An in-built option to back up all data to a PC is one of the biggest things missing from Android. There are established methods with an iPhone or iPad onto Apple macOS and the iTunes client for Windows. Even not in Chrome OS, you’ll find similar approaches to back up Android smartphones to PC.
Employing the stock ‘Your Phone app is the smoothest way of backing up your data to a Windows PC. You may sync a folder of your images from OneDrive to your PC and upload them to the cloud. A direct USB connection, Bluetooth, and cloud storage are possible options.
In this post, we’ll discover how you can promptly Backup Android Phone To PC.
How To Backup Android Phone To PC
I have discussed Android backup to PC with different operating systems:
- Backup Android Phones To PC In Microsoft Windows OS
- Backup Android Phone To PC On Apple macOS
- Create a Backup Using The Google Chrome OS
1. Backup Android Phones To PC In Microsoft Windows OS
- Using the Old-school USB Method
- Using OneDrive Method
- Using the Bluetooth Method
- Using the “Link to Windows” App
1. Using the Old-school USB Method
This method applies to any files you want to be backed up from your Android phone to your PC. You’ll need the proper cable and converter to make this work. USB-C is increasingly the most popular connector on both PCs and mobile devices.
You would need a USB-C to USB-A cable, for example, if your Android smartphone features a USB-C plug, but your Computer only has the standard square USB-A socket.
Just plug each of the ends of the connector into the corresponding gadgets and wait for pairing to complete.
- Connect the Android phone to the PC with a USB cord when unlocked.
- On the phone’s display, tap the notice that says, “Charging this device through USB.”
- Select File Transfer from the USB for the file list.
- File Explorer ought to now display the phone as a USB device. Transfer files across the phone and PC exactly how you would with a USB flash drive.
- When finished, remove the phone from the PC after ejecting the Android device first.
2. Using OneDrive Method
This solution also works for all files and not just backing up photos. Download the Microsoft OneDrive app for Android and upload your files to the company’s cloud storage.
Set an Android subfolder on OneDrive as a basic approach so you remember where to upload and download backed-up data. To exchange files using File Explorer rather than a browser, ascertain all files are synchronized to your Windows PC.
So this is how you Backup Android Phone To PC using OneDrive:
- Select Settings from the pop-up menu by right-clicking on the cloud symbol next to the system clock.
- There is a pop-up window on the Account tab. Click it.
- Select Folders by clicking the button.
- Select the folder you wish to sync with your Windows 10 computer by checking the box next.
- When finished, press the OK button.
- Click the Folder mentioned under OneDrive on the left in File Explorer. The files that were uploaded from Android should now be viewable.
- You may browse the same folder and retrieve files posted from your PC using the OneDrive software for Android.
Note: Dropbox, Box, and Google Drive are other choices if you don’t want to employ OneDrive for backing up Android data to a PC.
3. Using the Bluetooth Method
This method of backing up Android data onto a PC would require Bluetooth accessibility on both the Android device and computer. This method also includes pairing the Android with your PC and sending/receiving the file.
- Select Devices in the Settings app on Windows.
- Turn ON Bluetooth on the Android device.
- Choose Bluetooth & Other Devices.
- On the right, click Add Bluetooth or Other Device.
- Choose Bluetooth from the pop-up menu.
- To pair up the two devices, click on your Android phone and adhere to the prompts on each device.
- Right-click the Bluetooth symbol on Windows adjacent to the system clock, and then choose Receive a File from the pop-up menu.
- Long-press the file you wish to transfer via Bluetooth on the Android smartphone.
- At the top, click the Share button.
- On the toolbar at the bottom, tap the Bluetooth button.
- From the list, pick your Windows computer.
- The received file will be displayed in the Bluetooth File Sharing panel on the Windows computer. To finish, click Finish.
4. Using the “Link to Windows” App
This method is employed if you wish to upload just the images from your Android handset.
- On your Android device, download and install the Microsoft “Your Phone Companion-Link to Windows” app from Google Play.
- Register a Microsoft Account. Tap the blue Continue button if you’re already logged in using another Microsoft app.
- To accept the permissions, tap the blue Continue button.
- To access your contacts, make and manage phone calls, access images, and other media, send and read SMS messages, and make and manage phone calls, tap Allow on the next pop-ups.
- To allow the program to reload in the background, press the blue continue button, then Allow.
- Launch the ‘Your Phone app on Windows. You must already be logged in and have pairing enabled.
- Tap My PC is Ready once you’re back on your Android phone.
- Press the blue Allow button.
- To complete the setup, tap Done.
- Give the “Your Phone” app permission to pin to the taskbar on the Windows computer.
- Additionally, the ‘Your Phone app will need permissions through the Android phone’s settings to get alerts.
2. Backup Android Phone To Pc On Apple macOS
Now, I will discuss how to Backup Android Phone To PC that operates on Apple macOS.
- Using the USB Connection Method
- Using Bluetooth On A Mac
1. Using the USB Connection Method
- On the Mac, launch Android File Transfer. It may be found on the Launchpad.
- Connect the Android phone to the Mac using a USB connection after unlocking it.
- On the phone, tap the notice that says, “Charging this device through USB.”
- Select File Transfer from the Use USB For list.
- The phone should now appear in Mac’s Android File Transfer. Drag files between the Android File Transfer and the Finder.
- When finished, remove the phone from the Mac and eject it.
2. Using Bluetooth On A Mac
If you don’t have a cable around, you sure can use the Bluetooth option of backing up the data from your Android. Ensure Bluetooth is turned on for both devices.
- Select Bluetooth in System Preferences on the Mac.
- Click the Connect button next to the listed Android device to link the two devices and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Select Sharing on the main System Preferences page.
- Check the box next to Bluetooth Sharing to allow file sharing through Bluetooth.
- Right-click on the connected Android smartphone in the System Preferences’ Bluetooth section by going back there.
- The pop-up menu allows you to choose to Send File to Device.
- The window for Bluetooth File Exchange appears. Click the Send button after choosing the file you wish to send.
- To obtain the file on an Android smartphone, press Accept.
3. Create a Backup Using The Google Chrome OS
Backing up an Android phone to a PC that runs on Google Chrome operating system is described in the following sections.
- Using a USB Connection Method
- Using Nearby Share
- Using Google Drive Method
- Using the USB Flash Drive
1. Using a USB Connection Method
- Connect the Android phone to the PC with a USB connection after unlocking it.
- On the phone, tap the notice that says, “Charging this device through USB.”
- Under Use USB For, choose File Transfer.
- Drag files across the devices using the Files app on Chrome OS.
- When you’re finished, disconnect the Android phone.
- Turn on both Share sheet & Nearby Sharing flags on the Chrome Omnibox by typing chrome:/flags.
- You can confirm that Nearby Share gets enabled by accessing Settings and selecting Connected Devices from the left-hand menu. Turning on the Nearby Share function is recommended.
- Check that your Android smartphone has Nearby Share enabled. Toggle the functionality ON by opening Settings > Google > Device Connections > Nearby Share.
- Choose the file you wish to share from Files in the Android, then choose the Share button.
- On the drop-down option, choose Nearby Share.
- Tap Accept to accept the file on the Chromebook.
3. Using Google Drive Method
For Chrome OS devices, Google Drive ought to be your first choice for cloud storage. It is included in the Files app that is available from the menu on the left.
To transfer files from an Android device to a Chromebook, utilize the Google Files app. Plus, it is a potentially lethal competitor of Microsoft OneDrive and Dropbox for Backing up Android data to PC.
4. Using the USB Flash Drive
You may transfer files to and from your Android phone by connecting a USB drive with the relevant adaptor. To enable data transfers over the phone’s USB-based charging connector, the phone must support USB.
Data transfers, external peripherals, and other features are supported via this protocol. An easy fix will be buying a new external hard drive or SSD with the necessary connections if you’re using one that didn’t come with a suitable cable.
So far, I have discussed various methods to Backup Android Phone To PC, which include Windows PC, macOS, and Chrome OS. Most solutions fall in the USB and Bluetooth file transfer methods category, while some employ the cloud storage platform to Backup Android Phone To PC.
Can I Backup Android Phone To Pc?
Data backup from your Android mobile to the PC via a USB cord is quite simple. However, you should be aware that whether you have a Windows PC or a Mac, the method for downloading data from your smartphone changes.
How Do I Back Up My Entire Android Phone To My Computer?
1. Connect your Android smartphone to your PC. Access Developer settings by going to Settings > General.
2. Select either Android debugging or USB debugging. For the file transmission, pick a USB. To transfer files, choose.
3. Copy the files from your Android phone to your PC by going to it in Windows File Explorer.
How Do I Completely Back Up My Android Phone?
1. Open the Google One app on your Android smartphone.
2. Tap Storage down at the bottom.
3. Scroll to the section under “Device Backup.” If you just got a phone, back it up: Then, select Set up data backup.
4. Tap Manage backup to access your backup settings. Turn on Device data to back up the data on your phone.
5. Now tap Back up.
How Do I Back Up My Android Phone To My Computer Windows 10?
1. Connect your Android phone and Windows PC using a USB cord. On your Android phone, select “Transfer files” if requested.
2. On your computer, locate your Android data.
3. Drag and drop chosen files to your computer to backup.