An alarm clock is old-school. Today, most of the tech world sets an alarm ringer and alerts on their mobile phones. Haven’t we all seen that meme where an iPhone alarm startles a guy awake from a deep slumber? Everyone with an iPhone would have been there many times in their life.
This can be quite annoying when you have to wake up to a blaring alarm in the morning. It is quite frustrating even when the alarm volume is inaudible. Loud alarm volumes can give you a morning headache and a low alarm volume can put you off schedule.
This article is about how you can adjust the alarm volume on your iPhone.
Setting an alarm on your iPhone
Before we get into adjusting the alarm volume on your iPhone, we’ll start with the basics; setting an alarm on your iPhone.
Steps to set a wake-up alarm if you utilize an iPhone:
- Launch the Clock app on your iPhone.
- Tap the Alarm tab to open it
- Tap the Plus sign to add an alarm.
- Specify the time when you want to be roused from your slumber.
- You can also set up a repeating alarm, name the alarm, set an alarm ringtone, and enable or disable the snooze option, in this window.
- Once everything is to your preference, touch the Save button on the top right part of the screen.
Alarms with Siri
Siri is a user-friendly AI assistant that is exclusive to iOS users. People with iDevices can use Siri to set an alarm. This is the easiest method to set an alarm on an iPhone as this does not even require you to touch the phone or open the Clock app.
Asking Siri to set alarms for you
One, simply, has to acknowledge Siri to initiate the Voice command process with a “Hey, Siri!”. Siri produces a small beep and displays a colorful swirling orb at the bottom of the screen. This means that the AI is listening for your voice command. You can now ask the assistant to set alarms on your iOS device.
Some acceptable commands include:
- “Wake me up at 6 am”
- “Show me my alarms”
- “Set my workout alarm”
- “Set an alarm three hours from now”
Editing alarms on Apple handsets
If you wish to correct a mistake that was made when you set an alarm, you can always edit it.
Steps to be followed when you wish to edit alarms:
- Open the Clock app on your iPhone.
- Touch the Alarm tab.
- On the top left corner, Tap the Edit option.
- Choose the alarm you want to edit and make the necessary changes.
- Tap Save when you are done.
Deleting an alarm on Apple phones
If you do not want an alarm to ring anymore, you can delete it before it goes off.
Steps to delete an alarm on iPhones
- Open the Clock app on your iPhone.
- Touch the Alarm tab. From here, there are three ways to delete an alarm
- Select the Edit option, tap the minus icon and touch Delete.
- Tap the alarm, swipe left to Delete.
- Touch Edit, select the alarm, and tap Delete alarm.
Bedtime tracking is a very useful feature that monitors the amount of sleep you are getting because Apple Inc cares for its users. This health-conscious feature ensures that you get a healthy amount of rest and alerts you with an alarm when you connect to your Apple Watch.
Set up Bedtime tracking on your Apple iPhone
- Launch the Clock app.
- Tap the Bedtime tab.
- Select Get Started and configure the settings the way you desire.
- Tap Done, when you are.
Editing Bedtime Tracking settings
Users can switch the settings for the Bedtime Tracker to their comfort.
Steps to Edit Bedtime Tracking Settings
- Launch the Clock application on your iPhone and open the Bedtime tab.
- In the Schedule section, touch Bedtime or Wake up.
- Tap and drag the bedtime icon (Floating Zs). When this is done, the UI updates the Sleep reminders and Wake up alerts.
- In the Days of Week Active section, select the days when you wish to receive alerts. The Orange colored days denote that they are active.
Viewing Sleep History
There is no use in enabling Bedtime tracking if you do not intend to view your rest data.
In the Bedtime tab in your Clock app, you can scroll down till you see your rest Analysis, which displays your Sleep History.
Adjust the iPhone alarm sound
It took some time to get here because it is important to understand the previously stated settings to understand and fix the iPhone alarm sound.
Ways to turn on Alarm Volume
There are two ways to control the iPhone alarm sound and set it to your comfort.
Change the alarm volume on an iPhone via Settings
Users can change the alarm volume through the phone settings this way.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap the Sounds & Haptics option.
- Above the Ringer and Alerts toggle switch, you’ll notice a slider. Sliding it to the left will reduce the alert sound volume. While moving it to the right will increase the sound volume.
- You will hear your ringtone play with the new volume changes.
The Volume buttons offer volume control features as it is the obvious and main purpose of its presence on the side of the phone.
You can adjust the volume and make a sound change with buttons on the phone side, with these steps.
- Go to Settings on your Apple iPhone.
- Tap on the Sounds & Haptics options.
- Under the Ringer and Alerts slider, touch the Change with Buttons toggle switch to turn it on. This will let you adjust the ringer volume with the volume side buttons.
- Close the Settings app on your device and open the Clock application.
- Create a new alarm or select an available alarm.
- Open the alarm’s sound tab.
- Tap to play any sounds. Now, press the volume side buttons to see the volume adjustments on your devices.
These are the two methods for people with Apple devices to change the iPhone’s alarms’ sounds when they are too loud or too low.
The reason behind the addition of the alarm feature on every iPhone and other device is to eliminate the use of alarm clocks and also to wake people up on time. The sounds of the alarm can be very loud. A loud volume is not something anyone wants to wake up to.
This is why you can adjust the alarm volume on your device. This article covers everything you need to know about the alarm volume on your iPhone. Visit the Apple site for more details.
Do check out our article on how To Fix The Dreaded iPhone is Disabled Error
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I change the volume on my alarm?
There are two ways to change the alarm volume on your iPhone.
Through the Settings
With the Volume buttons
Does phone volume affect alarm?
The Phone volume is different from the iPhone alarm volume. This means that the alarm volume will not change if the phone volume is changed. There are separate settings for phone volume and alarm volume.
Why is my iPhone alarm suddenly so loud?
When the ringer volume is lower than the audible level, the loudness of your iPhone may be excessive. Settings allow you to alter this.
Why is my phone alarm not loud?
A glitch turns the alarm volume down. You can fix this in the iPhone’s Sounds and Haptics setting.