally interconnected company that provides services, like bandwidth, network, and telecom.
- phoenixNAP cloud computing company primarily focuses on the data security of the customers. Millions of users trust this organization for its data availability and security features.
- IT industries mostly rely on services provided by phoenixNAP because of their agility, scalability, and flexibility.
- The cloud system of the phoenixNAP has high-performance Virtual Machines.
- It offers 10Gbps Global network with DDoS protection without a fee.
- For storing business or personal data, it uses hybrid SSDs.
- phoenixNAP is best suited for trans-Atlantic companies.
Another web or cloud hosting platform used across the globe is Cloudways. Cloudways provides a better solution and a hosting platform for eCommerce businesses and agencies. It incorporates the technology of Artificial Intelligence that enhances the user experience.
- Cloudways allows users to manage more than 50 servers and multiple operations for managing applications within less time.
- It seamlessly integrates with AWS, GCE, DigitalOcean, Vultr, and Linode IaaS providers. Additionally, it combines four versions of WordPress and two editions of Magento.
- Cloudways is best suited for freelancers, online store retailers, as well as for start-ups.
- It works well with high-quality and high-performance applications and websites.
- The interface of Cloudways is very intuitive and user-friendly.
pCloud is another popular and commonly used cloud system used for storing data and files. It provides fully-featured cloud computing services. Teams can use pCloud storage systems, businesses, professionals, and individuals to safely and secure information.
- pCloud is very beneficial to carry out business activities and collaboration. It organizes the data in a more accessible and manageable way.
- Any individual can search for the desired data in the pCloud and share it with others or team members.
- All business information, private and confidential, is protected from data threats, hacks, and security issues.
- It is compatible to integrate with other systems, like content management, social media platforms, and many other services and devices.
- Users can create multiple file editions of a single file and can store all versions in the cloud.
Another best cloud solution for businesses and enterprises is Softchoice. Softchoice offers a wide range of services. It is one of the leading companies and is a partner for AWS and Google Cloud.
- Softchoice provides various cloud services, like workload assessment, public cloud accelerator, backup service, IT asset management, cloud data center, etc.
- The workload assessment service enables users to define costs and risks for workloads on the cloud effectively.
- Another service is Cloud Migration which allows the data of an enterprise to migrate.
- Softchoice has secured and reliable infrastructure and architecture.
- The feature of collaboration between organizations and the outside world is hassle-free and useful.
- It combines both Digital workplaces and physical workplaces.
ScienceSoft is one of the most famous and notable software development companies. It provides a wide variety of services for businesses and IT companies. ScienceSoft offers the best cloud management system for businesses to manage their activities effectively.
- The great advantage of using ScienSoft’s Cloud Infrastructure Management Services is it enables multiple people to share a single infrastructure. Although multiple users share a single infrastructure, the feature of data security is maintained.
- It incorporates a hybrid cloud that allows deployment of the infrastructure services in an accessible and more comfortable manner.
- Sciensoft also offers AWS managed services and Azure managed services.
- Other services of ScienceSoft include administration, troubleshooting, cloud migration, security, etc.
- ScienceSoft is the most trusted organization that has contributed its 31 years in the IT sector.
Kamatera is another fully-featured cloud and web hosting platform. It is best suited for businesses, start-ups, agencies, eCommerce companies, etc. This platform enables people in the industry to regulate all servers in one place. Kamatera platform offers high-performance services and requires a little maintenance.
- Kamatera cloud platform is compatible to work with Microsoft Windows operating systems as well.
- The server management features include CPU monitoring, credential management, email monitoring, event logs, patch management, task scheduling, server monitoring, and virtual machine monitoring.
- Kamatera cloud platform offers an extensive set of cloud computing services, like cost monitoring, performance analytics, supply monitoring, workflow monitoring, multi-cloud management, etc.
- This cloud platform’s outstanding feature is server backup, including backup scheduling, continuous backup, disaster recovery, incremental recovery, encryption, etc.
13. Verizon Cloud:
Verizon Cloud is one of the secure and safe storage platforms for many businesses and start-ups. It is very well-known as backup assistance that enables users to backup contacts, music, videos, etc.
- The entire data of organizations and enterprises are stored securely and safely using the Verizon Cloud.
- It offers a wide variety of services. Depending on the business requirements, You can choose the selected and desired services.
- The best advantage of using the Verizon Cloud is you can maintain data integrity over any application.
- Verizon Cloud seamlessly integrates with Gladinet Cloud for offering the best and most hassle-free online collaboration.
- When you use Verizon Cloud, you can develop the desired virtual machines and storage cloud buckets.
Rackspace is a fully-featured and multi-cloud computing company that offers multiple advanced cloud features. It is one of the best solutions for IT management industries, which provides data storage, private servers, databases, backups, etc.
- Rackspace’s service of Cloud Files offers cloud storage. It can be used for personal as well as professional use. Users can store their data up to 5GB on Rackspace’s Cloud Files.
- Another service is API which supports RESTful API. There is a Jungle Disk in Rackspace that enables users to use cloud files like local files.
- Cloud Servers is another primary service offered by Rackspace. Using this service, users can install one or more servers with high architectures.
- When a user stores data on the cloud, the server computes three copies of each data file or folder over multiple systems.
Prolifics is one of the notable cloud computing companies that offer digital consulting and cloud computing services. It provides the best IT solutions and services, like cloud, analytics, DevOps, digital business, etc.
- The Cloud services of Prolifics include cloud storage, cloud migration, cloud architecture, and cloud Native Dev.
- Prolific IT management services offer AI and machine learning, digital business, and data analytics.
- The Prolific company’s DevOps service includes various services, like infrastructure as code, continuous integration, deployment, and toolchains.
- Data Analytics services offer artificial intelligence, machine learning, business analytics, and data management services.
After studying this post, you might have gained a clear idea about the best cloud computing companies and their services. We have also seen in detail what exactly cloud computing means. Later, we have covered types of cloud services and cloud service models.
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS) are three different cloud computing service models. We have also covered the distinct difference between these service models. The cloud computing companies listed above are top-rated and offer services.