Want to keep your iPhone safe from hackers? Want to avoid tracking your online browsing history? Here is the best solution to your problems, a Virtual Private Network (VPN). A Virtual Private Network (VPN) is dedicated software for your iPhone that keeps your device free from malware, attackers, and malicious links. In this post, you will be made familiarised with VPN and the top best VPNs for iPhone devices.
What is a Virtual Private Network?
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) permits us to use any public or private network to access the internet on any device safely and securely. The primary idea of a Virtual Private Network (VPN) is it sends your data through an encrypted tunnel and hides your device’s actual IP address. Using a Virtual Private Network (VPN), you can safely and securely access any restricted or regional site or web page.
Many people use a VPN to keep their private data safe from attackers and hackers. When you do not use a VPN, some sites allow hackers to keep track of your online activities and may steal your confidential data, like login ID and password, credit card details, etc. When you install VPN software on your device, it blocks malware and malicious links, and all your data traffic is encrypted using a tunneling protocol.
Need for an iPhone Virtual Private Network (VPN)
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) is used widely for several purposes. Here are some significant reasons why we should use an iPhone virtual private network (VPN).
- Many people think that a VPN is their best buddy, as it protects their data from hackers. We often connect our devices to public networks, like Wi-Fi on railway stations, cafes, or restaurants. But, these networks are not safe, as there are chances that hackers can spy on your device’s online activities. When you utilize a VPN, hackers cannot keep an eye on your browsing histories and keep your data safe.
- There are some sites or webpages, which do not offer access to people outside some specific range or country. Suppose you require access to a website or any streaming service, which does not support your country. Using a virtual private network can do this task. It can unblock any geo-restricted streaming service or web page that is required by you.
- Another purpose of using a virtual private network is encrypting your internet data. A virtual private network uses a tunneling protocol for data encryption, protects it from malware, and avoids hackers’ keeping track of your internet activities.
- Many people use a virtual private network to avoid government censorship filters. The government agencies track your browsing history, social media accounts, and other data. Hence, to prevent government agencies from keeping track of your data, you can use a VPN.
- Users can use the internet over any network by hiding their device’s actual IP address. This is possible only when users use a virtual private network. A VPN hides users’ exact IP addresses and makes its IP address available to the outside world.
- Another idea for using a virtual private network is that users can safely share files or documents over any public networks. A VPN supports peer-to-peer file sharing and prevents your Internet Service Provider from tracking a particular file.
How to choose the best iPhone VPN?
Whenever you need a VPN for your iPhone, you must look into three significant factors, speed, security, and support. Any iPhone VPN must possess these three significant components. Your VPN should provide premium-quality internet connection speed with high security. The last feature is support. Your iPhone VPN provider must offer 24/7 customer supports in case of issues and a money-back guarantee for some specific days.
The other feature to look for in an iPhone VPN is the number of servers. Your iPhone VPN should have maximum servers in all significant areas of the world. It must permit you to access any regional or local content from your country. Additionally, your iPhone VPN must have the capacity to unblock several streaming sites, like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, YouTube, Hulu, etc.
Another factor to look in for a while selecting an iPhone VPN is that it must support all significant platforms, like Android and iOS devices, Windows and macOS desktops, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Opera extension. One of the essential elements your iPhone VPN Must include is a kill-switch feature. It must also support a no-log policy. Also, your iPhone VPN must support the maximum number of different devices with your single VPN account simultaneously.
You must ensure that your VPN must offer higher speed though it has an increased number of servers. The number of servers should not have an adverse effect on your connection speed. Therefore, you can look for all the above elements while selecting the best VPN for your iPhone devices.
List of Best iPhone VPNs for 2020
We have seen a virtual private network and need for using an iPhone virtual private network. A VPN is very beneficial in this technological and digital era. As technologies grow, human life becomes more manageable as well as risky. When you do not use a VPN for your iPhone, all your private data gets leaked or stolen by intruders when you connect your device to any public Wi-Fi.
Here are some hand-picked and most desirable virtual private networks for your iPhone devices. We have mentioned all features and characteristics of every VPN. You can go through each VPN and its features and select the best one among them.
One of the best VPNs for the iPhone across the world is NordVPN. NordVPN is easy-to-use and has an intuitive interface. This VPN offers 20 advanced features and is one of the best options for iPhones. NordVPN enables users to access any content and use any application on iPhones with high security and protection.
- NordVPN for iPhones allows users to stay secure and protect against hackers, malware, and phishing attacks.
- iPhone users need not have to worry about the connection speed. NordVPN offers the highest internet connection speed.
- NordVPN for iPhones follows a strict no-log policy. A strict no-log feature of NordVPN protects users’ data from tracking hackers or attackers.
- It does not offer a chance for buffering. iPhone users can seamlessly download anything using a fast internet connection.
- NordVPN for iPhone has more than 5400 servers in 59 countries across the world. Hence, it is one of the VPNs for iPhones, which has an extensive coverage range.
- Using a single VPN account, users can connect up to 6 devices and use NordVPN simultaneously.
- When iPhone users access the internet or any website, hackers or attackers cannot see the actual IP address. Instead, NordVPN makes its IP address available.
- Another feature of NorVPN is that it offers CyberSec, which permits users to block unwanted and annoying advertisements and avoid malware entering the iPhone device.
- You can also use NordVPN with Microsoft Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android devices.
- Another advanced feature of NordVPN is it can permit users to access any geo-restricted website or webpage from their iPhones.
Another best VPN, which is affordable and offers high-quality features for iPhone users is Surfshark. One of the most desirable perks of using the Surfshark VPN for iPhones is it is available at relatively lower prices or packages. Using the Surfsharf VPN, iPhone users can keep their private online activities and protect their confidential data from the public internet.
- When you use the Surfshark VPN on your iPhone, it helps to access any content from the public internet without leaving your identity over the network.
- It protects your actual IP address, makes its IP address visible to the outside world. Doing this will make hackers impossible to track your device’s location.
- Another advantage of using the Surfshark VPN is it does not allow your Internet Service Provider (IPS) to steal and sell your data.
- There are more than 1700 Surfshark servers in 63 countries, including the United States, Australia, Brazil, Japan, etc.
- You can download the Surfshark VPN on Android and iOS devices, macOS, Windows, Linux desktops, Fire TV, Chrome, and Firefox extensions.
- In 63 countries, the Surfshark VPN enables users to access any restricted content over the internet. It allows users to use restricted streaming sites and enjoy streaming with premium-quality speed.
- One of the significant benefits of Surfshark is it allows iPhone users to connect unlimited devices with a single Surfshark account. Though unlimited devices can be connected, users need not have to worry about the speed.
One of the best VPNs for iPhone users worldwide is ExpressVPN. This iPhone VPN is one of the most trusted and desirable VPNs across the world. You can easily download and set-up ExpressVPN on your iPhone device, which is very straightforward to use. The price of ExpressVPN is relatively high as that of the Surfshark VPN.
- ExpressVPN installed on your iPhone enables you to access any content from regional or restricted websites. You can access any content, like music, video, text, etc., from anywhere.
- Another best characteristic of ExpressVPN is it hides your iPhone device’s original IP address over the public network and makes the ExpressVPN server’s IP address visible.
- Using a single ExpressVPN account, you can install it and utilize it on five different devices parallelly.
- It supports all major devices, like Windows, macOS, router, Linux, and iOS devices.
- ExpressVPN uses a 256-bit AES encryption technique, which permits you to keep your confidential data safe from hackers and spies.
- It supports accessing restricted streaming services, like Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer, etc.
- There are 160 servers in 94 countries. Hence, it has its range spread worldwide.
- One of the special features of ExpressVPN is split tunneling. It permits you to route some device traffic using a VPN while others use the internet.
One of the easy-to-use and user-friendly VPNs for iPhone is Golden Frog VyprVPN. Golden Frog VyprVPN allows users to use any public internet or Wi-Fi network with premium-quality security and high internet speed. Users can easily download the dedication application of Golden Frog VyprVPN on their iPhones.
- Golden Frog VyprVPN incorporates Chameleon protocol. This Chameleon protocol included in Golden Frog VyprVPN enables users to access any restricted content over the network.
- Another characteristic of Golden Frog VyprVPN is that it offers DNS protection. One of the significant advantages of the DNS protection protocol is it avoids man-in-the-attack (MIM).
- There is a VyprVPN cloud feature. This feature permits users to access their cloud drives from anywhere using any network, as it provides an additional security layer. You can also use the Vyper Cloud for Amazon Web Services, DigitalOcean, and VirtualBox.
- Users can connect up to five different devices to a single VyprVPN account parallelly.
- It permits users to hide their actual IP addresses from hackers or intruders. VyprVPN makes its IP address available over the network. Hence, attackers will not know your exact location.
- VyprVPN has more than 70 servers throughout the world.
- This VPN offers a Network Address Translation (NAT) Firewall, which keeps your iPhone safe from unrequested traffic.
- VyperVPN is compatible with Android and iOS mobile phones, Windows, macOS, Linux, desktops, Amazon Fire Stick, and Chrome devices.
IPVanish is another VPN for the iPhone, which offers high internet speed and has a dedicated application. IPVanish application for iPhone has a clean and neat interface, which makes it more sturdy and robust. Users can access any public network with high protection and security. IPVanish offers multiple advanced security features.
- When you use the IPVanish VPN, you can access any content from the internet without revealing your original IP address. IPVanish server’s IP address will be made available to the hackers or intruders. Hence, you can surf the internet anonymously.
- This VPN also supports a strict or zero-log policy, allowing users to retrieve any content over the network safely. Users’ confidential data is kept protected from spies.
- IPVanish VPN allows users to break censorship contents from government, universities, or employers.
- It has more than 1500 servers in more than 75 countries of the world and has more than 40,000 IP addresses.
- IPVanish VPN uses a 256-bit AES encryption technique and uses a SOCKS5 web proxy. Also, it uses OpenVPN, IKEv2, and L2TP/IPSec protocols.
- One of the fantastic features of IPVanish VPN is it offers a commendable cloud storage feature, named SugarSync secure cloud storage.
- Users can connect unlimited devices to a single IPVanish account. It is compatible with Android, Microsoft Windows, and macOS devices.
- This VPN unlocks multiple streaming services, like Netflix, Hulu, and YouTube.
Another best VPN option for iPhone devices is PureVPN. Using PureVPN, users can safely surf the internet and block annoying advertisements and pop-up notifications. PureVPN keeps your online activity safe and protected from intruders and hackers.
- PureVPN permits users to access any geo-restricted or regional content from anywhere on their iPhone devices. For example, if you desire to watch a TV show streaming in the other country, using PureVPN, you can do it.
- Another advantage of using PureVPN for iPhone devices is it reduces ISP throttling. Also, it offers a high-speed internet connection while downloading any content over the network.
- Hackers cannot know your location or country where you reside using PureVPN. When you download PureVPN and access the internet, it hides your iPhone device’s actual IP address and makes its server’s IP address available to hackers.
- It supports the Peer-to-Peer (P2P) protocol, enabling you to transfer or download any file or document with high security and protection.
- PureVPN is compatible with Windows, macOS, Linux, desktops, Android and iOS devices, and Chrome and Firefox extensions.
- This VPN has more than 2000 secure servers in more than 140 countries. Therefore, it is one of the broad-range VPNs that covers several countries.
- PureVPN uses an OpenVPN security protocol avoiding hackers to track your iPhone device’s online activities.
- It supports a split tunneling feature. Users can connect up to ten different devices with a single PureVPN account.
One of the easy-to-use and straightforward VPNs is TunnelBear. This VPN enables users to stream or access any content over public networks anonymously and safely without knowing the actual location and IP addresses. Most users across the globe feel comfortable using TunnelBear VPN, as it keeps all your private data safe.
- The TunnelBear VPN provides the utmost security and protection to users while surfing the internet, shopping anything online, or transacting through online banking.
- When hackers steal your online activities, they can steal your credentials and confidential data from your devices. The TunnelBer VPN for iPhone is a dedicated application, which hides users’ online activities from spies.
- This VPN entertains you with all regions or local news, entertainment, and sports streaming services or sites. You can access any geo-restricted webpage or service using the TunnelBear VPN.
- It also helps users in bypassing censorship filters. Users can change their location and retrieve any desired content easily without revealing the actual location.
- The TunnelBear VPN uses a strong 256-bit AES encryption technique, which keeps your iPhone’s data safe from attackers.
- It has more than 20 servers in more than 22 countries.
- When users use the TunnelBear VPN, they do not experience ISP throttling, buffering, or slow internet connection.
- The TunnelBear VPN is compatible with Android and iOS mobile phones, Windows and macOS desktops, and all significant browsers.
Another VPN for iPhone, which is affordable and offers high performance, is KeepSolid VPN Unlimited. It provides the most desirable security features, making iPhone users feel comfortable while accessing any content from the network. There is a dedicated KeepSolid VPN Unlimited application for iPhone.
- KeepSolid VPN Unlimited offers complete security over any public Wi-Fi network. When you access your iPhone device’s internet using public systems, your data may be stolen or damaged by hackers. This VPN helps you to keep your data safe and protected.
- This VPN encrypts the data stored in your iPhone device and allows you to securely surf the public Wi-Fi. Hackers cannot even track your device’s online practices using this VPN.
- Another feature of KeepSolid VPN Unlimited is it hides your device’s actual IP address and permits you to use the internet anonymously.
- It involves a DNS Firewall. This firewall protects your device from malware, as it detects the malware inside your iPhone. Also, it identifies malicious links. Malicious links and malware steal your data.
- Users can connect up to ten different devices with a single KeepSolid VPN Unlimited account.
- KeepSolid VPN Unlimited is compatible with Microsoft Windows, macOS, Linux desktops, Android, and iOS mobile devices, and Chrome, Opera, and Firefox extensions.
- KeepSolid VPN has more than 500 servers in more than 80 locations across the globe.
CyberGhost is yet another VPN for iPhone devices, which provides the best service and higher security. It is one of the most excellent VPN products offering more advanced and extraordinary security characteristics. CyberGhost VPN is one of the highly recommended VPNs for iPhone devices.
- The CyberGhost VPN allows users to access their favorite webpages, streaming sites, or documents without any restrictions. This VPN has a feature of accessing any geo-restricted local sites.
- Many iPhone users do not have VPN and hence, fall prey to hackers or intruders. The CyberGhost VPN avoids this possibility. It hides your device’s original IP address and makes its server’s IP address available to hackers or intruders.
- Using the CyberGhost VPN, you can keep your iPhone data safe and protected from being tracked. You can surf the internet ver any public network anonymously.
- Users can connect seven different devices with a single CyberGhost account parallelly. Hence, it is flexible to use.
- The CyberGhost VPN is compatible with Microsoft Windows and macOS desktops, Android and iOS mobile devices, smart TVs, Apple TV, Android TV, and Chrome and Finder extensions.
- This VPN has more than 6500 servers in around 90 countries. Therefore, the CyberGhost VPN is the one having more number of servers.
- The CyberGhost VPN also supports a kill-switch feature and involves DNS and IP leakage security. It also follows a no-log policy, i.e., your online activity is kept protected from CyberGhost servers as well.
Another VPN suitable for iPhone devices is Hide My Ass VPN. This VPN is primarily known for protecting Wi-Fi security and online privacy. Hide My Ass VPN has a dedicated application for iPhone devices. Having this VPN installed on your iPhone devices allows you to access any content from your desired web page securely.
- Hide My Ass, also known as HMA, is one of the widely used VPNs for iPhone devices, which protects users’ data from being damaged and stolen.
- This VPN can mask your device’s actual IP address. In other terms, it hides your device’s original IP address and makes its server’s IP address available to the outside world.
- Hide My Ass (HMA) VPN enables users to protect their confidential data from hackers or spies using a 256-bit AES encryption standard.
- When you use the HMA VPN and scroll the browser or any social media applications, you can do it more securely and anonymously without knowing your actual location to others.
- Users can connect five different devices to a single Hide My Ass (HMA) account simultaneously.
- In its latest version, the HMA VPN has made it more accessible for users to switch their IP addresses and servers.
- Hide My Ass VPN is compatible with Android and iOS mobile devices, Windows and macOS desktops, Apple TV, PlayStation, and Xbox.
- There are more than 1100 Hide My Ass VPN’s servers in more than 190 countries.
Suppose you desire to have a dedicated VPN application for your iPhone, offering a perfect balance of performance and price. In that case, then, Private Internet Access VPN is the best option for you. The Private Internet Access VPN is one of the affordable VPNs, providing iPhone users’ best results.
- Private Internet Access (PIA) permits users to access or surf the internet without revealing their actual IP addresses. Hence attackers will not know users’ locations. The Private Internet Access (PIA) VPN enables you to use the internet anonymously.
- This VPN allows you to use any geo-restricted website or streaming service from the location where it has its servers.
- It is one of the best VPNs, which offers the highest speed with higher encryption security.
- The Private Internet Access (PIA) VPN uses security protocols, like PPTP, OpenVPN, WireGuard, and L2TP/IPSec protocols. It also includes a SOCKS5 Proxy. PIA offers the highest security, as it uses a 256-bit AES encryption technique.
- Users can use a single PIA VPN account with ten different devices simultaneously.
- The Private Internet Access (PIA) VPN has more than 16327 servers in 74 countries. Hence, it has a wide range of coverage areas.
- This VPN is compatible with Android and iOS mobile phones, Windows, macOS, Linux desktops, and Chrome, Firefox, and Opera extensions.
- Private Internet Access is useful in unlocking multiple streaming sites, like Hulu, YouTube, and Netflix.
Another best option for VPN for iPhone devices is TorGuard VPN. Like all the above VPNs mentioned, TorGuard VPN also protects your online activities from being hacked or tracked by hackers or spies. The primary idea of TorGuard VPN is it encrypts your internet data and keeps your IP address anonymous.
- TorGuard VPN saves iPhone users from all online hackers or spies. It enables you to access the internet using any public or private Wi-Fi network with the utmost security and protection.
- Another mesmerizing feature of TorGuard VPN is it allows users to stay anonymous while browsing on the internet or accessing any content from web pages.
- TorGuard VPN involves DPI Firewall, which protects your iPhone devices from being hacked and tracked.
- This VPN is compatible with Windows, macOS, Linux desktops, Android and iOS mobile devices, and routers.
- Torguard has its range in more than 50 countries globally, with 3000 servers. Hence, it covers a comprehensive portion of the world.
- Using the TorGuard VPN application on an iPhone device, you will never experience buffering or throttling issues.
- TorGuard VPN uses a 256-bit AES encryption technique, which encrypts Internet traffic and keeps your device’s data safe.
- This VPN involves an OpenVPN security protocol and provides OpenConnect, Stunnel, and Shadowsocks features.
- One of the most desirable compatibility of the TorGuard VPN is connecting 12 different devices to a single account parallelly.
One of the world’s fastest VPNs is HideMe VPN. It is one of the best choices across the globe for iPhone users. HideMe VPN permits users to surf the internet without their actual IP addresses. Hence, attackers cannot detect users’ exact location.
- HideMe VPN allows iPhone users to scroll the internet over any public or private network safely and securely, as it encrypts the data.
- The digital privacy feature of HideME VPN permits users to hide their iPhone devices’ actual IP addresses. This VPN makes its server’s IP address available to hackers or intruders.
- Using the HideMe VPN, you can also avoid annoying and irritating advertisements and censorships from government, employer, etc.
- Users can access any regional or local web pages, streaming services, and any documents.
- You can use up to ten different devices simultaneously with a single HideMe VPN account.
- HideMe VPN is compatible with Windows and macOS devices, Android and iOS mobile phones, and Chrome extension.
- The feature of no-log enables iPhone users to detect and identify malicious links and malware inside the system.
- Some other characteristics of HideMe VPN are IPv6 support, Split Tunneling, WireGuard, Advanced IP Protection, and Stealth Guard.
- HideMe VPN has more than 1800 servers in 72 countries in Asia, Europe, and the United States.
If you desire to have a high-speed and high-performance VPN, then ProtonVPN is the best choice. The primary objective of the ProtonVPN is to make online surfing secure and protected. The advanced security incorporated in ProtonVPN makes it manageable for users to access the internet over private or public networks safely.
- Online security is one of the primary goals of the Proton VPN. It includes a VPN tunnel, which encrypts your internet data and keeps all confidential data safe from hackers and intruders.
- Another goal of the ProtonVPN is it permits users to keep their online browsing activities hidden from the outside world. No other third-party can see your online browsing history.
- ProtonVPN is best suited for activists or journalists; it avoids censorship filters from the government.
- Another advanced feature of ProtonVPN is it supports a no-log policy. In other terms, ProtoNVPN also does not track your iPhone device’s online browsing history.
- ProtonVPN allows users to access Onion sites anonymously, You iPhone device’s actual IP address is kept hidden from hackers. Hence, they will not know your exact location or country.
- Users can connect up to ten different devices to a single ProtonVPN account and use it parallelly on ten devices.
- ProtonVPN is compatible with Windows and macOS desktops, Android and iOS mobile devices, and routers.
- This VPN has more than 1060 servers in 54 countries. All servers are medium-sized.
Another VPN that permits users to browse the internet safely and securely is the Windscribe VPN. This VPN keeps your iPhone devices safe from attack and malware. The Windscribe VPN allows users to block annoying advertisements and pop-up notifications.
- The Windscribe VPN allows users to access any geo-restricted web pages and regional streaming services. Hence, users can access content from several other countries.
- Intruders and attackers cannot keep their eyes on your online surfing activities.
- The Windscribe VPN has its servers in more than 100 locations in 63 countries.
- This VPN helps users keep their actual IP address hidden and keeps the Winscribe server’s IP address available to the third party.
- The Windscribe VPN involves a no-log feature, making users hide their IP address and keep their browsing activities safe.
- It uses a 256-bit AES encryption technique with the SHA512 authentication and a 4096-bit RSA key.
- The Windscribe VPN uses OpenVPN, WireGuard, IKEv2, and SOCKS security protocols.
- It has its servers in around ten countries, including the United States, the United Kingdom, and Canada.
- The bandwidth offered by the Windscribe VPN is 10 GB per month and supports Android and iOS devices, Windows and macOS desktops, and Chrome, Firefox, and Opera extensions.
- The most desirable advantage of the Windscribe VPN is it supports connecting unlimited devices to a single Windcribe account. Also, this VPN is free to use and open-source.
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) is dedicated software for iPhone mobile devices, which offers the utmost security to users’ private data. It protects your online browsing activities from hackers and spies. We have seen a virtual private network, the need for an iPhone VPN, and how to choose the best iPhone VPN.
Later, we have covered some top and a hand-picked list of virtual private networks (VPNs), with their characteristics. We have seen how to select the best VPN for iPhone devices. Go through it and make a wise decision to choose the best iPhone VPN.