Avast is a well-known security software company that produces a wide range of security products, including a web browser. Recently, there have been complaints from users that the Avast browser has been installed on their computers without consent and that it opens automatically. Many people have uninstalled their browser because they are afraid of being attacked by malware.
How did the Avast Secure browser Virus get installed on my Windows 10 computer?
Many users complain that the Avast browser installs without user consent and starts up automatically as soon as Windows starts. This has caused an air of mistrust among the program’s loyalists. Some people have even gone so far as to say that they will never use it again because of this behavior.
Avast Secure Browser is bundled with Avast antivirus. Software bundling is a marketing technique that allows the distribution of Avast Secure Browser and the antivirus as one program. Bundled software is designed to make browsers more secure, and faster, and reduce interruptions.
Some users complain that the browser was installed without their consent. As per their statements, the program installs without user consent or when Windows starts. The browser can be stopped from launching itself, deactivated through the task manager, or uninstalled altogether.
Is Avast’s secure browser needed?
Avast Secure Browser is a security-focused browser and is also a result of the discontinued SafeZone browser. Avast Secure Browser is very similar to Google ChromeIs Avast secure browser. A secure browser is a browser that uses encryption technology to allow users to send and receive information securely.
This is one of the reasons why you will find the Avast Secure browser useful. However, there have been reports of detected threats since the installation of the Avast web browser. Potential threats should be reason enough to uninstall the Avast Secure Browser.
How do I disable the Avast browser?
Avast Browser is notorious for slowing down the boot time and performance. You should stop Avast Browser from opening automatically each start your PC. If you did not know how to turn off the Avast browser, use the following steps.
Steps to disable Avast Secure web browser
You should stop it from opening automatically each time you start the PC, even if it’s your default browser. Modify the Startup Settings to block Avast Secure Browser from starting automatically when you start your PC.
- Launch the Avast Secure Browser window.
- Open the settings menu for Avast Secure Browser.
- Find the switch to disable the auto-startup feature and toggle to turn off auto-start-up.
If you wish to stop the overall Avast process, this is what you will have to do.
- Open the Windows Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl, Shift, and Esc keys together. You can also use the Task Termination window (Ctrl + Alt + Del) to access the Task Manager.
- Go to the Startup tab and locate all the Avast processes.
- Select one at a time and right-click on them.
- From the context menu, choose the Disable option to stop the process from launching on your computer, every time you boot it up.
Can I uninstall the Avast Secure Browser from my computer?
Yes, you can uninstall the Avast Secure Browser from your computer. Avast provides free antivirus protection and you should never uninstall this program even if you are experiencing problems with it. It is not recommended to uninstall Avast AntiVirus when it’s running because of the risk involved in doing so. If you are using Windows and want to remove Avast, install a different antivirus instead.
To avoid malware, users can close Avast Secure Browser or use an alternative browser that doesn’t open by default and doesn’t store personal information. Avast Secure Browser is a CPU storage hog. It slows down the performance of the host device.
How do I completely remove Avast on Windows 10?
There are three aspects of the Windows 10 PC and one other part tool that can help you get rid of the Avast secure browser on your computer –
- Windows Control Panel
- Apps and Features section in the Windows Settings
- Registry Editor
- Utility uninstallation programs
Uninstall Avast Secure Browser Via The Control Panel
- Open the Control Panel for the Windows system.
- In the Programs section, click on the Uninstall a Program link.
- Find Avast and select it.
- Now, click on the Uninstall option and wait for the process to complete.
You might have to interact with some prompts to confirm that you wish to uninstall the application from your completely.
Uninstall Via The Apps And Features Panel
- Press Windows + X on your keyboard.
- Select “Apps and Features” from the Quick Link menu that appears.
- Find Avast’s Secure Browser and click it to uninstall it.
- Reboot your system after uninstalling the browser.
Use the Registry Editor
- Launch the Windows Registry Editor, first. To do this you have to right-click the Start menu.
- Here, choose the Run (Windows + R) option.
- Type in regedit in the open field and execute this command.
- Click Edit and select Find from the drop-down menu.
- In the Find what box, type Avast and then click Find Next. Delete any files related to the Avast Secure Browser application. The files you’re intending to delete should not be system files and should be safe to delete.
- Restart your computer.
Use Avast’s Uninstalling Tool
- Download avastclear.exe on your desktop
- Open (execute) the uninstall utility and wait for it to end. It can take some time
- Restart your computer
Note: Be careful when removing Avast Antivirus from your system, there are chances of the wrong file getting deleted. You could also be looking at possible interruptions while the uninstallation is in progress. Do not abruptly stop the uninstalling process or shut your system down.
How do I completely remove Avast on Mac?
In order to completely remove Avast on a Mac, you will need to uninstall the application first.
- To do this, download the installer and install it in your Applications folder. Once that is done, you will need to remove the application from your Applications folder.
- In order to do this, go to Finder > Go > Go To Folder and type in /Applications/ then press enter.
- Once you’re in the Applications folder, you can drag and drop Avast into the trash.
Once the uninstallation process is complete, you will have to stop the Avast browser’s activities on your Mac PC. This is what you have to do.
- Select Empty Trash from the context menu when you right-click on your trash container.
- Then, within Finder, pick the Go option from the file menu.
- After that, choose “Go to Folder” from the drop-down menu.
- Then, in the search field, type /Library, and then hit the Return option to be sent to the Library directory.
- Use Avast Secure Browser to identify and inspect all of the folders attached to your Mac before deleting anything.
Lastly, you have to get rid of the traces of the Avast browser’s existence on your Mac. Here are your steps –
- After selecting the Avast Security emblem in the menu bar, select Open Avast Security.
- Choose Go from the main menu, then Applications, and lastly Avast by double-clicking it.
- Make sure the Avast Security window is open, then touch Avast on the left side of the navigation bar, then select Uninstall Avast Security.
- Click the Uninstall button to remove the program.
- When prompted, enter your operator Account Name and Password, or use Touch ID, and then tap OK.
- Remove Avast Secure Browser from your Mac by pressing the Quit Avast Secure Browser button.
Should I remove Avast?
Uninstalling Avast Secure Browser will remove all traces of the software from your computer. It is recommended that you do not install two antivirus programs at the same time to avoid conflicts.
If you really wish to uninstall the Avast browser, you can opt for the below-stated methods to do so.
Why is Avast not uninstalling?
Sometimes Avast doesn’t uninstall the program even after it’s been successfully removed.
- Avast is not uninstalling because of an error.
- Avast may be unable to uninstall the program because it is damaged or missing files.
- Avast is not uninstalling because the licensed version may be needed to repair the damaged system.
If you are experiencing any of these issues, try restarting your computer and then uninstalling the Avast tools.
These are the steps to get rid of the Avast secure browser from your computer and then, If you are having difficulty uninstalling a program, you should contact Avast support. Happy browsing!