The best thing about owning an Android phone is the amount of customization it provides to its user. One of the easiest and most common ways to customize your Android is by changing its Wallpaper.
No matter how much you like your Wallpaper, it starts to get boring at some point. So if you want to change the Wallpaper of your Android phone, here is a detailed guide that might help you.
Ways To Change Wallpaper on Android Device
- How to Change Your Android Wallpaper From the Home Screen
- How to Change Your Wallpaper From the Gallery
- How to Change Your Wallpaper From the Google Photos App
- How to Change Your Wallpaper From the Settings App
- How to Change Your Wallpaper From Google Wallpapers App
Pre-loaded/Default Wallpapers of Android Smartphone
Android usually comes with a bunch of pre-loaded Wallpaper. These Wallpapers are not so bad and have the benefit of fitting perfectly to your screen, but due to the limited option, you might get bored with them sometime.
However, there a several ways to get new and customized Wallpapers on Android phones, which we will discuss below.
1. How to Change Your Android Wallpaper From the Home Screen
Changing the Wallpaper from the home screen is the fastest and easiest way to change your Wallpaper on Android. There are two different methods for this, depending on your device and Android version.
Change Your Wallpaper From the Home Screen on Android 11
Samsung devices usually use this method to change the home screen’s Wallpaper. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Long press or pinch the screen of your home screen.
- Tap on Wallpapers in the bottom left corner.
- Here you will view two options My Wallpaper and gallery. You can select Wallpapers from my Wallpaper or any image from the gallery to set as Wallpaper.
- In My Wallpapers, you will see two types of Wallpapers Multipack and single Wallpapers. Multipack wallpaper changes whenever you turn on your phone(it can only be applied to the lock screen). While single Wallpaper remains fixed.
- Once you have chosen a Wallpaper, tap on it and select where you want it to appear, i.e., Lock screen, Home screen, or both.
- If you don’t like pre-loaded Wallpaper, you can go back to the Wallpaper menu, and press Explore more Wallpapers. Here you will find a wide variety of Wallpapers.
- After choosing the one you like, tap on it and press download.
- Once the Wallpaper has been downloaded, tap on apply and select where you want to add it.
Change Your Wallpaper From the Home Screen on Android 12
Some Android phones that operate on Android 12 have a slightly different method for changing Wallpaper. Here are the steps for changing Wallpaper on Android 12:
- Long press space on the home screen till a menu appears.
- Tap on Wallpaper and Style and then select change Wallpaper.
- Android 12 phones usually have a wide selection of pre-loaded Wallpaper that you can select. If you want to select an image from the gallery, you must go to my photos section.
- Your phone might ask permission for the Wallpaper and style app to access your files. Just allow the app and then scroll through your gallery to select the image you want to set as your Wallpaper.
- After selecting the image, you can choose where to apply it and preview it before actually applying it.
2. How to Change Your Wallpaper From the Gallery
You can also directly select an image from your gallery app and set it as your phone’s Wallpaper. To do this, you need to follow the following steps.
- Open your gallery and scroll through images till you find the image you want to set as your Wallpaper.
- After finding the Wallpaper image, tap on it to enlarge it.
- Press on the three dots on the bottom right corner and then select set as Wallpaper.
- Now you can select one of the following options.
- Home Screen
- Lock Screen
- Home and Lock screens
- Call background
- After selecting the option, adjust the image preview and tap on Set Wallpaper.
3. How to Change Your Wallpaper From the Google Photos App
Pixel and many other phones have a Google photos app instead of a gallery. The method for changing the Wallpaper from the google photos app is slightly different. Here are its steps:
- Launch your google photos app and go to the library to access the folder with the image you want to set as Wallpaper.
- Please scroll through the folder to find the image and then select it.
- Now press on the three dots on the top right corner of the screen and then select use as.
- A menu will pop up with the following options
- Wallpapers Home Screen
- Wallpapers Lock Screen
- Wallpapers Lock and Home Screen
- Please select where you want to apply it and tap on set as Wallpaper after previewing it.
4. How to Change Your Wallpaper From the Settings App
You can also change your Wallpaper from the settings app by following simple and easy steps.
- Open your Android settings app and scroll down to Wallpapers.
- After tapping on the Wallpaper option, you will be taken to the same screen as in the method mentioned above for Android 11.
- From there, you can select the following options to change your Wallpaper.
- My Wallpapers
- Explore more Wallpapers
5. How to Change Your Wallpaper From Google Wallpapers App
Those who want to find new images for their Android phone Wallpaper can use Google’s official Wallpaper app. This app comes integrated into pixel phone; however other Android users can also enjoy it by installing it from Google Play Store. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Download the app from Play Store and open it after it installs on your device.
- Upon opening, you will find many Wallpaper categories. Choose the category you like and browse through different Wallpapers till you find the one you like.
- After selecting the image you like, you will enter the preview page, where you can adjust the image to your liking.
- Once you have adjusted the image, press set Wallpaper and select where you want to set it. Home screen, Lock screen, or Both.
The process for changing Wallpaper on Android is straightforward, with slight changes in steps based on the device or Android version you’re using. Therefore no matter what phone you a currently using, as long as it’s Android, you can use these steps to change your Wallpaper and give your phone a new look.
What Are Live Wallpapers?
Live Wallpaper is an animated GIF that plays on a loop or fluid-designed image that changes perspective when you tilt the phone in different directions.
How Do I Change The Picture On My Lock Screen?
Steps to change the image on your lock screen:
– Go to the Wallpapers option and find the image you want as your Wallpaper.
– Once you find the image, tap on it, and in the set Wallpaper as a menu, tap on the lock screen.
How Do I Put One Of My Photos On My Wallpaper?
Steps to set your picture as Wallpaper:
– Go to your gallery and select the image you want as your Wallpaper.
– Once you have selected the image, tap on it to enlarge it, then press on the three dots on your screen.
– Now select the choose as Wallpaper option and then set Wallpaper after preview.
Where Are Samsung Wallpapers Stored?
The downloaded Wallpaper on a Samsung phone is stored in the My Wallpapers folder, and for new Wallpaper, you can go to the Galaxy themes store.