The BCM20702A0 driver connects multiple Bluetooth components to your operating system. These drivers are installed on your system, but they may not function properly for various reasons.
The BCM20702A0 driver error occurs when the Bluetooth driver is faulty or missing. The issue is followed by the following error message when it happens.
BCM20702A0 This device’s drivers are not installed. This device does not have any drivers that are compatible with it.
The problem is most common on systems that don’t have local Bluetooth functionality and instead rely on a dongle.
Methods to fix BCM20702A0 Bluetooth Drivers Error
- Turn on/off Airplane Mode
- Restart Essential Bluetooth Services
- Restore Windows to an Earlier Point
- Use the Bluetooth Troubleshooter
- Manually Install Bluetooth Driver
- Installing the Broadcom Bluetooth driver
- Uninstall all the Bluetooth and USB Controller Drivers
1. Turn on/off Airplane Mode
Turning on ‘Airplane mode on your computer is one of the simplest workarounds for the issue. Bluetooth devices will not be able to interface with the OS once it is turned on.
- To access the system settings, press WINDOWS + I to access the ‘Airplane’ mode. Then, from the drop-down menu, choose ‘Network & Internet.’
- On the left, you’ll see several tabs connected to network settings. Navigate to the ‘Airplane mode’ tab.
- Then, on the right, click the toggle next to “Airplane mode” to enable it.
- Restart your computer after you’ve enabled the ‘Airplane’ mode.
- Disable the ‘Airplane’ mode by using the same procedure as before. Check if the problem has been resolved; if not, move on to the next step.
2. Restart Essential Bluetooth Services
Some critical Bluetooth services remain functioning in the background. However, some errors may occur, and reenabling the service may resolve the issue.
- To re-enable, go to the ‘Search Menu’ and type in ‘Services,’ then click on the result to open the app.
- Look for ‘Bluetooth Support Service‘ in the ‘Services’ app and double-click it to see its properties.
- If it isn’t already chosen, click the box next to ‘Startup type’ in the properties window and select ‘Manual’ from the drop-down menu.
- To turn it off, select the ‘Stop’ option and wait for the service to shut down. Click the ‘OK’ button at the bottom to save your changes and close the window when you’re finished.
- Open the ‘Bluetooth Support Service Properties’ windows again after restarting your computer.
- Then, under ‘Service status,’ click the ‘Start’ icon to restart the service. After it has continued, go to the bottom of the page and click ‘OK’ to save the changes.
- Check to see whether the BCM20702A0 driver error has been resolved or if you’re still getting the same error message. If it hasn’t been fixed yet, try the following method.
3. Restore Windows to an Earlier Point
If the error occurred after making any changes to the system, such as installing an application. You could restore Windows to a prior state. It can be accomplished via ‘System Restore.’
- To restore Windows, go to the ‘Search Menu’ and type in ‘System Restore,’ then click ‘Create a restore point.’
- Then, on the ‘System Protection’ tab of the ‘System Properties’ window that displays, click on ‘System Restore.’
- The ‘System Restore’ feature will now be available. To continue, click ‘Next’ at the bottom of the page.
- On the next screen, you’ll see a list of restoration points. Choose the option that corresponds to the period when the BCM20702A0 driver error first occurred.
- At the bottom of the page, click ‘Next.’
- It is a confirmation page where you may double-check all of the information before making any final adjustments. Finally, at the bottom, click ‘Finish’ to restore your system.
- Your computer will restart after the restore procedure is completed. It is recommended that you save any open files to avoid data loss.
- The BCM20702A0 driver error will be repaired after the machine restarts.
4. Use the Bluetooth Troubleshooter
You should start by running the Bluetooth troubleshooter. It determines if the problem can be fixed automatically. If a generic fault causes the error with your router driver. This program may automatically resolve the issue.
- To launch the Bluetooth troubleshooter on your Windows 10 computer, follow the steps below:
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialogue box.
- To open the Troubleshooting tab of the Settings app, type ‘ms-settings:troubleshoot‘ into the text box and hit Enter.
- Scroll down to the Find and fix more problems section once you’ve gotten into the Troubleshooting tab.
- From the newly appearing context menu, select Bluetooth before selecting Run the troubleshooter.
- Wait until the initial scan is finished before clicking Apply this remedy if a suitable repair solution is found.
- Check to see if your Bluetooth device works properly after restarting your computer.
- If you’re still having trouble, or this strategy didn’t work for you, scroll down to the next possible solution below.
5. Manually Install Bluetooth Driver
The BCM20702A0 driver can be installed in several methods, including manually or automatically. There is no one-size-fits-all solution; there is no one-size-fits-all solution.
- At the exact moment, press the Windows + R buttons on your keyboard. It will launch the Run application.
- Hit the OK button after typing devmgmt.msc. The Device Manager appears as a result of this action.
- Make a note of where your Bluetooth adapter is. It’s worth noting that it may appear as an Unknown device in some circumstances. It is typical, especially if you’re missing a Bluetooth adapter driver.
- Update the Bluetooth adapter’s driver by right-clicking on it.
- Select the alternative “Browse my computer for driver software” from the drop-down menu. It will replace a corrupted Bluetooth driver with compatible drivers.
- Input the name of the folder where the driver was saved. It is the default location for your Downloads folder.
- To manually install the BCM20702A0 driver, click OK and follow any subsequent on-screen prompts.
6. Installing the Broadcom Bluetooth driver
A missing or updated version of the Bluetooth driver is most likely to blame for the BCM20702A0 driver issue. Compatibility concerns with multiple Bluetooth drivers are well-known among HP laptop models.
By installing the whole Broadcom Bluetooth driver package, you should be able to resolve the issue.
- From your default browser, Broadcom Bluetooth devices driver (use Microsoft updater.)
- Right-click on the driver installer executable and select Run as administrator. To grant administrator privileges, select Yes from the UAC (User Account Control) menu.
- Follow the on-screen steps to start and finish the Bluetooth driver installation. You’ve arrived at the Broadcom Bluetooth Driver for Windows 10 screen.
- After the installation is ended, restart your machine and check if the problem has been resolved.
7. Uninstall all the Bluetooth and USB Controller Drivers
Uninstalling all Bluetooth drivers is the best next step. If you’re using a dongle, you’ll also need to delete the USB controllers. All the specific Bluetooth components should be deleted.
- Copy and paste devmgmt.msc after pressing Windows key + R. After pressing the Enter key. The Device Manager window should display.
- Scan for Bluetooth on the list, then click it to open a dropdown menu with more options. Select Uninstall from the context menu by right-clicking on each.
- Do the same as before in the Universal Serial Bus controllers area, but only uninstall the ones with Controller in their name.
- You may also remove the other Bluetooth drivers in the same way.
- When you restart your computer, Windows 10 will reinstall the drivers for you.
The majority of faults you encounter on Windows 10 can be simply fixed. You may merely fix the BCM20702A0 driver problem. Connect various Bluetooth devices at will using the different remedies listed above.
What is Broadcom’s driver?
The Broadcom Wireless LAN Driver for Windows 10 is included in this bundle. It downloads and installs the software required to use the following device. Broadcom BCM43227 wireless card (b/g/n). The software should be installed on computers that have at least 50MB of RAM.
How do I update my bcm20702a0?
Press the Windows and R at the exact moment on your keyboard. Click OK after typing devmgmt. msc. Locate your Bluetooth adapter (it may appear as an Unknown device), right-click it, and choose Update driver.
What is Broadcom BCM20702A0?
The Broadcom BCM20702A0 driver is required for some Bluetooth components. It communicates with your Windows 10 operating system. Microsoft will never offer native code to support every single piece of hardware available.
What is Broadcom BCM20702?
The Broadcom BCM20702 is a single-chip Bluetooth processor. It has an integrated 2.4-GHz RF transceiver with outstanding performance. It complies with Bluetooth 4.0 and all previous industry standards.