Are you running into an issue like discord no game sound? It means when you use audio call on Discord no sound in-game is heard. This guide will help you fix any problem if you can’t hear anyone on discord. This is your one-stop solution, so let’s begin!
Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) exists for as far as we can recall. People were one of these whether it was Skype, TeamSpeak, or some other tool.
Yet, Discord thrived and surpassed all the competition to stand as the top choice today.
The connection with gamers and content creators with ease of use made it such a popular platform.
But, it doesn’t mean that you can’t run into an error. You might see a discord green circle but no sound output in a call.
Maybe you are running into Discord video call no sound or discord headset no sound error. These errors are common for many tools, so let’s diagnose and fix the Discord for you:
Solutions For Can’t Hear Anyone On Discord
- Check The Server Status
- Check For Problem On Your End
- Check The Volume Mixer
- Check For Updates Or Reinstall Discord
- Set The Default Audio Device
- Use The Legacy Audio Subsystem In Discord
- Try Changing The Server Region
- Reset Discord Audio Settings
- Run Discord As Administrator
- Check Your Audio Drivers
10 Solutions For Discord Phone App No Sound And Discord App Has No Sound
1. Check The Server Status
Before you start digging deep into the solutions, try to check the Discord’s uptime. It is a rare event, but Discord can go down from time to time. There’s an official Discord website to keep you up to date with the server status.
This platform shows you different servers and their functions. You can see Audio, Search, and many other options there. So, you can check it out whenever you’re in doubt.
Typically, the Discord servers are well-maintained. But, if there is an outage or server problem, you will see it on the website.
2. Check For Problem On Your End
Next, you should check and see if there is any problem from your end. For this, you can check your sound devices. See if your headphones and mic are working properly.
Unplug and replug them if you have to and restart your PC. Check your internet connectivity. Is it working fine?
Similarly, when you’re connected to a call, you can see the Discord Connection Status. It is near your username and icon. You can click on it to see the status. If it is green, everything should be fine.
While you’re connected to a call, don’t forget to check if you used the mute or deafened option. It is a new feature and people might not get used to it easily. So, it is worth checking out.
3. Check The Volume Mixer
As you know, Windows PC has a Volume Mixer. It works separately from the built-in sound controls. You can find many apps and even your browser listed there. Usually, more apps are added to the mixer list, if you have them active. So, follow these steps:
- At the bottom-right corner, find the Speaker icon in the task menu.
- Right-click on it and select the Open Volume Mixer option.
- This will show you all the apps that are currently active with their volume control.
- Check the Discord’s volume bar and make sure that it is not muted.
4. Check For Updates Or Reinstall Discord
Another option for you is to check for the updates Discord might have. Even though it is a well-versed platform, it receives frequent updates. So, it is worth checking at least once a month. New features are always getting implemented on the list.
Many updates also come with glitches and bugs. Others could also fix them. So, make sure to update because sometimes outdated Discord doesn’t with updated Discord.
But, if that solution doesn’t work, you might have to reinstall the Discord. This will give you to update version and also solve any other problems.
Nobody wants to go through the trouble of reinstalling an app. But, in most cases, it can help you save a lot of time. If you don’t want to try different steps to solve the issue, it is a great solution. All you have to do is:
- Go to the Search bar in your Task Bar and find Control Panel.
- Launch it and go to Programs and then Programs & Features option.
- In the list, select Uninstall A Program.
- Find Discord in the list, right-click on it, and select Uninstall/Remove.
- If you can’t find it there, go back to the Search Bar. Find apps.
- In the Apps list, you will certainly find Discord. Remove it from there.
After that, visit the official Discord website. There, you will see the option to download it. But, you can also use it on the browser, if you’d like. Either way, download it and reinstall it.
5. Set The Default Audio Device
Often, Windows run into an error where it would reset the default device. This can happen for countless reasons, but you can fix it. All you need to do is follow these steps:
- In the bottom-right corner, find the Speaker icon and right-click on it.
- Select ‘Open Sound Settings.’ This will open a new window for you.
- Check if you have selected the right output device. Then check for volume and other aspects. If everything is fine, scroll down.
- Select ‘Sound Control Panel’ from Related Settings.
- It will show you various playback devices you might have connected. Check and see if you have the right one selected. Is it readable? If so, then it should work.
- Right-click on the device name and select ‘Set As Default Device.’
- If you can’t select the option, then the device is not connected properly.
- Make sure to then go to the Recording tab. See if you can find your Mic in the options.
- If not, then find the ‘View Disabled Devices option. Then, enable them and select the default recording device.
Make sure that you do it for the device that is connected and you plan on using it.
Just like your Windows, the Discord also has an option for Input and Output devices. You will find them in the same Audio & Video setting. The list should be at the top.
You will also find a slider there to shift the volume up and down. If both Input and Output are set to Default, they will use the ones Windows is using. But, if they are set to a specific device, they need that device to work. So, make sure to change it and try the new settings whenever you can.
6. Use The Legacy Audio Subsystem In Discord
Discord can cause problems with hardware compatibility. Discord comes with its own subsystem for the latest audio. Thus, the hardware components might not always work. It is a rare problem, but one that can persist. If you’re using older hardware, it is a common issue. Try this solution:
- Open Discord and in the bottom-left corner, look at the ‘Gear’ icon. It is the settings option next to your name.
- Click on it and go to Voice & Video Settings. You will find most options there to check your Discord sound and make sure that everything is fine.
- If everything is fine, scroll down to the ‘Audio Subsystem’ option. There should be a drop-down menu option. Click on it and select Legacy from the list.
- You might get a prompt that will ask if you want to change the subsystem. Click OK.
- Press CTRL + R to refresh Discord and then restart it after saving the settings
7. Try Changing The Server Region
Changing the server region can work in two cases. If you’re having a connectivity issue, then you can change the server. Second, if you have a down server in your region, you can give it a try. Some servers work better for certain ISPs, so it is worth checking out:
There are two ways to do it, so keep note.
The first way is when you’re in a call with someone on Discord.
- Once you start the call with someone, look at your Discord screen. In most cases, at the top-right corner of the Discord Call Screen, you will see a Server name.
- If your drop down on it, you can select another server from there. It will impact your call for a moment, but you can check different servers.
Now, when you do this, one setting might work for you but not your friends. Unfortunately, when you do this, it will affect everyone on the call with you.
The second method is to create a Discord Server and change its region.
- Once you create a new server or have a pre-existing server on Discord, go to Server Settings.
- You will find the Region option right where you have a Name change and other options. Thus, you can change the server region from there.
Make sure to save the settings before you exit. Now check and see if this works for you and others.
8. Reset Discord Audio Settings
This is one of the easiest options to follow. If you’ve tried everything else, then go to Discord’s settings again. You will have to go to the Audio and Video option. There, you will have to scroll down to the bottom.
You will find a Reset audio setting option. Now, this is a great option if you’ve tried everything else. This works better than reinstalling Discord. Why? Because Discord saves your settings with your Account.
Even if you reinstall Discord, your account settings will persist if you log in with the same account. Thus, you will have to use this reset button. Once you use it, relaunch Discord and see if it fixes your audio problems.
9. Run Discord As Administrator
It could be that your Discord is lacking some permissions. Regardless of what you’ve tried, you might have to go too deep to solve it. So, a better option to grant Discord the necessary permissions is by launching it as an Admin. For this you can:
- Find the Discord icon and right-click on it. You will find the ‘Run As Administrator’ option. Once you do that, a pop-up might prompt, enable it. If your Admin permission has a password set, you might have to provide it.
- Either way, once you launch Discord as Administrator, see if you have clarity for audio. If others are audible now, you might want to make this a permanent change. After all, nobody wants to right-click and Run As Admin again.
- If you have Discord set to start with the Startup, you can definitely use the next settings.
- Right-click on the Discord icon and go to properties. Find the Compatibility tab.
- In the Compatibility tab, you will see the ‘Run this program as an administrator option. It could be something similar. Check on it.
- Then apply the settings and click OK.
- Exit and relaunch Discord. Now, it will always launch with Admin permission.
It is not wise to grant Discord the admin permission for too long. So, you might want to find another permanent solution for this issue. For the time being, it will work just fine.
10. Check Your Audio Drivers
If none of the solutions worked so far, then it all comes down to this last option that you have. The drivers are responsible for the software and hardware communication.
In simple words, if you have the correct driver, your hardware will work. Otherwise, it won’t work regardless of what you try.
That’s why each manufacturer provides you with their driver for the hardware. Either that or the hardware can work with something you already have. So, the point is, it’s time for you to check your audio drivers and try various options:
- Open the Device Manager. For this, you can search for it in the Search Bar. You can also right-click the Start Menu button and select Device Manager from there. Another option is to press Windows Key + R and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and hit enter. Any of these options work as long as you get the Device Manager Running.
- Now, go to the respective driver option. It should be ‘Sound, video and game controllers.’
- Expand the list and there, you will find the driver installed for your hardware.
- Right-click on your device’s driver and select properties. Now, go to the Driver tab.
- The driver tab has various options like Disable/Enable, Roll Back, Update, Uninstall, and so on.
- Select ‘Enable’ if you see it because that means the driver was disabled. You can also disable and then enable the driver as a way of restarting it from the software’s end.
- Use the ‘Update Driver’ option if it is available. It means that there are some Driver Updates available. You can select the ‘Search For Drivers Automatically And Install’ option.
- If there aren’t any Driver Updates, you can check a rollback option. The roll-back driver option is useful when you have the latest updates and they don’t work with your PC.
- You can also try to uninstall and then reinstall the drivers to see if that fixes the problem.
In case your driver doesn’t update automatically, there’s another way. You can visit the Manufacturer’s website for your hardware. Put in the model number and they will most likely have a driver. If you’re unsure about the device’s details, you will find it in the driver’s properties.
Here are some other drivers that you should check and perform the same action for:
- Sound card drivers
- USB Controllers (if you’re using USB for Headsets, Mic, or anything)
- Headset and other Audio Drivers
- Audio interface
Still No Luck For Discord Green Circle But No Sound? Try These:
These are the last resort to fix discord no sound or mix and headset discord with no sound. If you’ve tried everything else for a discord streaming screen with no sound, try these:
Use The Browser Version
Stop using the Discord app. Instead, go ahead and use the Browser version. It works just fine and has the same features and accessibility as the Discord app. All you need to do is visit the official website and log in to your account. Then, you can start using it immediately. It is that easy.
The browser version is a great choice for when you run into problems with your app. But remember, the browser version doesn’t work well on the Phone. So, you might have to use the discord app on a mobile phone or iOS.
This should be your last resort if nothing else worked out for you. Reinstalling Windows means taking a big step. Do it if you think that your headphones are working just fine.
Use your headset on other devices. If you can’t seem to make them work for Discord after all the solutions, you can reinstall the Windows.
Often, if you run into such a severe problem, you can check it by running other audio options. You can use discord vlc no sound, Youtube, and many other apps to check out your audio performance.
If you end up with no luck, you can indeed go ahead and reinstall Windows.
But before that, try and use the Audio troubleshooter:
- Open Control Panel
- In the top-right box, search for ‘Troubleshooter’ option.
- Enter it and find the Audio troubleshooter.
- If you don’t find it there, right-click on your Speaker’s icon in the taskbar.
- There, you will see the Audio Troubleshooting option.
See if this fixes the issue, if not, then go ahead and reinstall windows.
Conclusion – Discord No Game Sound And Other Errors
Now you have a complete range of solutions for Discord streaming screen o sound. Some people ask that the mic work but no sound Discord error and this will fix it for you.
If you run into Discord chrome no sound or discord no notification sound, check the volume mixer. Apart from that, you have found the fixes for almost everything.
Go ahead and use this to fix discord no sound from others and many other issues. You can apply these for mobile discord no sound, as well. Hopefully, you found the best solutions available for you.
How Do I Enable Sound Permissions On Discord?
The audio and video options of Discord contain the Discord Sound Permissions. Check the notification settings if you want to repair the Discord notification sound but no notification. Additionally, it’s possible that you’ll need to look at the specific error settings on each server.
How Do I Fix No Hearing Sound On Discord?
For those times when Discord lights up, but there is no sound, there are numerous options. You can check your volume mixer and the devices that are set as default. If all is well, navigate to Discord’s Audio & Video options. There are a variety of options for setting the default devices and the volume slider in this section. Discord no sound notifications, games, and other difficulties may be solved by using these.
How Do I Enable Audio On Discord?
If you don’t want to use Discord’s built-in audio, you must first disable it. Please use the same procedure for disabling sound in Discord if you’ve done this. Just in case, you can also check the volume mixer and other parameters.
How Do I Enable Audio In Discord Browser?
When you open Discord, Google Chrome will be your default browser. As a result, Chrome may ask for audio permissions, such as access to the microphone. Google Chrome’s volume mixer can also be checked to see if it is working. Use this to enable audio in Discord Browser. It also functions in the same manner as the standard Discord app.