Are you bored of the same discord default background? You can showcase your style and give to change discord background an aesthetic appeal in the simplest way.
Discord is the go-to platform for everyone to talk, from gamers to art and programming.
You’re not alone. You’ve about 140 million active friends waiting to hear your rant at a moment’s notice.
However, what bores most people in Discord is the custom default background. But don’t worry, even though Discord isn’t versatile, we have gathered some of the best methods to change discord themes.
Let’s see how you can change the look and feel of Discord into something tailored for your needs.
Changing your Discord Background on a PC
- Open the Discord application on your PC by searching Discord in the search bar.
- Select the gear option labeled “User Settings” at the bottom of the left pane.
- Click “Appearance” under “App Settings.”
- Choose “Dark,” “Light,” or “Sync with your PC” from the “Theme” option.
- Click “Esc” to return to the Home screen, where the selected theme will be implemented.
The dark mode is the default discord theme. You can change it to a light theme and other appearances of Discord.
A Guide to Creating Your Custom Theme for Discord
Creating a custom theme in discord is challenging but worth it. It is because Discord does not have built-in theme support.
To open the world of customization, you have to install BetterDiscord. But first, let’s see what BetterDiscord is.
What is Better Discord?
BetterDiscord is a tool that extends the functionality of Discord by letting you add extra features.
It is a third-party application created by fans to give Discord the functions that aren’t present in the manufacturer edition.
Why should I use BetterDiscord?
People use BetterDiscord due to the following reasons.
- Downloading Themes and customizing them using CSS injections
- Using Emotes such as Twitch, FFZ, and BBTV
- Adding Plugins and other add-ons and customizing them
- Browsing using an in-client server browser
How do I install BetterDiscord?
- Visit the BetterDiscord website to get started, or visit the BetterDiscord Github page to obtain the most recent version of the software.
- Then, download the BetterDiscord installer compatible with your computer’s operating system.
- After downloading the installer to your computer, run it and click next on the License Agreement page.
- Then, select the ‘Install BetterDiscord’ option and continue with the installation procedure.
- Finally, you will receive notification that the installation has been completed successfully. Choose between Windows, macOS, and Linux.
- Launch Discord as usual, and a popup containing the BetterDiscord patch notes should appear. You have now installed the custom application.
Ensure the original version of Discord is installed on your computer.
How do I install custom themes with BetterDiscord?
- Start by navigating to the desktop application for Discord and clicking the settings button next to your avatar in the lower-left corner of the screen.
- Next, pick Themes under BetterDiscord on the left and click ‘Open Theme Folder.’
- This will open a folder in Windows Explorer, where you must place the downloaded.css theme file. The pathway looks like this:
- Then, copy and paste the Discord theme file that you previously prepared or downloaded into this folder.
- Now open the Discord application and toggle the switch to activate the newly-pasted theme.
- After enabling the theme, you will immediately observe that the custom theme has been applied to Discord.
- However, if you do not observe the change, try restarting the Discord application.
How do I change my Discord Video Background?
Discord Video Backgrounds will apply when you video calls on Discord. You can use a Background Blur or opt for custom Discord Preset Backgrounds.
- Go to User Settings by clicking on the cogwheel icon in the bottom left corner.
- Choose Voice and Video in the left-hand panel
- Scroll down until you see the Video Setting heading.
- Select the Video Background that you prefer.
- Additionally, you should turn on the Always Preview Video button to see your video before saving the settings.
You can also select a custom video background by clicking on the Custom button. Upload the jpeg or png file with a size up to 10MB.
Use a Green Screen if you want a crisp and clear background.
How to Change Your Background in Discord on an Android Device
Here’s how you can customize Discord on Android Device as it does not support BetterDiscord.
- Launch the Discord application
- Tap the “User Settings” gear icon at the bottom
- Choose “Appearance” in the “App Settings” menu
- Finally, select your preferred theme.
So how does it look? If it doesn’t look great, change your background theme once again and see what works best for you.
Here’s How You Can Change Discord Background on an iPhone
iPhone OS is also not compatible with BetterDiscord. So, you will have to follow these steps to change your background on an iPhone
- Open the Discord App from the home screen
- Click on the User Settings button at the bottom right
- Select “Appearance” under the “App Settings” header
- Now, click on the preferred theme and select your appearance
There you have it. Your Discord now has all those colors and icons you wished for.
All in all, Discord’s background can be changed in two ways. Either navigate the Appearance menu in the Settings option or use the BetterDiscord application.
The BetterDiscord app and the software can be used on PC only.
Download and install the application and then change the Discord Menu settings.
And there you have it enjoy your new Discord theme!
Frequently Asked Questions & Answers
How Safe Is It To Change The Discord Background Theme?
In general, changing the Discord background is safe. If you change the appearance of the app’s interface, then there is no issue whatsoever. However, BetterDiscord is a third-party application, so you should be cautious. You should download themes from the official servers.
Can You Change Discord’s Background?
Discord Background can be changed simply. Go to Settings< Appearance< Theme to change Discord appearance.
How To Change The Discord Server Background?
To change Discord server background:
Open the Discord app’s user settings
Scroll to App Settings and click Appearance
Select Light or Dark Theme according to your choice
Alternatively, you can download BetterDiscord to change the server background
How Do I Change The Background On A Discord Webcam?
Discord Users can change Discord Webcam Background by.
Click on the cog wheel in the bottom left corner and go to User Settings.
Choose Voice and Video in the left-hand panel
Swipe down to the Video Settings section
Turn on the “Always Preview Video” option, and under the Video Background header, select the theme you prefer.