Change Notification sound on android is extremely useful, but it’s easy to get bored of them after a while.
If you have gotten bored of your current notification sound, or you get confused because someone in your family or friend also has the same notification sound, then I’m sure you want to change the notification sound of your phone.
Don’t know how to do it? We’ll don’t worry because this article will explain how you can change the notification sound of your android device and how to set a custom notification sound.
Android notification sounds can easily be changed. This step-by-step guide will show you how.
How to Switch Change Notification Sound on Android
Changing the default notification tone on Android smartphones may differ from company to company and the Android version.
Therefore, we will mention the steps of the method for a few popular android companies.
- Go to the Settings app.
- Select Sound and vibration.
- Tap on Notification sound.
- Select the Sim for which you want to change the notification sound.
- You should now be able to see various tones available on your Samsung device. To select a tone, simply tap on it to activate.
- Tap on Settings.
- Press Sound and vibration.
- Select Default notification sound.
- Various notification tones will appear. Tap on the tone you want to play or select to activate it.
- Open Settings.
- Tap Sounds & vibration.
- Select Notification sound and vibration.
- Then choose the notification sound you want by simply tapping on it, and it will be activated automatically.
Note: In the Sound and vibration menu, you can also change the default sound of your ringtone and your System sound.
How to Use Custom Notification Sounds for a Specific App on Android
Apps usually have their notification sound or utilize your phone’s default sound.
However, you can customize the notification sound of individual apps to differentiate between the notifications from different apps just by hearing the notification sound.
To customize the notification sound of a specific app, follow the steps below:
- Go to settings.
- Scroll down to apps and click on them.
- Select the app for which you want to change the notification sound.
- Tap notifications.
- Scroll down and toggle the other notifications button to the right, and press on it.
- Press on Sound (different tones will appear)
- Tap on the tone you like to activate it for that app.
How to Use Custom Notification Sounds for Individual Contacts
In social media apps like Instagram, Whatsapp, Messenger, e.t.c, you have the same notification sound for every chat by default.
However, you can change the notification sound of an individual chat by following the steps below:
- Open the App.
- Then search and open the contact.
- Press on the contact name in the top left corner.
- Select custom notifications and enable them.
- Then open the notification tone (here, you will see all the notification tones your phone has).
- Select the one you want to activate by tapping on it.
How to Set a Custom Alert Sound in Settings
If you’re not satisfied with the notification sounds you have on your phone, you can add a custom sound by following one of the two methods below.
Create and Set Your Custom Sound Using a Voice Recorder
If you want to record and set up your sound as the notification sound of your phone or want to record any other sound for it, follow the steps below:
- Open your Voice recorder and record a sound (It can be anything you want).
- Name and save the recording.
- Go to file manager and tap on audio.
- Long press on the audio file you recorded, and from the bottom left corner, select move.
- Press the back button on the top left and search for the notification folder in the search bar.
- Tap on the notification folder to open it and press move here.
- Now go to settings.
- Find and open Sound and Vibration.
- Tap on notification sound and select your notification sound from the custom section.
Set Your Own Custom Sound Using Third-Party App
You can also use third-party apps to set a custom notification on your phone. These third-party apps provide thousands of notification sounds and set the notification sound on the phone with just a button press.
Here are the steps to set a custom notification sound on your phone using the Zedge app:
- Download and install the app from Google Play Store.
- Open the app, agree to the terms and conditions and give necessary permissions to the app.
- Tap on the three parallel lines on the top left corner and select notification sound.
- Press on the play icon to play different soundtracks and scroll till you find the perfect notification sound.
- Once you find the right one, click on it, press the download button, and select Set Notification to set that tone as your notification sound.
The notification sound on your phone makes you aware of the notifications you receive and can also be used to differentiate between notifications if you set up different notifications for separate apps and chats.
Now that you have learned how to change the notification sound on your android phone, it’s time to test it out for yourself and see how it makes your life easier.