Discord is a gaming platform that allows users to see which game their friends are playing in addition to chatting. In this article, I’ll show you how to change status on discord to custom playing status on both PC and mobile in simple steps.
Like me, you probably want to create a custom game playing status in which you can modify the name of the game you’re playing or set the status of any game you’re not playing. Many gamers use discord while streaming on Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube, and Loco.
What Does The Discord Statuses Mean?
Discord status is a customizable notification feature that allows users to specify whether they are now AFK, online, or custom. There are four possibilities for this state (online, idle, do not disturb, invisible, and custom), discussed further below. You have the option to change status on discord as per requirement.
Online status: All Discord accounts are set to Online mode by default. This option allows you to receive immediate notifications and usually appears in your contact list. A small green circle appears in your profile photo to show this.
Idle status: Idle Status is the same as online status, except it appears automatically when you’re away from the keyboard for a long time and disappears as soon as you move your cursor within the Discord platform. On the other hand,
Do not disturb status: Do Not Disturb mode, often known as DND mode, disables all Discord app notifications and is signified by a red status on your profile photo.
Invisible status: Although the typing indicator will be displayed to your contact when typing, Invisible Mode allows you to utilize Discord while appearing Offline to other members. A grey indicator appears on your profile to signify this.
Custom status: The custom status option allows you to add messages to your profile that you want to be seen. You can add up to 128 characters of text, including emojis, to the message.
How To Change Status On Discord?
- How To Change Status On Discord Windows Or Mac?
- How To Change Status On Discord Android And iPhone?
- How To Change Your Bio On Discord?
- How To Set Custom Playing Status On Discord?
1. How To Change Status On Discord Windows Or Mac?
To change status on Discord on PC follow all the steps given below.
- Open the Discord client on the web browser and log in if requested.
- Click on your profile image in the bottom-left corner of your screen. A small menu will appear.
- If you’re accessible for chatting, choose “Online,” “Idle,” “Do Not Disturb,” or “Invisible” if you don’t want others to know you’re online.
- Your online status will change once you’ve selected the one that best suits your needs.
- Click the “Set custom status option” if you wish to create a custom status. There will be a pop-up box.
- To access an emoji selection menu, click on the emoji icon in the pop-up box, selecting the emoji icon you wish to use as your personalized status.
- In the status bar, type your status.
- Unless you specify otherwise, your custom status message will expire after a set time.
- To modify the length of time your status is visible, click the menu icon beneath the status bar, then select the length of time you want your status to be visible.
- Click “Save” when you’re finished.
- Your new status will appear near the user profile icon at the bottom of the screen, and others on Discord will be able to see it as well.
2. How To Change Status On Discord Android And iPhone?
On Android or iOS, you can also modify the status through the Discord mobile app. Open the Discord app on the phone or tablet to do so.
- You can alter your status on an Android or iPad through the Discord mobile app.
- On your phone or tablet, launch the Discord app. To open the server and channel inventory, tap the hamburger menu icon in the top left corner.
- To access the “User Settings” option, tap your profile picture in the bottom right corner.
- In the “User Settings” section, you can customize your Discord account, including changing your status. Tap the “Set Status option.”
- At the bottom, a pop-up menu displays. You can set the status to one of four preset statuses, just like on the desktop app: “Online,” “Idle,” “Do Not Disturb,” or “Invisible.”
- If you wish to do anything else, tap “Set a Custom Status.”
- In the “Set A Custom Status” box on the “Custom Status” menu. To choose an emoji for your status, tap the emoji next to it.
- Your custom status (both text and emoji) in the Discord channel user listings will now appear below your username.
- Select how long you want the status message to appear: 30 minutes, one hour, four hours, or till tomorrow.
- Select “Don’t Clear” if you don’t want your status to be cleared.
- Tap the Save icon in the right corner to save your custom status.
3. How To Change Your Bio On Discord?
Use discord.bio to create an extended profile with more information about yourself. You’ll be given a unique URL in your Discord status and other social media platforms to direct people to your Discord account. To prepare your Bio for your mobile device, follow these steps:
- To get started, go to the Discord website and click “Get Started.”
- Select Discord for “Open with,” and then provide discord.bio access to your account.
- Select “Customize” from the drop-down menu.
- Fill down your details on the Customization screen.
- Select “Save Changes” after you’re finished.
- Select “Connections,” then “Save Changes” to insert your social media URLs.
- To see a preview of the profile, scroll down.
- To copy your URL, touch “Short URL,” and a notification will appear that says, “Success! Copied to clipboard.”
- Sign in to your Discord account and click on the “Settings” gear icon.
- Select “Set Status” from the “User Settings” menu.
- “Save” after pasting the URL into the status text box.
4. How To Set Custom Playing Status On Discord?
The game name appears underneath your username in Discord’s now playing status to show what you’re playing. So what you can do here is modify the name of the game you’re currently playing. You can also build a custom message for a false playing status.
For the Discord custom game status, follow these procedures.
- Click on the User Icon settings at the very bottom of the Discord dashboard app or the web.
- Scroll down to the base of the left panel of settings to find Game Activity and click on it.
- Discord will automatically detect and display in-game action if you play any verified game.
- If you want to change this game’s name to something else, simply click on the game’s name and change it.
- If the overlay is turned off, the discord’s playing status will now be updated to Valorant from Mario.
- What if you’re not playing a game, but you want to appear as you are?
- It will read no game detected when you open Discord game activity; look underneath it for Add it and click on it.
- You’ll see a box with a drop-down menu; click it to see all the apps and programs currently operating on your device; select one and click Add.
- After you’ve added the program, click on the program name and replace it with the game’s name you wish to show.
- Return to any discord server and look up your username; it will show the custom game-playing status you set.
How can you change status on Discord from a desktop or mobile device? How about making your own online and game statuses for a more personalized touch? All of the information presented in this article will aid you to change status on Discord. You’ll also learn a few more tips and tricks to help you get the most out of Discord.
How Do I Customize My Activity Status On Discord?
Next to your username, click the Gear icon (located at the bottom left). From the left sidebar, select Activity status. Select the option to display current activities as a status message and turn it on.
How Often Can A Bot Change Status On Discord?
Discord only supports a single bot state per server, which is a considerable drawback when changing the bot status regularly. To put it a different way, if the bot is on multiple servers, it will change status on Discord on each one when a status change is detected.
How Do You Automatically Change Discord Status?
Launch the Discord app and tap on the user profile in the bottom-right corner to access the “User Settings” option. “Set Status” should be selected. Select one of the options to change your status, and your status will be updated immediately.
How Do You Add Custom Activities To Discord?
Click the profile picture at the lower left of your app, then select Set a custom status. To add an emoji to the custom status, click on it. Type your unique status, then select a time window from the Clear After selection.