Snapchat Cameo is a fun and creative way to connect with people on the application. However, many users feel that the settings for the Snapchat Cameo feature are not quite clear.
So, if you too feel the same way, this article will help you out with a lot of Cameo stories functionality. But, our main focus will be on how to change cameos stories in Snapchat.
The Cameo feature was introduced to people back in 2019. This was seen as an upgraded version of Bitmojis. Using this feature, users can take a selfie and then apply it to various still images, GIFs, or short videos.
Moreover, you can also add your friend’s faces and that provides a unique dimension to your Snapchat conversations. Usually, setting up your Snapchat Cameos is pretty easy but customizing them can be a bit tough. That is where we hop in to help you out!
Keep reading to know how to take or replace your Cameo stories Snapchat pic, how to delete your Cameos, and so on.
What Is A Snapchat Cameo?
Snapchat Cameos can be thought of as short videos or GIFs that use deep-fake technology. You can exchange cameos with your contacts during a conversation just like Bitmojis.
In other words, it is the newer version of Bitmoji. The cameos are providing Snapchat users a better way through which they can express themselves in any conversation.
Using this new feature, you can take a selfie inside the Snapchat app. Then, the Cameo feature gives you several looped videos that you can use. Using Snapchat’s Cameos, you can insert your face into a celebrity’s body, turn yourself into anything, or even put your face on a meme.
The deep-fake-like technology can also stretch your face in different ways to make various facial expressions.
How To Create Cameos On Snapchat?
- Launch your Snapchat app and open a chat with any one of your contacts
- In the message window, tap on the face icon. Then, scroll down until you find the Cameos logo. It should appear as a double face outline.
- Next, click on the Cameos logo. Then, you will get a prompt to take a selfie. However, keep in mind that you don’t have to smile or frown while taking the picture. Otherwise, it will become difficult for Snapchat to change your facial expressions. That could ruin your Cameo Stories.
- Also, you can select a gender for your Snapchat Cameos. You’ll have two gender options to choose from, male or female. But, you can skip this step.
- Then, you’ll have to choose your body as per the two genders. You can also change your if you want to see how you’ll look like in an opposite gender’s body.
- Once you have clicked the selfie, you will start getting some Cameos displayed every time you open one of your chats. Now, you can choose any one of the suggestions that show up from the Cameos window.
- Snapchat offers you almost 150 Cameo videos to choose from. Moreover, you can also choose a multi-cameo and create a Cameo with your friends.
How To Change Your Cameo Selfie?
In case you don’t like the first selfie you took for your Cameos or if you have grown tired of it, don’t worry because you can delete it and retake a selfie. Follow the steps given below to retake your Cameo selfie:
- Open a chat with any one of your contacts
- Tap on the smiley face located in your message window
- Next, look for Cameos and then, click on More and then select New Selfie.
- Click your selfie and then, choose a gender for yourself.
Second Alternative Way To Change Your Cameo Selfie
- Open your Snapchat application and then, click a snap of yourself.
- Next, tap on the rectangular box located on the right side. It is the third option from the top of the list
- Tap on the smiley face that has a star. That should give you many previously created cameos.
- Now, tap on the New Selfie option located under the Enable Two-Person Cameos option
- Tap on the Create My Cameo option.
- Then, take a couple of selfies until you are satisfied with one. Now, you have to choose your gender and that’s it.
Third Alternative Way To Retake Your Cameo Selfie
There is yet another way to retake or edit your Snapchat cameo photos. This method is a bit different from the first two methods. Here, you need to delete your Snapchat Cameo selfie first, and then, you can retake another. You can go for this one if the first two methods are not working for you.
How Can You Add Text To Your Cameos Stories Snapchat?
Snapchat also allows you to add text to your Cameos. However, keep in mind that if you change the text of one Cameo, then the text of your other Cameos will also be affected. This applies to both single and two-person Cameos. Follow the steps given below to add some text that suits your Cameo image:
- Open your Snapchat application and open any conversation.
- Tap on the emoji symbol from the chatbox.
- Now, you will see the Snapchat Cameo selfies you had taken earlier.
- Also, you should see text all over the Cameos created previously.
- Tap on the text area and enter some text before finalizing the Cameo.
How To Fix Snapchat Cameo Invalid Photo Error?
Sometimes, due to certain reasons, your Snapchat photo might say “Cameo invalid photo”. This can keep you from clicking selfies for your Cameo and using them. This is not a huge issue, so, don’t worry. You can easily fix this by following the tips given below:
- Check your network connection before clicking a selfie for updating your Cameo photo
- Try closing your Snapchat app and then, reopening it.
- Avoid wearing a face mask or other related things that hide your face.
- Refrain from using pre-made images for Cameo photo
- Don’t smile while clicking your Cameo selfie
- Log out from the Cameo app and then, re-login.
How To Delete Your Cameo Selfie?
The Cameo feature can be a great tool to play around with. However, if you don’t like your face plastered on a GIF or a meme, we understand. Usually, Snapchat Cameos of a person can be accessed by others they chat with.
If that’s something you are not comfortable with, we understand. Whatever your reason might be, the good news is that it’s incredibly easy and quick to delete your Snapchat Cameos.
So if you want to delete your Cameo selfie, here’s how to do it:
- Tap on My Profile and then, open the Settings menu
- Keep scrolling down until you find the Account Actions section
- Then, tap on the Clear My Cameos Selfie option
Note: Keep in mind that once you remove your selfie, you won’t be able to use the Cameos feature again unless you take a new selfie for your Cameo.
- Tap on Clear again
How To Save Your Snapchat Cameo Emojis
Just like Bitmojis, you get to save your Snapchat Cameos so that you can use them outside Snapchat as well. In order to save a Cameo from one of your chats, you just need to tap on it and then hold it. Then, tap on the Save to Camera Roll option. Now, you will be able to send the Cameo over to another social media network.
How To Feature Your Friends in Cameos
When you click a Selfie for your Cameos, Snapchat will offer you an option that allows you to take a two-person Cameo.
This way, you’ll be able to feature your friends and Snapchat contacts in Cameos and share them with the world.
In case you don’t want to allow all of your contacts on Snapchat to be able to create Cameos, then you can change that via Settings. Here’s how to do that:
- Navigate to My Profile and then, click on the Settings icon.
- Keep scrolling until you find the Who Can section
- Next, click the Use my Cameos Selfie
- Then, select one of the following options: Everyone, My Friends, or Only Me.
Note: Remember that choosing the Only Me option will disable you from making two-person Cameos.
- Also, the Snapchat users whom you have blocked won’t be able to create two-person Cameos with you regardless of whichever option you pick.
How To Report Inappropriate Cameos?
Snapchat Cameos are undoubtedly one of the liveliest features of Snapchat. You can play around with it along with your friends in any way you like. However, if you receive an inappropriate or strange Cameo on your chat, that is a point of concern.
An incident like so is often reported after you enable Two-person Cameos. Then, if you give permission to everybody to use your Snapchat Cameo selfie for their Cameos, that is when you might face this issue. The reason is that other people on Snapchat can use your Cameo photo via their two-person Cameo feature.
Fortunately, Snapchat allows you to report inappropriate Cameos sent to you. Here’s how to do it:
- Tap on the Cameo to open it
- Press and hold on the Cameo and click the white flag icon
- Then, file the report against the Cameo.
Restrict People From Using Your Snapchat Cameo
You can also restrict people from using your Snapchat cameo selfie but allow your friends to use them. Doing this will prevent strangers on Snapchat from using your Cameo photo. This is a great way to stay protected while using the Snapchat Cameo feature. Follow the steps given below to share your Snapchat cameo with only your friends:
- Go to Profile and tap on Settings
- Next, tap on Use My Cameos Selfie and then choose the My Friends option.
- This will enable only your friends on Snapchat to use your Cameo photo while making a two-person Cameo.
The Snapchat Cameo feature adds a unique twist to the entire social media game. Using funny features on images has revolutionized the way visuals work in cyberspace. Besides offering you several fun features such as lens, Bitmojis, and filters, Snapchat has now brought in Cameos which is another cool feature to help you bring more life to your conversations.
Hopefully, the above article has helped you with various functionalities of Snapchat and more.