Carriers provide voicemail service to receive voice messages when you’re not available. Moreover, Android and iPhones also have a voicemail feature that allows you to set voicemail for your phone.
But voicemails are accessed by a passcode or PIN; if you forget them, you can no longer access them. Keep reading if you forgot your voicemail password and want to change it.
How To Change Voicemail Password If You Remember the Old Password?
This is easy and instant because you can recall the old password. It will only take a minute:
On iPhone, use these steps:
- Navigate to Settings > Phone > Change Voicemail Password.
- Enter your current voicemail PIN or password and tap ‘Done.’
- Then, enter the new password and click ‘Done.’
- Re-enter the password.
To change voicemail password on Android phones, follow below:
- Install the voicemail app of your carrier.
- Open the app.
- Tap the three dots at the top right corner and choose ‘Settings.’
- Look for a ‘Change password’ or a similar option.
- Follow the instructions on the app.
How To Reset Voicemail Password for Any Carrier and Any Device?
These solutions work for most or all carriers to change a voicemail password you don’t remember.
- Call Your Phone Number
- Call Your Carrier
1. Call Your Phone Number
Try calling your phone number. If it doesn’t work, the call will be ended automatically, or there will be no answer. Make sure that you try to call your number with and without the area code.
You’ll be taken to the automated voicemail configuration helpline if it works. If you have new messages, press the * or any other designated button to reach the main menu.
You can input numbers on your phone to reach the desired settings menu and reset your voicemail password if your carrier provides an option of this nature.
2. Call Your Carrier
If the above process doesn’t let you change your voicemail password on Android, iPhone, or feature phone, directly call your carrier’s support.
For Android and iOS, you can use your carrier’s dedicated app to contact support, but if you want to call, use these details:
- T-Mobile: 1-800-937-8997
- Sprint: 866-866-7509
- Verizon: 1-800-837-4966
- AT&T: 800-901-9878 from a prepaid phone or dial 611 from a wireless phone
How To Change Forgotten Voicemail Password on Android and iPhone for AT&T?
- Reset Voicemail Password from the Visual Voicemail App of AT&T
- Visit the AT&T Website
1. Reset Voicemail Password from the Visual Voicemail App of AT&T
The surefire method for AT&T Android users to reset their voicemail passcode is through the AT&T Visual Voicemail App.
- Launch the app and enter your details.
- On the app’s main screen, tap the three dots at the top right corner.
- Choose ‘Change password.’
2. Visit the AT&T Website
To reset or change voicemail password on Android and iPhone, you can also go to AT&T’s website and begin the voicemail passcode reset process. Follow these steps:
- Visit MyAT&T.
- Log in with your details.
- You’ll see a list of devices. Select the device for which you want to reset the voicemail password.
- After this, select ‘Manage device.’
- Swipe down to the end of the page and choose ‘Reset voicemail password.’
- It’ll ask you to confirm the reset request. Select ‘Yes.’
- You’ll receive a new voicemail code via text.
- After getting this code, you now easily change the voicemail password to a secure code.
How To Change Voicemail Password for Verizon?
As with most voicemail boxes, if you enter the PIN incorrectly a few times, the voicemail is locked. Use these methods to change voicemail password on Android and iPhone for Verizon:
- Use the My Verizon App
- Reset Voicemail PIN from the Verizon Website
- Call the Verizon Helpline
1. Use the My Verizon App
The My Verizon app is the easiest method for changing voicemail codes for Verizon users. Follow these steps:
- Go to Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Search and install My Verizon.
- Open the app.
- Sign in with your details or register.
- After logging in, tap the three horizontal lines at the top left corner of the app.
- From the menu, choose ‘Account Settings.’
- Enter your Verizon password again for security purposes.
- Switch to the ‘Security’ tab.
- Tap ‘Manage voicemail password.’
- Input a new PIN for your voicemail and confirm.
- Done. Now you can access your voicemail with the new passcode.
2. Reset Voicemail PIN from the Verizon Website
You can also change your voicemail passwords on Android and iPhone without the app. Visit the Verizon website and get a new voicemail PIN.
- Go to the Verizon Prepaid page.
- Tap the ‘Sign In’ button at the top or select the hamburger icon at the top right corner and choose ‘Sign In.’
- Log in to your account or create a new account.
- Choose your device and select ‘Manage Device.’
- Then go to Settings > Reset Voicemail Password.
- You’ll be given an option to create a PIN or let the system select a PIN for you. Choose an option and get a new PIN for your voicemail.
3. Call the Verizon Helpline
To reset your voicemail PIN by calling Verizon on any smartphone or feature phone, use these steps:
- Call 611 or (800) 922-0204.
- On the automated customer service menu, reach the reset voicemail password menu by following the instructions on the call.
- You may be required to enter your information.
- After it, you can reset your voicemail password.
How To Reset Voicemail Password for T-Mobile?
- Use the Star Code/USSD Code
- Visit the T-Mobile Website
1. Use the Star Code/USSD Code
Resetting your voicemail password on T-Mobile is the easiest because you can dial the star code and get your voicemail PIN reset.
- On your phone, dial #793#
- Follow the prompts to reset the password.
- Your voicemail passcode will be reset to the last four digits of your phone number. You can later choose a new voicemail password to something easy to remember for you but hard to guess for others.
2. Visit the T-Mobile Website
Like other phone carriers, T-Mobile allows customers to reset their voicemail code from their website.
- Go to the T-Mobile homepage.
- Sign in or create a new account with your phone number.
- Navigate to Phone > Check Voicemail > Settings.
- Now, select ‘PIN.’
- Reset your PIN by creating a new password.
How To Change Voicemail Password on Android and iPhone for Sprint?
- Use the Star Code
- Visit the Sprint Website
1. Use the Star Code
As T-Mobile and Sprint are merged, Sprint has the easiest method of resetting the voicemail PIN through a short code.
- Dial *2 from your phone.
- Select ‘Account information’ or ‘Changes.’
- Follow the prompts to reset the voicemail passcode.
2. Visit the Sprint Website
Other than the USSD code, you can also change the voice box PIN by accessing your account on the Sprint website.
- Visit the Sprint homepage.
- Sign in to your account.
- Tap ‘My Sprint’ and then choose ‘Preferences.’
- Now, find ‘Things I can manage online’ and pick ‘Change voicemail passcode’ under it.
- Follow the instructions to change the passcode and set a new password.
How To Save Voicemail Messages?
I have mentioned the above steps to reset your forgotten voicemail password. But if you don’t want to lose access to your voice messages, you can also save the messages using default or third-party apps.
- Save Voicemails on iPhone with the Default App.
- Save Voicemails on Android with the Phone App or Your Carrier’s Voicemail App
- Save Voicemails on Android and iPhone with Third-Party Apps.
1. Save Voicemails on iPhone with the Default App
- Open the Phone app on your iOS device.
- Go to ‘Voicemail.’
- Now, open the voicemail you want to save.
- Press the Share button at the top right corner of the screen.
- You’ll see a bunch of apps; choose ‘Voice Memo’ or ‘Notes.’ Voice Memo is better because it already saves your audio, so your voicemails will also be saved. And they will be backed up to your iTunes library.
- Moreover, you can also send the voicemail as an attachment to your Mail or Messages app.
- Among the list, you may also find an option, ‘File to files,’ which directly saves it to your phone.
2. Save Voicemails on Android with the Phone App or Your Carrier’s Voicemail App
- Go to the Phone app and open voicemail, or launch your carrier’s voicemail app.
- Open the voicemail and reach the full-screen voicemail details.
- Choose ‘Send to’ from the options under the voicemail.
- You’ll see the apps you can use to share the voicemail. You can choose mail or any other app to send the voicemail to yourself. Moreover, find ‘Google Drive’ in the list to save the voicemail directly to your Google Drive.
3. Save Voicemails on Android and iPhone with Third-Party Apps
A popular app for organizing and saving voicemails is YouMail. You can save up to 100 voicemails for free and access them from your smartphone and computer. This also makes it easy to save voicemails from your phone to your PC.
- Install YouMail.
- Save the voicemails on YouMail from your phone.
- Then, open the YouMail website on your computer.
- Login and download your voicemails from there to your computer.
- If you want to save more voicemails on the platform, download them to your PC and upload them to any other cloud storage service like Google Drive, DropBox, and iCloud.
Resetting your voicemail PIN on smartphones is quick and easy if you know the correct steps. If you’re in a hurry, call your carrier’s helpline to change voicemail password on Android and iPhone ASAP.
How Do You Reset Your Voicemail Password If You Forgot It?
Call your number for all smartphones and feature phones to reset your voicemail password. If nothing happens, the call will be ended.
But in most cases, you’ll reach the voicemail menu. Go through the menu by pressing the right buttons and reset your voicemail password.
How Do I Reset My Voicemail Password On My Android Phone?
You can reset your voicemail password on an Android phone using your carrier’s voicemail app or website. We’ll show the method using carriers’ websites with these general steps:
– Open a web browser and visit the homepage of your service provider.
– Log in to your account.
– Select your device and find account settings or similar options.
– Look for voicemail and later reset your voicemail.
– You might get a text on your phone as a new voicemail PIN.
How Do I Access My Voicemail Without A Pin?
If you never created a PIN for your voicemail, the default PIN is usually the last seven or four digits of your phone number.
Try each and later, and make sure to change the PIN to a unique password that you can remember easily but that’s hard to guess for anyone else.
What Do You Do If You Forget Your Voicemail Password On Android?
Your carrier’s mobile app may help if you forget your voicemail password. In most cases, you can find an option to reset your voicemail passcode from the official carrier’s app. Install the app, log in to your account, and browse its settings.