When facing a problem with your PC and if you are planning to replace it due to “hardware problems,” then wait and read this article as we might be able to solve your issue without costing you many bucks. Perhaps a good registry cleaner will resolve your problems.
What do you mean by Registry?
A registry is a database where all information, settings, options, etc. of your systems’ hardware and software are stored.
There can be innumerable entries in the Registry, and so it is prone to error.
Using your computer over a long period causes the registry database to grow larger and larger with all the information and programs.
Registry errors cause the majority or 90% of computer problems.
However, don’t worry as several ways are using to clean your Registry, thereby speeding up your system.
Windows has built-in functionalities to help you clean out the Registry.
There are also many registry cleaners to assist you with the clean-up. A list of some of the best registry cleaners is in this article.
Registry Cleaner – Working, Risks, and Precautions
When you find that your computer is performing slowly, i.e., taking more to upload files, starts halting in between operations, and getting error messages, the first thing you must do is get the best registry cleaner market.
A registry cleaner is a software program that scans a user’s Windows registry and finds old information, once useful but no longer needed now.
When the best registry cleaner finds this information, it displays them on the user’s screen in ascending order of importance, allowing you to remove some of them automatically.
While choosing the best registry cleaner, you must also check its file size and compatibility with your system.
- If you are not using the best registry cleaner, i.e., it is poorly written, it can cause severe problems within your operating system.
- Your computer may stop working altogether.
- So, carefully tread when selecting the best registry cleaner for your system.
- Take a backup before starting the cleaning. Some tools have this ability in-built and so make sure to select the option for backup while using. In case your cleaner doesn’t have this in-built, then you can do the backup manually.
- Install a good antivirus software before cleaning as not all cleaners have virus protection or are virus-free. However, if your cleaner is virus-free, then you can opt out.
Why do We Need a Registry Cleaner?
We all have often faced our system slowing down.
Generally, we think that the hardware has slowed, but in reality, our systems’ hardware components can last long as they are very stable and exceed our expectations with their useful life.
Often people replace their computers after a period of three to four years, but the hardware components and the hard drive have a lifetime much longer than that.
So, what goes wrong exactly?
As the system gets older, due to a lot of installed programs since the first one, the system starts to develop specific issues that cause the overall computer system to slow down.
In such cases, our family members, or a friend might suggest installing a new Operating System. However, it is a time-consuming process.
For reinstalling a new Operating System, you need to uninstall the previous OS, clean out everything from your system, and then reinstall every program again.
But this process still cannot assure a fix to your problem.
So, we suggest you first clean out your Registry as it might be able to solve your system slow down issue.
Advantages of Having the Best Registry Cleaner
A lot of benefits come with having the best registry cleaner handy. Some of these are:
- Fixing errors caused by program uninstallation
- Setting uninstalled program-related files.
- Slow Boot time is improved.
- Overall response time is improved.
List of 9 Best Registry Cleaner
|Jet Clean||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8.1, 10||3 MB||Free|
|iolo System Mechanic||Windows XP (up to v184.108.40.206), Vista (up to v220.127.116.11), 7, 8, 8.1, 10||32.55 MB||Regular: $49.95, Pro $69.95, Ultimate Defense: $79.95|
|Auslogics Registry Cleaner||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10||12 MB||Free|
|Advanced SystemCare||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10||45.1 MB||Free, $29.99 versions|
|JV16PowerTools||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10||8.54 MB||Free|
|SysTweak RegClean Pro||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8.1, 8, 10||4.6 MB||PhotoStudio v2.1: Free, Pro: $69.95|
|CCleaner||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8.1, 10||16 MB||Free, Premium at $29.95 and $59.95|
|Easy Cleaner||Windows XP, 2000, NT, ME, 98, 95||2.82 MB||Free|
|Wise Registry Cleaner||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10||3.10 MB||Free, Premium at $29.95|
1. Jet Clean
If you want a fast registry cleaner with easy access to backup, then Jet Clean is the right choice.
It is an extremely fast registry cleaner with a well-designed user interface that can scan the entire Registry with a single click.
- 3MB file supported.
- The compatibility of the tool is with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8.1, 10
- Many filtering options.
- Backup is easy-to-access.
- The cleaner is speedy and dedicated.
- Attempts for unnecessary toolbar installation during setup.
- It generates too many cookies.
Iolo System Mechanic is the best registry cleaning tool to boost your system’s power, speed, and stability by fixing system freezes, errors, and crashes.
It comes with a modernized interface with simplified menus and fast loading.
The Iolo System Mechanic has a set of in-built tools to repair Registry, defragment drives and memory, clean hard drives, and optimize internet and system settings.
Using the patented performance technology, the mechanic gives you 89% faster start-up and 39% faster downloads with an improved CPU speed and graphics.
- It supports a file size up to 32.55 MB.
- Windows XP (up to v18.104.22.168), Vista (up to v22.214.171.124), 7. 8, 8.1, 10 are supported.
- It can compact, optimize, defrag, and backup the system registry.
- A quick scan and deep scan options are available.
- The program clears the clutter, cache, and internet and chats history.
- The mechanic comes with an enhanced Net Booster, Program Accelerator, and Startup Optimizer.
- Iolo provides enhanced real-time boost and active care.
- It can clean funk files of up to 50 types.
- The tool is available for only Windows platform.
- The Iolo System Mechanic has three variations:
- System Mechanic: $49.95
- System Mechanic Pro: $69.95
- System Mechanic Ultimate Defense: $79.95
For a Windows operating system, Auslogics Registry Cleaner is the best registry cleaner available that is also free of cost.
The cleaner can resolve stability issues and resolve system issues in Windows OS efficiently.
The tool comes with a colored severity rating feature to highlight the areas in the Registry requiring the most attention.
- Up to 12 MB files are supported.
- It supports Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8.1, 10
- Backup is automatic.
- Cleaning specific registries is efficient.
- It is a very effective windows registry cleaner.
- Errors are color-coded with a severity rating.
- For getting additional optional features, it costs a fee.
- The cleaner installs other programs during setup.
The Advanced SystemCare is a freeware registry cleaner with attractive UI and a range of tools to clean your Registry all the while making your system secure and fast.
SystemCare is easy to use and does not require tech knowledge.
- 45.1 MB file size supported.
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10
- Scan are repair features available at a single click.
- Easy for beginners and non-tech people.
- An automatic backup feature is available.
- The cleaner requires a sizable hard drive for its considerable number of features.
- Automatic installation of unwanted programs.
- It comes in 2 versions:
JV16PowerTools is the best registry cleaner to quickly clean your system’s Registry with automatic backup while avoiding toolbar and unwanted program installation.
It can be customized by the user to perform an extremely fast registry cleaning operation.
Up to 8.54 MB file size is supported.
- The Windows OS XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10 are supported.
- Backup is automatic.
- No installation of the toolbar or other unwanted programs happens.
- It offers a simple User Interface.
- Quick cleaning of Registry.
- An overwhelming number of features can cause issues.
- Not user-friendly.
The registry cleaner comes with a very easy-to-use interface to fix all Registry related errors on Windows.
The RegClean Pro makes PC stable and enhances overall performance by cleaning, repairing, and optimizing from invalid registry entries generated by old and no longer existing files and programs in the Windows registry.
It supports multi-user cleaning and scheduling for daily, weekly, or monthly automatic cleaning.
- Up to 4.6 MB file size is supported.
- Windows OS XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 are supported.
- It recommends to the user the actions to be taken to improve the system’s performance.
- A manual full registry backup is possible so that the changes done can be easily rolled back.
- You can customize the scan areas.
- RegClean Pro helps in defragmenting the Registry to reorganize and declutter it.
- The system notifications caused by outdated registry information can be minimized.
- Details like expiry date, limitations, etc. are not available for the available version.
- It comes with two versions:
- RegClean Pro: $69.95
- PhotoStudio v2.1: Free
The CCleaner is easy to use and the best registry cleaner.
It is the best choice for non-tech and beginner users looking for freeware registry cleaners to clean the Registry by fixing different types of errors.
The users can manage individual files and can skip or delete them.
- Up to 16 MB file size is supported.
- Windows OS XP, Vista, 7, 8.1, and 10 are supported.
- Backup feature is optional.
- PC maintenance is available.
- Resolution of many types of registry errors using CCleaner.
- It is ideal for non-tech people and beginners.
- The freeware is available only for home users.
- The download page is confusing.
- Unless expressly denied permissions, it installs other programs as well.
- It comes with three versions:
- Premium at $29.95
- Premium at $59.95
8. Easy Cleaner
In case you are still using older versions of windows, then this is the best registry cleaner for you.
The easy cleaner has a very easy-to-use old-looking user interface that can get the cleaning done just as effectively as any other cleaner.
The critical feature of Easy Cleaner is its portability.
- File of up to 2.82 MB is supported.
- Windows, XP, 2000, NT, ME, 98, 95 are supported.
- Many setting tools and options are available.
- Backup is automatic.
- The interface is easy-to-use.
- Scheduling options are not available.
- Slower than other registry cleaners.
The wise cleaner is the best registry cleaner for you in case you want software to optimize your operating system for improved future performance.
The cleaner has various scan modes with extremely fast registry cleaning and scheduled scans.
Wise is one of the safest Registry cleaning tools available.
- Up to 3.10 MB file size supported.
- The Windows OS XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10 are supported.
- It is effortless to use.
- Registry cleaning can be scheduled and automatic.
- The backup is automatic.
- It has three scan levels for the Registry.
- During setup, other programs can get installed.
- Rebooting is needed.
- It has two versions:
- Premium: $29.95
Additional Registry Cleaners to Consider
Eusing Cleaner is a quick scan tool for invalid or obsolete information with a user-friendly interface.
An automatic backup feature is available with this cleaner.
This all-in-one registry cleaner offers a fast and efficient scan to clean and optimize your PC.
It also has a ‘Rescue’ option for restoring or backing up registries.
The Glarysoft Registry Repair is a safe and efficient registry scanning and cleaning tool.
It comes with backup and restores capabilities alongside an intelligent scan engine.
Defencebyte not only helps in cleaning your Registry but can also analyze your Registry for possible issues and their fixes.
14. AML Cleaner
AML Cleaner is an easy-to-use cleaner to perform quick registry cleaning.
It fixes any registry issue and also has backup and restore options.
The tools listed above have their respective pros and cons, and thus the best registry cleaner depends on your needs.
CCleaner can help you with your ease of use need for the cleaner, while Auslogics is the best choice for overcoming system stability issues.
Advanced SystemCare is a good cleaner if you want software with attractive UI and tools for making your system secure and fast.
If you’re looking for a registry cleaner that can scan the whole Registry in a matter of seconds, Jet Clean is the ideal option for you. Wise Registry Cleaner, on the other hand, is useful if you need a solution that can clean your registry quickly and automatically.
The easy cleaner is the best and portable too for your older version of Windows. JV16PowerTools is a superb choice for registry cleaners with a highly customizable interface and fast registry cleaning without any attempt to install unwanted programs.