The Astro A50 headset microphone is one of the most incredible gaming and all-around headsets available. It’s a fantastic headset, but some customers have had issues with it. They have a hard time conversing with people.
It’s particularly aggravating when you’re in the middle of a First-Person Shooter (FPS). You must communicate with your colleagues. To ensure that this failure does not recur, we’ve devised a method for permanently repairing your Astro A50.
Methods To Fix “Astro A50 Mic Not Working”
- Check Hardware Issues
- Update Firmware
- Set Your Microphone as Default
- Check your Sound settings
- Update your audio drivers
- Troubleshoot hardware issues
1. Check Hardware Issues
Determine if the issue is with the headset microphone or with your computer. You must first check a few things for hardware issues with your Astro PC. Firstly, Test your Astro A50 by connecting it to a functional PC. Then Test your Astro A50 by connecting it to another port on your computer.
If your Astro still won’t operate on a different port or computer, it’s likely broken. You may require to contact the vendor for technical help and after-sales servicing. You can go to the following solution if you are confident that your Astro A50 is in good working order.
2. Update Firmware
Your Astro A50’s firmware needs to be updated. You’ll need to rely on the Astro Command Center to make it.
- To obtain the Astro Command Center for your operating system, go to the Astro gaming software website. If you’re running Windows 10, you can get the software via the Microsoft Store.
- To finish the installation, follow the on-screen directions.
- Make sure your Astro gadget is in PC mode and connected to your computer through USB.
- Astro Command Center will automatically look for firmware upgrades once your device is connected. Then, after clicking Update, confirm the action.
You must reconnect your Astro A50 after installing any available firmware updates. The gadget should now be able to function correctly on your PC.
3. Set Your Microphone as Default
Your Astro A50 is not the default device on your computer or is disabled. You can also run into the problem of the Astro A50 mic not working. To change the related system settings, follow the steps outlined below.
- Select Sounds from the context menu by right-clicking the speaker icon on the Taskbar.
- Alternatively, you can set this from the control panel.
- Select the option “Recording tab” in the Sound window. If your Astro A50 isn’t showing up here, right-click any space and select Show Disabled Devices from the menu.
- Right-click the target device and select Enable from the menu that appears. Then right-click it again and select Set as Default Device from the drop-down menu.
- Save your settings, just click Apply, and then OK.
- Restart your computer and verify that your Astro A50 is again operational.
4. Check your sound settings
Make sure your Astro A50 headset microphone is turned on and set as your computer’s default microphone.
- Enter “mmsys.cpl” after pressing the Win and R buttons on your keyboard.
- Select the Recording tab from the drop-down menu.
- Make sure the microphone on your headset is turned on (right-click it and select Enable).
- Make sure the default microphone on your headset is turned on (right-click it and select Set as Default Device).
- Click the OK button.
Check to see if you can use your Astro A50 microphone right now.
5. Update your audio drivers
In some circumstances, the Astro A50 mic not working issue is caused by a corrupted or damaged audio driver. As a result, you can try updating your audio driver to the latest version to resolve the issue.
- Choose Device Manager from the context menu when you right-click the Start button.
- Expand the Sound, video, and gaming controllers category by double-clicking it.
- Choose Update driver from the context menu when you right-click the audio driver you wish to update.
- Pick “Search automatically for updated driver software.” Then install all available driver updates by following the on-screen directions.
- It will automatically install the correct driver in the system.
Also, use a reputable driver update application to update all of your outdated drivers at once.
6. Troubleshoot hardware issues
If your Astro A50 headset microphone is still not working after the previous suggestions, we may be dealing with a hardware issue. Please try plugging the headset USB cable into a different port on your computer to see whether the problem is due to your computer’s hardware.
The next step is to test the headset on a different PC. It should indicate whether your computer is the root of the problem.
At the end of the day, if nothing here helps, the chances of your Astro A50 being defective are very high. To be safe, consider returning it to the merchant or purchasing a different brand.
Most of the time above methods will solve the problem. If nothing else works, there’s a reasonable probability your Astro A50 is broken. To be safe, consider returning it to the merchant or purchasing a different brand.