One of the most upsetting things you can do to your ears is played poor audio in your headphones.
While you cannot access studio-grade equipment, you can still have excellent audio in your sessions.
This post will demonstrate how to fix a lousy bad stereo with Audacity for good sound quality.
How to Fix Bad Stereo with Audacity?
Firstly, upgrade your Audacity version from https://www.audacityteam.org/download/. You can view the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums even though the old forums for those versions have been shut down.
Go to the official website for some quick answers and forum rules. Also, check your operating systems, like what version of windows you are using and if they are compatible or not. The exact three-section version number of Audacity from ” Help menu > About Audacity. ”
- Audio editing tools
- Amplifying and normalizing
- How to remove background noise
- Removing Silence from your recordings
- Extracting Audio with VLC
- Use the Equalizer
1. Audio editing tools
There is numerous audio editing software available. It’s free to utilize one of the most well-liked ones.
The ideal way to get started in audio editing is with Audacity. It was created by volunteers using free source software.
With Audacity, you can do many things, such as changing small files to make them shorter, taking out background noise, cutting out Silence, changing volume, and more. Audacity can be downloaded here to get started.
Naturally, other premium solutions are easier to use and have more features. For instance, Adobe Audition is a creative cloud product line component. It has tremendous power. But we advise holding off on that until you are an audio expert.
2. How to remove background noise
With Audacity, you can easily remove some background noise from your audio track. You are required to create a noise profile for this.
This “teaches” the program to distinguish between desired and undesirable noises in your recording. After that, the software can eliminate undesirable background buzzes and look for playback effects.
This is possible in Audacity by:
- They show the recording portion where no intentional noises were created. Before someone speaks, let the microphones pick up and capture the “sound of the room” for a few moments at the start of each session. This makes the editing process much simpler later.
- Choose Effect > Noise Removal from the menu options after that.
- Press the Get Noise Profile button.
- The entire recording has now been highlighted, beginning to end.
- Once more, choose Effect > Noise Removal from the menu.
- Select OK.
- The track should have been “cleaned” of extra audio and be ready for use.
3. Removing Silence from your recordings
You can do it by importing your sound file into Audacity and then following these steps:
- Make a selection of the entire recording with your mouse.
- Then select Effect from the menu Maintains Silence.
- To determine what constitutes Silence, Audacity uses a set of criteria. Minimum, maximum, and threshold for Silence. These settings choose what constitutes Silence and take them away.
- The amount of Silence that is compressed is determined. Audacity compresses quiet rather than eliminating it. For instance, a 3:1 compression ratio would reduce a 3-second silence to 1 second.
- Select OK.
4. Amplifying and normalizing
With this helpful trick, you may increase the loudness. Even better, you can elevate some elements while lowering others.
Utilize the amplify option if you only want to perform one. The opportunity to choose is Normalize if you wish to increase one section of the track’s loudness while lowering another.
1. Amplifying: Amplify adjusts the loudness of the selected audio track while maintaining the relative volume.
This implies that you are changing the importance of every ingredient you have chosen.
Be careful that any other voices nearer to the microphone will still have their level increased by the same amount when altering a recording of a discussion where one speaker is far away from the microphone.
2. Normalizing: The Normalize effect reduces the amplitude of your clip to an average or target range. So let’s return to our dialogue example.
To balance the two, the quiet voice will be raised near the desired level while the more vital voices won’t be elevated above it.
Select the portion of the track—or the entire way—that needs adjustment, and then select the Effects menu. Select between Amplify and Normalize.
5. Extracting Audio with VLC
- Tap “Media -> Convert/Save” on VLC’s menu bar.
- You can add a clip by hitting the Add button or dropping the hook into the File Selection area.
- A second box, labeled Convert, will appear when you click Convert/Save at the bottom of the first.
- In the Settings box with a drop-down choice for the Profile section, Convert will be handpicked by default. The audio presets can be found by scrolling through the available selections.
- The simplest options are “Audio – FLAC” and “Audio – CD” (WAV audio), but if those don’t work for you, hit the spanner symbol next to the drop-down menu for a list of alternative codecs.
- Under the Audio tab, advanced users have access to a wide range of additional codecs and parameters.
- Finally, specify an output filename by clicking the Browse button in the Destination section. Once you click start, your new audio file ought to appear.
6. Use the Equalizer
The Equalizer setting in Audacity is another excellent one. It is a tool for adjusting the frequency content of sounds and enables you to control the ratio of low to high and mid to low frequencies.
Understanding how they operate will significantly improve the sound quality of your recordings.
The frequency range in females is between 165 Hz to 255 Hz. In general, the range for men is 85 Hz to 155 Hz.
This provides a more focused range to play around with, so you don’t waste time and energy on content that doesn’t affect voice quality.
We’ve talked about using Audacity to fix subpar stereo. Everything comes down to your choices, what you think sounds nice, and where your imagination leads you. Also, you can use Noise remover for Noise reduction.
We’ve hopefully cleared up all the ambiguity and addressed your worries to let you decide what will go best for you.