Bluestack has been a popular application among people for years. Bluestack does what is it allows its users to use the android applications over any computer system. But Lately, a lot of users have complained that Snapchat, which is also one of the most liked applications of today, is not working over Bluestacks. But why so? Let us understand why you face the Bluestacks Snapchat not working issue.
What causes Snapchat not to work on Bluestacks?
Reasons why Snapchat Not Working on Bluestacks Issue may occur due to the following reasons:
In most cases, the reason Snapchat is no longer working on BlueStacks is always related to No support, which means, The latest version of BlueStacks does not support Snapchat anymore. (usually, because the developers of Snapchat are not allowing it to run on the newer version of BlueStacks.)
Here are some of the methods you can use to get Snapchat to work again on BlueStacks.
- Revert to the Previous Version of Bluestacks
- Install Casper to use Snapchat on Bluestacks
- Use Snapchat Beta Mode
- Use other Android Emulator
- Change the Bluestacks or the Snapchat version
Fix for bluestacks Snapchat not working:
Solution 1: Revert to the Previous Version of Bluestacks
Reverting to the older version of BlueStacks is the first thing you would like to try as the issue is with the compatibility of Snapchat with the new version of BlueStacks.
You can easily fix Snapchat not working by simply uninstalling BlueStacks and downloading an older version where Snapchat used to work fine.
To uninstall and download the older version of BlueStacks, please follow the steps stated below.
- First, before installing the older version of BlueStacks, you must uninstall the current version you have installed on your system, so press the windows and R keys together to run the run utility.
- Now, type in
appwiz.cplin the search field and press enter.
- Here, locate BlueStacks and uninstall it by selecting it and clicking on uninstall.
- Now that you have uninstalled BlueStacks. You must download the older version and install it.
- You can download it by going to the link given here.
Solution 2: Install Casper to use Snapchat on Bluestacks
As we mentioned before, the developers of Snapchat are making changes to the application, thus making it not being able to work on emulators.
In this case, you can download and install Casper on your PC to prevent Snapchat from detecting the emulator(BlueStacks).
To download and install Casper on your PC. Please follow the steps given below.
- First, you must download Casper by going to this link.
- Now that you have downloaded Casper, Run BlueStacks.
- In BlueStacks click on the three dots at the upper right corner of the window and select “Install apk” from the list of options.
- Now, you will have to browse and go to the downloads folder to select the application you downloaded in the first step.
- Now that Casper is installed, open Casper and install the latest version of Snapchat on it.
Solution 3: Use Snapchat Beta version
The Snapchat beta application is just like any other application’s beta version where the developers are trying out new updates before officially releasing it for other users to constantly improve their services.
To download the beta version of Snapchat Open Snapchat On your phone and go to settings.
- In settings scroll down, find, and select the join Snapchat beta option under the “Advanced” heading.
- Now, download the application and open it on BlueStacks.
Solution 4: Use Anther Android Emulator
Rather than continuously trying to make Snapchat work on BlueStacks you would like to try out some other emulator which allows Snapchat to work just fine on it.
We would recommend you try out LDPlayer which is an amazing android emulator known for its highly customizable properties which allow the users to have control on all the basic Android settings. You can download the LDPlayer from the link provided here.
Change the Bluestacks or the Snapchat version
At last, if nothing seems working for you, then what you can do is to try updating the Bluestacks version or either the Snapchat Version to get it fixed.
Since a lot of applications have restricted their uses to android mobiles only. So simply just changing the emulator or even updating the versions might not help you in this case. But as always, you can try the above fixes to fix the issue for you.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How To Fix Or Enable The Snapchat Camera On Blustacks?
Installing an external camera on your Computer/laptop will be a great help.
What Causes Snapchat Not To Work On Bluestacks?
There is no particular reason for this issue, Snapchat no longer works on any emulators due to the developers of Snapchat not allowing it to be.
How To Fix Bluestacks Snapchat Not Working?
Installing the older version of BlueStacks will most likely fix this issue.