Civilization is a series of strategy games. The goal is to develop a Civilization from prehistory to the not-too-distant future. In 1991, the game was first launched. To date, new versions have been launched. The game is also available for Windows, Linux, Mac OS, and PlayStation.
Users of Civilization 5 (CIV 5) have reported that they are unable to start the game. After it has been launched, the game simply closes. CIV 5 is available on Steam for Windows. Even validating or reinstalling the game does not fix the problem.
What Causes Civilization 5 Not To Launch?
To get up and to run, games must interact with a variety of modules. The fast-paced environment of Microsoft’s frequent upgrades. In addition, other graphics vendors and games struggle to keep up and stay in sync. Civilization will not launch for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to:
- Antivirus Protection Software.
Several antivirus products reportedly caused the game’s not to launch.
- Redistributable For Visual Studio C++.
This component is required for Civilization 5 and should be installed in its most recent version.
Your computer’s DirectX files may be missing. DirectX is a graphical component that must be installed with the correct version of the API.
- Older Version Of Windows.
There were a few instances where Windows 7 users were unable to start the game. It’s worth noting that official support for Windows 7 has ended and is being phased out.
- Game Files Are Corrupted.
It might be possible that games files are corrupted. It could be why some games fail to launch.
How can I get Civilization 5 to start?
There is a kind of causes why a game might not launch. Each one has a unique disease and set of symptoms. There are a variety of situations that can be resolved utilizing the remedies described below.
- CIV 5 Will Not Start After Choosing A Directx Version.
When you first begin the application, you will be prompted to choose a DirectX version. After then, the game does not begin.
- There Was No Compatible Graphics Device Found For Civilization Vi.
When the game is unable to identify and use the proper graphics device, this scenario occurs.
- Civilization V Continues Crashing.
In this situation, the game keeps crashing suddenly in-game or when it first starts up.
- Civilization V Unexpectedly Quit.
If the game unexpectedly quits, it’s most likely due to a problem with your installation files or graphics program.
Methods To Fix Civilization 5 Not Launching
- Update Graphics Card Driver
- Run Civilization 5 In Compatibility Mode
- Install Directx
- Removing Conflicting Software
- Installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2015
- Verify The Integrity Of The CIV 5 Files
- Perform A Clean Boot
1. Update Graphics Card Driver
A graphic card driver is a crucial piece of software that connects your games to hardware. The driver for the graphics card is corrupted or missing. Your game will have a variety of issues, such as Civilization 5 failing to launch. You might try updating the graphics card driver to resolve the problem.
- Select Device Manager from the context menu by right-clicking the Start menu.
- Expand the Display adapters category. Then right-click and select Update Driver for the graphics card driver.
- Then, to update the driver automatically, select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- You can download and install the latest PC driver from the manufacturer’s website.
- Restart your computer. Now, to see whether the Civilization 5 crashing on startup problem still exists.
2. Run Civilization 5 In Compatibility Mode
If you’ve recently updated Windows 10, it’s conceivable. You can get around the problem by playing the game in compatibility mode on Windows 7.
- To start Steam, click the Steam icon on your desktop. To access the Library tab in the Steam window, click the Library tab at the top of the window.
- When you right-click on its entry, the Properties window appears in the menu. Select the Local Files option from the drop-down menu. From the drop-down option, choose Browse Local Files.
- You can play Civilization V if you have the disk. You can still look for the game’s installation folder manually. Right-click the game’s shortcut on the Desktop and choose the Open file location from the menu.
- Select Properties from the menu of the Civilization 5 executable file in the folder.
- Go to the Compatibility tab in the Properties box.
- By ticking the box next to “Run this software in compatibility mode for,” you can choose to “Run this application in compatibility” option.
- Select Windows 7 or other Windows 8 from the list that appears.
- In the same window’s Settings section, check the box next to “Run this program as an administrator.”
- After you’ve finished making the changes, restart the game. Check to check if the problem with “Civilization V has stopped working” has been resolved.
3. Install DirectX
DirectX is a Microsoft product that allows gamers to play games more fluidly. Ensure you have the latest model of DirectX installed on your PC to avoid gaming issues.
- On your keyboard, push the Windows and R keys. Then, in the box, copy and paste dxdiag and click OK.
- Look for your DirectX version on the first page of the report.
Follow these procedures to upgrade and install DirectX to the most recent version.
- On your keyboard, push the Windows button and type check. Then click Check for updates beneath the Updates tab.
- To have Windows Update download and install the latest version of DirectX for you. Follow the on-screen instructions (included in the updates).
- To check if the issue has been repaired, run CIV 5 through Steam.
4. Removing Conflicting Software
There have been some cases where the game has failed to launch due to third-party software conflicts. These programs compete for control and access to many mechanisms, causing problems. Every computer configuration is different. You’ll figure out which applications are causing the problem for yourself.
Clean Booting your PC is something you should try. The machine is turned on with the bare minimum of drivers installed. You can figure out which program is the source of the issue.
Alienware LightFX was one example of a problem that users had. The application was uninstalled, or the following files were renamed with a suffix such as ‘LightFXold’:
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\LightFX.dll C:\Windows\System32\LightFX.dll C:\Windows\SysWOW64\LightFXXPS.dll
5. Installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2015
Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable install run-time components of Visual C++ libraries. The game requires these files to function properly. There rises to be an issue where the files are not immediately updated to the most recent version. You’ll have to remove the components from your computer manually. Then download and install the most current version from Microsoft.
- Press Windows + R, then enter “appwiz.cpl” in the dialogue window.
- Now look for ” Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable ” in the search box. Uninstall it by right-clicking on it.
- Now go to the Microsoft download website and download both the x86 and x64 versions for your computer.
- Restart your computer and try again with Civilization.
6. Verify The Integrity Of The CIV 5 Files
Civilization 5 crashes when the game files are corrupted or missing. To fix the problem, you should “check the integrity” of the game’s files. This error notice will be resolved.
- After running your Steam client, go to the Library tab.
- Right-click Civilization 5 in the list of installed games, select Properties.
- In the Properties panel, go to the Local Files section. Verify the integrity of Game Files by selecting this option.
- Steam will automatically verify the game files. You’ll require to pause for a few minutes for this procedure to complete.
- After the process is complete, relaunch the game to see if the “Civilization 5 won’t start” issue has been resolved.
7. Perform A Clean Boot
Each of us has a unique desktop environment. Interfering programs could be the source of the problem. If you’re not sure, perform a clean boot to rule it out.
- To open the Run box, hit Win+R (the Windows logo key and the r key) on your keyboard simultaneously. Click OK after typing or pasting MSConfig.
- Navigate to the Services tab in the pop-up window and check the box next to Hide all Microsoft services.
- All services except those belonging to your hardware manufacturers should be unchecked. Realtek, AMD, NVIDIA, Logitech, and Intel are among the companies represented. Then, to save the changes, click OK.
- To open Task Manager, press Ctrl, Shift, and Esc at the exact moment on your keyboard, then select the Startup tab.
- Select any apps you feel are interfering one by one and disable them.
- Restart your computer.
- You can now attempt to launch Civ 5. If it works this time, repeat the process. Just deactivate half of the services and programs to find the culprits.
Civilization V is a strategy game. In CIV 5, you must build a civilization from the beginning of time to the present day. You can resolve the CIV 5 crashing issue by following the procedures mentioned above.
Why Does CIV 5 Keep Crashing On Windows 10?
You don’t have the needed version of DirectX. You may experience issues with Civilization 5. To resolve the problem, simply download and install the necessary Civilization 5 version. DirectX is available for download directly from Microsoft’s website.
Why Does My Civ 5 Keep Crashing?
A lack of game files frequently causes the issue. You might wish to double-check their credibility. Furthermore, having outdated drivers is an easy method to start experiencing this problem. Make sure you have them updated. Finally, there are some Windows 10 compatibility issues that you should investigate.
How Do I Fix My Shogun 2 Not Working Issue?
“Steam Cloud” should be disabled. Uncheck the first option “enable steam cloud sync” in Steam > Settings > Cloud. Then double-check Shogun 2’s files. Run Shogun 2 in compatibility mode for Windows 7. It appears to have worked for a few Windows 10 users.
When Will CIV 5 Go On Sale?
The Civilization V Complete Edition was finally released alongside the game. Its expansions, as well as the several DLCs, are all priced at $49.99. Because when you sum up all of the list prices for each item separately, you get $149.2.