Suppose you want to access Netflix videos, use Snapchat to access location-based filters, and hide your location when you play games available only in another country, like Pokemon Go. That might only be possible if you want to change location on Android. But do you know how you can do it?
GPS apps and VPNs can spoof your location on your Android phone. However, most GPS spoofing apps lack basic features and do not effectively change your IP address.
As a result, you may be banned from certain applications, or you may have your security compromised. In this interactive guide, I will show you how to change your Android device’s location and introduce you to some robust GPS and VPN applications.
Methods To Change Location On Android
- Change Location On Android With Free Fake GPS Location Apps
- Use VPN App To Change GPS Location On Android
- Change Location Though Dr. Fone’s Virtual Location
- Change Your Location On Android Through A Proxy Server
1. Change Location On Android With Free Fake GPS Location Apps
In this tutorial, we’re using Fake GPS Location since it’s easy to set up and contains a good user rating. No matter what App you choose, the settings should be the same.
1. Install Fake GPS Location Application
You do not need to root your phone to use or install these apps, as most smartphones support them without requiring technical expertise.
Following are the recommended applications you can use to change location on Android:
Fake GPS location by Lexa
With Lexa’s free app Fake GPS location, you can now change your location on Android without hassle. To make this feature work properly, you should turn off Google’s location accuracy as well as Google’s location sharing. In addition, Android 12 variants are not supported by this App.
Fake GPS Location Professional
Fake GPS Location Professional is another free tool designed to change location on Android devices. However, when starting, you will need to go to Settings and manually enter your location.
Fake GPS Location Spoofer
Fake GPS Location spoofer also comes in a premium version, but its free version also contains great features, so you don’t have to upgrade unless you’d like to use it in Android games. Furthermore, it works without rooting Android 6.0 and higher variants, but earlier versions require rooting.
These apps are convenient to use and available for free. As soon as you have chosen the right App for you, you need to download the App and install it on your device.
2. Enable Developer Mode
To access spoofed GPS signals, you need to enable “developer settings.” It is a hidden menu within Android that offers a wide range of customization options.
Turning on developer settings isn’t a bad idea. Because we’re only using it to change location on Samsung, enabling developer mode settings is hassle-free.
However, some options in the developer setting are default hidden to avoid glitching your phone if you are unaware of its use. Although they are reversible, it is important to use them safely.
The following are the steps you need to take to enable the developer option:
- Select the Settings menu on your Android phone.
- From the above menu, select More.
- Look down the menu until you find the About device option. Then click on it.
- You will need to navigate to the Build number.
- Tap 7 times on the Build number to see the hidden developer option.
Note: In some devices, the developer settings are already enabled, and you don’t need to follow these steps.
Keep reading our guide; I will show you how to make your phone send a fake GPS location instead of your actual location.
3. Activating Mock Location
It will now be possible for you to see the hidden Developer option and allow mock locations in your mobile phone settings. Learn how to set up your fake GPS as the default location tool for your device. See below how you can do it:
- Return to the Settings menu on your mobile device.
- You can find the Developer options below or above About phone. Click on it.
- After that, you need to tap on the box next to Allow mock location.
- In the next step, you will need to set your location.
Note: Some devices have a Select Mock Location App option, so you need to open it and select the desired App you want to change location on Android.
4. Place Your Spoof Location
This portion will show you how to change location on Android using the Fake GPS Location app. These apps differ slightly, but the instructions are the same no matter which smartphone you use. Here are the steps:
- Open the GPS app you have installed.
- Your finger controls the slider, so you can move it to the location that you would like to set. Alternatively, if you want to specify the exact location, you can type the location’s name in the search bar above. Then it would help if you hit Enter to set the spoofed location.
- Once your location has been set, tap the Play icon. After that, your new location becomes active.
You can watch a quick ad after locating the crosshairs over the target location and clicking the Play icon. After the ad ends, you can either disable the joystick or let the App run in the background.
5. Test That The GPS Location Spoofed Correctly
You must ensure that you have successfully spoofed your location on Android correctly. The quickest way to find your current location is to search for “my location,” which will display on Google Maps. If an app doesn’t function correctly, open it up and verify if it offers features like Geofilters or restaurant suggestions.
You should remain optimistic even if you are having trouble using the App. If the App doesn’t work, check to spoof again and then try another app to see if it isn’t the first one. Keep troubleshooting if you encounter any major issues relating to GPS spoofing, and ensure your device has a GPS signal.
2. Use VPN App To Change GPS Location On Android
VPN software covers up our IP addresses, which reveal a few details about our area of residence, so changing our GPS location isn’t as straightforward as switching Netflix regions.
Therefore you need to purchase and install a VPN that allows us to change your Android location.
Many VPNs on the market claim to spoof GPS on Android, but only a few work.
To fake location on Android devices, here are the three most recommended VPNs:
With NordVPN, there is no built-in spoof GPS tool like ExpressVPN, so managing two apps to fake locations (ExpressVPN and NordVPN) will be challenging. If you are fine with using a fake GPS app with NordVPN, you should try it if you’re hunting for the finest VPN value for your money.
- Go to the Play store and download the Nord VPN APP.
- Tap to open the application once it has been installed.
- Upon opening the application, you will see its main menu.
- Press the Log In to get signed up.
- You will be prompted to enter your NordVPN credentials, then select the log-in icon.
- On your first log-in, you will see a message about the CyberSecurity feature available on the site. You can activate this function by choosing the button Enable CyberSecurity.
- The next step is to select Quick Connect to connect with the server.
- Then the default Android warning message for VPN connections appears. Choose Continue at the bottom to proceed.
- Mark the checkbox that appears to trust the application.
- When the map is displayed on your screen, you can tap on any pin to choose a specific country.
- After that, press QUICK CONNECT to link to a server from one of those countries.
- When the connection is successful, a green bar will appear in the application indicating the connection has been successful.
Now you can safely and easily change location on Android with NordVPN to browse the internet privately and securely.
Speed is ExpressVPN’s strongest suit, and it has over 3000 servers in 94 countries to reroute your data. However, you will need a fake GPS app and this VPN to change and maintain your location privacy on Android. Apart from its drawback, ExpressVPN offers the features you would expect from a reliable VPN service, including private DNS servers and a range of protocols.
- You must go to the Google Play Store and search for the ExpressVPN App.
- Click the Install button.
- Open the App once the installation has been completed.
- You will need to enter your credentials and hit the Sign-in button.
- You will be asked if you would like to help ExpressVPN improve in the future. Make the choice that is most suitable for you to continue. The settings can also be changed anytime within the App if you wish.
- Your approval is required for ExpressVPN’s connection request. To proceed, push the OK button.
You can experience an enhanced level of privacy and security while using the internet with ExpressVPN. With this App, you can change location on Android anonymously.
Unlike many VPN services, SurfShark offers a built-in GPS fake location changer. With its virtual location IP address, you can divert your traffic to any location in the world.
Thus, users will be able to change location on Android at any time with ease. It is not only an internet security tool that protects your online activities, but it also comes with many premium features.
- Download the SurfShark app from the Google Play Store
- Could you tap on the app to open it?
- If you want to test SurfShark for free for seven days, tap on Start Free Trial. If you are an existing user, select Log-in at the bottom right corner.
- Now enter your SurfShark credentials and press the Log-in button at the top-right corner of the screen.
- The 1st connection option: If you wish for the App to connect you to the fastest server available quickly, tap Connect.
- For the 2nd connection option: If you wish to switch to the default Quick connect server, choose the three-line icon beside the Fastest server.
- Now choose the Fastest Server or the Nearest Country to change location on Android.
- Once you have done this, press Connect.
- Select OK when SurfShark VPN asks permission to accept your connection request for the first time.
- The connection status should appear if your connection is successful. Otherwise, choose the disconnect button if you want to change the VPN server manually.
- Tap the locations icon and choose your preferred country from the list.
Besides location spoofer on Android, SurfShark VPN offers amazing features, such as CleanWeb, which blocks ads and pop-ups and protects you from malware. Moreover, if you wish to exclude specific applications and websites from being able to connect via VPN in the future, you can make use of the Whitelist feature in it.
3. Change Location Though Dr. Fone’s Virtual Location
You can change location on Android with one fingertip using Dr. Fone’s Virtual Location application. The Virtual Location can be used in various apps, not only in games but also in social media networking apps, dating apps, and real-time navigation apps so that you can fake your location.
With its Joystick mode, you can simulate GPS movements as well as program routes with the help of its GPX files. To better understand how this App works, follow the steps below:
Note: To perform this task, you will need an Android device, a PC, and a USB cable.
- You must open the Dr. Fone Virtual Location program on your computer.
- Select Virtual Location from the main interface of the program.
- You will need to connect your Android device to your computer with a USB cable to work with it.
- After that, you will see the Virtual Locations page. Click on Get Started to begin.
- Dr. Fone Virtual Location displays the actual android location on the map in the next window. Otherwise, select the Center On icon in the lower right corner of the screen if you find that the indication of the location is incorrect.
- You can change the GPS location on your Android phone by choosing the Teleport mode icon in the third one in the top right corner of the screen.
- Enter the desired location in the top-left section of the PC’s window.
- Then tap on Go.
- Now you can change location on Android by clicking the Move Here icon.
Dr. Fone’s Virtual Location doesn’t require you to follow complicated steps, and it works with any Android 6.0 or higher device (essentially any new or old Android smartphone). You can change location on Android devices, Windows, and Mac computers with Dr. Fone’s Virtual Location.
4. Change Your Location On Android Through A Proxy Server
Using a proxy server, you will fake your location on your Android phone to access websites and services. Instead of seeing your IP address, the page will see this server as the visitor.
You can also use it the same way as a VPN, but it will not encrypt any traffic. Furthermore, a proxy server’s technical connection isn’t as advanced as a VPN, which results in slower speeds.
To create a proxy server for Android, please follow these instructions:
- Open your Android device and navigate to the Settings menu.
- Choose Wi-Fi from the menu.
- Hold down the name of your Wi-Fi network.
- Click Modify Network Configuration.
- Check the box beside Show advanced options.
- Select the Proxy option from the menu.
- Then click Manual.
- You will now need to enter the Proxy hostname and the Proxy port number.
- You can also select Proxy Auto-Config and type the PAC URL there.
- Click on Save and then check your IP address.
With this interactive guide, you will understand how simple it is to change location on Android; it’s easy to do confidently. The above GPS and VPN apps are excellent for spoofing your locations. Try out the free version or if you like some additional features, opt for the premium.
Furthermore, Dr. Fone’s Virtual Location is also the best, but you must connect your phone to a PC via USB. Give it a try if you are comfortable with it. Now you can enjoy playing your favorite games like pokemon go, watching your favorite videos on Netflix, and making your own Snapchat spoof by spoofing yourself while using these applications.