How to change ringtone on android? Not a fan of your ringtone? Choose a new ringtone from the best Android tones. Don’t you like the flashy grey of your keyboard? Switch it up! You and that obnoxious coworker at the opposite office share the same ringtone, right?
Simply not a fan of the dated noises that come with your lovely new phone? No issue! Today, there are many possibilities for Android sounds, and once you master these skills, the globe is your ringtone.
We got you handled if you want a new ringtone to add to your Android smartphone or want to learn how.
How to use a customized ringtone on Android
Using a customized ringtone on Android is comparatively more straightforward than on the iPhone.
Before diving into the specifics, it’s crucial to understand that the processes vary slightly based on your Android smartphone, considering the market’s wide variety of custom layouts.
To explain how to use a customized ringtone, we will compare the stock User experience. The procedures on your device will essentially need to be the same.
- Choose the audio track. Store the MP3 file in your Android device’s “Ringtones” category if you wish to create a customized ringtone. You can carry out this action using your mobile computer or file manager software.
- Head over to Settings > Sound and vibration > tap Phone’s Ringtone once the audio has been placed in the proper folder.
- Now, choose the music clip you want to use as your ringtone by tapping the My Sounds option.
- Press the addition sign (+) and then select Save.
The average duration of a ringtone is 30 to 45 secs. As a result, you may have to reduce your audio track.
You can convert your favorite tunes or song into a ringtone using specific applications accessible via Google Play.
Alternatively, you can reduce the Sound on your Computer using any sound converter, like Audacity.
- Change Ringtone for Calls on Android Phone
- Alter Notification Sound for Gmail on Android Phone
- How to Set Android Ringtones for Specific Contacts
- How to Set by factory Ringtones on Samsung Smartphones
- Alter Notification Sound for Text Messages on Android Phone
- Turn any song into a ringtone.
1. Change Ringtone for Calls on Android Phone
Read the instructions below to modify the call-ringing tone on your Android smartphone.
- Click Sound under Settings.
- Select “Phone Ringtone” from the Sound panel.
- Click on the Notification Sound of your choice on the following screen.
Following this, your desired ringtone will play every time a phone is made on your Android smartphone.
2. Alter Notification Sound for Gmail on Android Phone
- Launch the Gmail app on your cellphone.
- You may access the settings menu by tapping the three-bar menu icon on the upper-left edge of your page.
- On your smartphone, tap the email address whose email ringtone alert tone you want to change.
- Here on the following screen’s menu, choose Inbox Import Section Notifications.
- The name of this option may be “Manage Notifications” or “Inbox sound & vibrate” if you have an Android phone.
- Ensure that the Alert for Every Email is selected on the following screen, then tap Sound.
- On the following screen, choose the notification sound and language.
3. How to Set Android Ringtones for Specific Contacts
You may set unique Android tones for various contacts if you want to know who is phoning before scooping up or even glancing at your phone.
This will be easier for you to recognize the caller and prevent you from growing tired of constantly listening to the same ringtone that comes with every phone.
You can use the steps below to assign an Android soundtrack to a particular contact.
Please be aware that the directions may vary depending on the cellphone you’re operating.
- Locate the contact you want to create a soundtrack by opening the Contacts app on your android phone.
- Click Edit in the contact’s settings window.
- Choose a ringtone by scrolling down.
- You can pick a pre-set tone from the list beneath Ringtones or click Custom to make a customized sound from a media file for your contact.
- Return to the Edit Contact page after choosing the ideal ringtone, then click Save.
You may now do it repeatedly to give each contact on your Android smartphone a distinct sound.
4. How to Set by factory Ringtones on Samsung Smartphones
The procedure for configuring a ringtone is subtly different if you have a Samsung handset. Here’s how to go about it:
- Click Sounds and vibration in the Settings application.
- On the screen, select ringtone by tapping it.
- You can customize a ringtone for your smartphone by selecting one.
- The last step is to set your custom ringtone by tapping the backward icon at the down of your panel.
- To exit the Settings app, press the Home button on your device.
5. Alter Notification Sound for Text Messages on Android Phone
After your Android device’s text message, alter the ringtone by completing the instructions below.
- On your Android smartphone, launch the Messages app.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu by tapping the three dots menu symbol in the top-right corner of your screen.
- Select Notification Sound from the Settings screen by tapping it.
- Choose your preferred Notification Sound and click OK on the following screen.
As of right now, your smartphone will play the chosen notification tone each time a message comes.
6. Turn any song into a ringtone.
- To make music, your device ring, download, or copy it. You could do this using any cloud storage service, a USB drive, or a straight download.
- Launch the Settings application.
- Navigate to Vibration & Sound.
- Touch the phone ringtone.
- Activate My Sounds.
- The + button is on the bottom edge; click it if your Sound isn’t visible.
- Click the song once you’ve located it.
- Select Save.
Change Your Default Ringtone to Something Fun
Updating your ringtone is more than simply a method to make your smartphone more unique. Your creativity may also increase.
For instance, setting distinct tones for your Android smartphone’s social and private contacts will allow you to keep the two worlds apart.
How to build a ringtone by AVCWare Ringtone Maker (Windows)
You may make ringtones with AVCWare by simply picking your track and the section you wish to utilize and transferring it as an MP3.
- To find the track you wish to convert, open the application and hit Browse.
- To choose the section of the music you want to use, move the picking controls. You may manually enter the ringtone’s exact start and end times if you’d like.
- Select a part you want to keep.
- Tap Trim.
- To save your tone, select the Output File Name and Output Location.
- In the bottom-right corner, select the iPhone symbol. After that, set and assign ringtones as described above.
How to make a ringtone using RingDroid
With the simple-to-use program RingDroid, you can turn any WAV, 3GPP, ARM, AAC, MP4, or MPE3 soundtrack on your Android smartphone into a ringtone.
At the very least, after two tries, the procedure is simple and easy to understand. What’s best? You can make ringtones without needing a computer, and it’s free.
Create the ringtone using RingDroid
- Activate RingDroid. If you do not yet have the application, you can download it without charge from Google Play.
- When launched, RingDroid displays a list of all the tunes on your phone. Finding the audio file you want to use as a ringtone is as simple as scrolling through the list or using the search box up top.
- Relaunching the application can help if you can’t locate your recently saved song.
- Select the music title by tapping on it, then tap Trim to reduce it.
- Set the markers and choose the song’s desired section to serve as the ringtone.
- Once you’ve made your choice and are happy with it, click the download symbol in the bottom right.
- Generate the ringtone and give it a name.
Assign the ringtone using RingDroid
Let’s use the same application to set a new ringtone initially.
- When the window after importing your reduced song does, select Use as.
- You can use it as a notice, alarm, ringtone, or mixture.
It is also simple to customise it from the application’s main menu.
- Click Trimmed tone in the main menu. Next, pick the saved file.
- Select More, followed by Use as.
- Depending on your preference, you can use it as an alarm, ringtone, notification, or any mixture of all three.
Copy the song to your phone’s internal storage
After creating a ringtone on your laptop, there are only a few easy steps to download it to your cellphone. Overall, the task is manageable:
- To establish a safe connection, locate a USB cable and connect one end to your cellphone before plugging another end into your pc.
- Allow your pc a few seconds to recognize the device. Go to the internal storage of your cellphone after it acknowledges it.
- Access the Ringtones directory from here. If you can’t identify a particular folder with this name, you must make one yourself.
- Cut the power to your Android device. Use the previously provided step-by-step instructions to set up and ascribe ringtones correctly.