Black Desert Online Launcher is a sandbox-style fantasy. It is a multiplayer online role-playing game created by Pearl Abyss.
By early 2019, a mobile version called Black Desert Mobile had been released in Asia. Black Desert is the name of the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of the game. In various regions of the world, the game is available for free. Other editions, including the English-language editions, use a buy-to-play business model.
You’ll be able to practice your troubleshooting skills by playing the game. Black Desert Online report several issues, ranging from crashes to black screen issues to FPS dips.
Solutions To Fix BDO Failed To Read Launcher Version Error
- Black Desert Online Launcher Failed To Launch The Game
- Graphics Issues In BOD
- Black Desert Online Launcher Lags Or Disconnects
- Black Desert Online Launcher Crashes Or Freezes
- Fix FPS Drops In Black Desert Online Launcher
- Clear the Game Cache
- Delete The Xcorona File
- Perform Reinstall Of Black Desert Online
- Close Background Applications
1. Black Desert Online Launcher Failed To Launch The Game
When the launcher is unable to communicate with the server, this error is displayed.
A. Flush Your DNS And Clear TCP/IP
- Right-click on the Start and select Properties.
- Select Command Prompt from the drop-down menu.
- The Command Prompt Window in Windows will open. Press ENTER after typing ipconfig /flushdns.
- The following mail should arrive in your inbox.
- The DNS Resolver Cache was successfully flushed.
B. Change Your DNS To Google DNS
- In your system tray, right-click the network status symbol.
- On the context menu, select “Open the Network and Sharing Center.”
- Click the “Change adapter settings” link in the upper left corner of the “Network and Sharing Center” box.
- Right-click the connection in the “Network Connections” panel to access the DNS settings. On the context menu, select “Properties.”
- Pick “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP / IPv4)” from the list in the properties window. Select “Properties” from the drop-down menu.
- Fill in the IP addresses for the primary and backup DNS servers you’d like to use.
- Google DNS
- Preferred Address: 18.104.22.168
- Alternate Address: 22.214.171.124
- Preferred Address: 126.96.36.199
- Alternate Address: 188.8.131.52
C. Turn Off Your Proxy Setting
- Navigate to the Start Menu.
- Open Setting by searching for it.
- Select Network & Internet from the drop-down menu.
- Select Proxy from the left panel.
- Turn off the Automatically detect setting option under Automatic proxy setup.
- Disable the Manual Proxy Setup option. Make use of a proxy server.
- Restart your computer after closing the setting window.
D. The Black Desert Online Launcher Is Cannot Work
Incorrect proxy settings are commonly the cause of this issue. Launcher crashes should be avoided if your proxy settings are turned off. Problems with proxy servers are a pain. With the help of this advice, you can put a stop to them.
E. All That Can Be Seen Is The Game’s Background
Only the background is visible sometimes once you start the game. There are text boxes, no buttons, or other forms of information on this page.
- In the installation folder, replace the DGCefBrowser.exe file.
- The DGCefBrowser.exe file can be downloaded from Black Desert’s official support page.
- Then, in the same directory as the present DGCefBrowser.exe, copy the new file. When Windows prompts you, select Replace.
F. Bod Launch Errors 3rd, 901st, And 903rd
These crashes occur as a consequence of a network problem. Restart Launcher after refreshing your Internet connection.
G. Download Your Graphics Drivers
- To find Device Manager, go to the Start menu and type it in.
- Activate Device Manager.
- Go to Device Manager and select it.
- Look for an entry connected to your graphics card in the list.
- Select the graphics card entry with a double-click. Select Download/Update Driver.
- Select Automatically search for new driver software.
- You can also select a driver manually.
- Select Have Disk, then Browse. Go to the folder where the new drive is located.
- To install the driver, click Next.
2. Graphics Issues In BOD
The report by many players about the Launcher error received by BOD. The game could be affected by a variety of visual difficulties.
A. The Game Appears To Be Pixelated.
The Upscale option, which boosts game performance, is to blame for this issue. Turn off the upscale option to correct the pixel graphics.
B. Overlapping Windows And A Black World
It looks to be a graphics driver problem that primarily affects AMD GPUs. Downgrade the driver version to address the issue.
C. Non-Player Figures And Textures Keep Coming Up.
While moving throughout the world, textures, NPCs, and other random objects occasionally appear on the screen.
D. The Effects Of Other Players Cannot be Seen.
To increase FPS, Auto Frame Optimizer frequently removes other players’ effects. It is prevalent on low-cost gadgets. Simply off the “Auto Frame Optimizer” option in the Game Settings.
3. Black Desert Online Launcher Lags Or Disconnects
- Reduce all of your game settings by going to the Options menu and selecting Screen. Your machine barely passes the minimum system requirements. There will be a lot of lag in this instance.
- Install the most recent NVIDIA or AMD graphics driver upgrades.
- To save your computer’s resources, turn off any extra background programs.
- Switch to a cable connection if you’re utilizing a Wi-Fi connection to avoid packet loss. Install the most recent modem drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
- Your modem should be rebooted. Power cycling your modem might sometimes help. Remove the cable from the router/modem after turning down your PC.
- Wait thirty seconds before reconnecting your gadgets. Restart your computer and open Launcher.
4. Black Desert Online Launcher Crashes Or Freezes
When you press ALT + Tab in Launcher, it can cause the game to crash. The Windows 10 KB3197954 update is frequently to blame for this issue. Simply uninstall KB3197954 to resolve the problem.
Error 0xE19101A causes the game to crash. To resolve this issue, disable Driver Signature Enforcement in Windows 10.
- Follow these troubleshooting methods if Launcher crashes at random.
- As an administrator, you’ll be in charge of the game.
- Close any open programs in the background. Start Task Manager, now, go to the Processes and sort the processes by memory usage. Close any application that is consuming a large amount of memory.
- Reduce your video settings to medium if you’re using high ones.
- To fix corrupted game files, uninstall and then reinstall the game.
5. Fix FPS Drops In Black Desert Online Launcher
- Overlay apps such as MSI, Steam Overlay, AMD Gaming Evolved, Nvidia GeForce Experience, and others should be disabled.
- Reset the display settings in the game.
- Turn off the DVR option in the Game Bar. This function is present in Windows 10 and has been linked to several game-related difficulties.
- Go to and open the Registry Editor.
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/PolicyManager then defaultApplication/Management/AllowGameDVR
- Set the value to 0 and restart the computer.
- Change your computer’s power profile selection:
- To access Power Options, go to Control Panel >Power Options.
- Select Change battery parameters from the drop-down menu.
- Select the High-Performance profile from the drop-down menu.
- Your graphics drivers need to be updated.
- Enable full-screen windowed mode if the FPS is limited to 24 or 30.
- When your monitor is tagged as a TV in their code, this is a known issue with AMD / Nvidia drivers.
- Use the following values to alter the game’s graphical settings:
- High to Medium Graphics Quality (or lower)
- High to Medium Texture Quality (or lower)
6. Clear the Game Cache
A corrupted game cache frequently causes launcher crashes. You might try clearing the game cache to see if the crash is resolved. Here’s how to do it:
- Shut down the game, client.
- To access the File Explorer, hit the Windows logo key and E at the same time on your keyboard.
- Double-click the Black Desert folder under Documents.
- Press the Delete on the keyboard after selecting the UserCache folder.
- Go to the installation location for Black Desert Online (usually C:/Program Files(x86)/Black Desert Online). Then get rid of the Cache folder.
- To test the problem, restart the game. If the issue remains, continue reading for the next solution.
7. Delete The Xcorona File
For many gamers trapped in the same Black Desert Online crashing issue, deleting the xcorona file works. Give it a chance to see if this solution works for you as well.
- Go to the installation folder for Black Desert Online. Navigate to the “bin64,” “xc,” “na,” and “1” in the folder. Delete the file/folder xcorona.xem.
- Go to the installation folder for Black Desert Online. “bin64” “xc” “na” and then “2” in the subdirectory “bin64” “xc” “na” and then “2.” Remove the xcorona.xem file from your computer.
- Now check to see if your game is running smoothly and without any crashes. If the first two methods don’t work, try the third.
8. Perform Reinstall Of Black Desert Online
Everything else in the world couldn’t halt the never-ending crashing. It is recommended that you reinstall Black Desert Online.
- Open the Run box. Hold “Windows” key and “R” together on your keyboard.
- Click OK after typing “appwiz.cpl” in the area.
- Uninstall Black Desert Online by right-clicking it.
- Ensure to clear out any leftover files after you’ve uninstalled the software.
- To access the File Explorer, hit the Windows logo key and E at the same time on your keyboard.
- Then, in the top bar, put %appdata% and hit Enter.
- Remove the BlackDesertOnline folder from your computer.
- In the File Explorer’s top bar, type %localappdata% and hit Enter. Delete the BlackDesertOnline folder after that.
- Download Black Desert Online once more, and the newly installed game should run well.
9. Close Background Applications
Due to a shortage of resources or software issues, Black Desert Online may crash. Before you begin playing, it’s a good idea to close any unnecessary programs.
- Click Task Manager by right-clicking any empty area on the taskbar.
- End task by right-clicking the application you want to close.
- Start Black Desert Online and see whether the crashing problem disappears.
Just like any other application, BDO may also face some errors. With one of the remedies, you should stop Black Desert Online from crashing on your PC. In case none of the procedures worked for you, then contact official services. Any queries? Ask in the comments section.
Is Black Desert Online Launcher Gone?
Black Desert Online Launcher is no longer available through Kakao Games. On the BDO Launcher, players can only use their original Family Names to continue playing. The Game Data Transfer to the Pearl Abyss service has been finished successfully.
What is error code 10 in BDO Windows 10?
Permission issues are typical causes of Error Code 10 when using BlackDesert Online. Launch the game BlackDesert Online via Steam to see if the problem has been resolved.
Why is my BDO app not working?
Check to see if your BDO Mobile App has been updated to the most recent version. If it isn’t already updated, go to App Store for iPhones and Google Play for Android phones. If the issue remains, try uninstalling and reinstalling BOD Launcher.
Is Black Desert Online Launcher pay to win?
Black Desert Launcher and Black Desert Mobile are not “Pay To Win” games. Seasonal clothes, pets, and goodies are available for players is willing to grind.