You might know what the Google Chromecast is? Google Chromecast is a device that enables users to watch high-quality videos on smart TVs freely. You can also connect the Chromecast to TVs, laptops, and desktops using a USB cable.
If you love binge-watching video content from various streaming sites, like Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, etc., you can use Chromecast and watch videos on your devices. It includes a broad set of applications from where you can stream several videos.
Many Windows 10 users today face problems with Chromecast. The primary problem of Chromecast with the Windows 10 system was it did not work properly, and it did not connect to the other devices and the internet connection.
Additionally, Windows 10 users also faced firewall blocking, network configuration, security software, etc. issues. All these problems were experienced after the Windows 10 update.
With these issues, users will not be able to stream videos from any streaming site. Therefore, it is necessary to fix the Chromecast no devices found error on Windows 10.
There are multiple ways of fixing the Chromecast no devices found error on Windows 10 system. Below are the most successful ways of fixing this issue. Before trying the below methods, you can even reboot Chromecast devices and router to fix this issue on the Windows 10 system.
Updating Chrome Browser
The first method to fix the Chromecast issue on Windows 10 system is to update the chrome browser. Below are the detailed steps explained for this method.
- Firstly, double-click on the Google Chrome icon to open it.
- The screen of the browser appears. At the top-right corner of the screen, you will notice three vertical dots. After clicking on that three vertical dots, a drop-down list or menu appears.
- From the drop-down list, you have to select Help, which is the last but one option.
- When you click on the Help option, a pop-up window appears on the screen. You will notice the About Google Chrome option at the top of the pop-up window. Click on it.
- You will get the report about the latest update of Google Chrome. It will take a little time to update. Viewers can observe in the below figure that Google Chrome is up to date.
Turn On Network Discovery
The next method to fix the Chromecast issue is to turn on Network Discovery. For turning on the Network Discovery, you have to make sure that the Chromecast device and your desktop or laptop are on the same network.
The following are the sequential steps required for turning on Network Discovery.
- At the bottom-left side of your home screen, you will notice the Start menu. Click on it; select the Settings option. There you will see the Network & Internet option, hit it, and select Wi-Fi.
- After selecting Wi-Fi, you will notice the Related settings option. Click it and select Change advanced sharing options.
- A dialog will appear showing the Private option. Expand the Private option.
- After that, you need to turn on the Network Discovery option under the Network Discovery menu.
- Later, you need to turn on file and printer sharing under the File and Printer Sharing option.
- Once you do all the above steps, reboot your system and check whether the Chromecast device is working properly.
Start Media Sharing
One of the primary reasons for the Chromecast device not functioning properly is your system’s media sharing and wireless sharing settings are turned off. These settings may turn off automatically. Therefore, you need to enable these settings.
Follow the below steps for enabling the system’s media sharing and wireless sharing.
- Firstly, click on the Search Bar present at the bottom of the window—type “services” in the text field. You will notice the Services app in the result and select it.
- A screen appears displaying all services. You need to look for the Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service.
- When you find this service, right-click on it. It would be best if you chose the Enable option to turn on the media sharing and wireless sharing settings.
- If this service is already enabled, you need to restart it by clicking on the Restart option.
- Finally, save the changes you made and check whether the Chromecast device is working on your system.
Update Firewall and Antivirus
Sometimes, the system’s firewall and antivirus software, which are not updated, may block the Chromecast device’s connection. Therefore, it is essential to have an updated firewall and antivirus for the Chromecast device to function properly.
We know that Windows 10 system has a firewall feature and does not require another dedicated firewall software. Hence, it will not allow your system to connect to the Chromecast device effortlessly.
So, check whether the firewall and antivirus have blocked the Chromecast connection. If you use the router for the internet connection, you need to ask the provider if the Chromecast device gets blocked.
Another method to fix the Chromecast device problem is disabling VPN. Let us know how to do it. Many people use a VPN for browsing the internet privately and securely without allowing hackers to trach online history.
When you use the Chromecast device with a VPN, you are required to disable it. The reason behind disabling a VPN is it will sometimes not allow the Chromecast device to connect to the laptop, computer, or TV.
There are several VPN service providers available in the market. Hence, for disabling a VPN, you must follow the instructions of the respective VPN service provider. You can even get the VPN disabling instructions on the internet.
Reboot the Device
Rebooting the device is one of the straightforward and effortless methods than all the above stated. You can reboot your Chromecast device and the router to make the Chromecast function properly.
You might be thinking about how to reboot the Chromecast tool. It is an extremely straightforward method. You need to unplug the tool from the power supply for about 2 – 3 minutes.
Alternatively, you can also reboot cast devices, like the computer or laptop. After rebooting, check whether the Chromecast is working or not.
Factory Reset Chromecast Settings
The last and the most significant method to fix the chromecast problem is factory resetting chromecast settings. Initially, try all the above methods. If any of the above schemes are not working, then go for this factory reset method.
You must make sure that you press the button on the Chromecast device for seconds until the power light winks. Performing the factory reset will surely resolve the Chromecast no devices found error.
So, you don’t have to worry anyhow if your chromecast device does not work. We have listed some successful and significant methods for resolving the chromecast no devices found error. There are seven different methods, which are easy to carry out. Follow any of the above methods and resolve the chromecast working problem on Windows 10 systems.