ARK: Survival Evolved is a single-player and multiplayer game. Gamers often encounter the ARK unable to query server info for invite error. The gamers like to play this game on their computers or laptops. The error usually occurs when you invite a player to connect to your server for multi-playing.
There are several known reasons behind this error. But, some causes are still unknown. To draw an exact picture for you, you will get a brief on the causes of the said error in this article. Once you read the causes, you can scroll ahead from them to find the solutions for the same.
What Causes The ARK Unable To Query Server Info For Invite Error?
In most cases, the ARK unable to query server info for invite error is server-related. Either the server is suffering from damage, or its IP address changed. Also, if you are hosting a server, then it’s possible that there is some technical glitch.
To be more clear with the causes for you to understand, here are the reasons that might be causing this error:
- Glitched Winsock catalog settings might be causing the error. In such cases, you can’t rely on the manual process of sorting the settings. Resetting them back to their default settings is the only way out to resolve it.
- Connecting to a server that has ceased to exist or switched its location can also cause this error. And as you might have set the launch options to default, it might be failing to connect. You can try to disable this automated process to fix the error.
- Certain ports might be conflicting with your game and thus causing this error. To fix it, you would need to free them by redirecting them.
If these causes and their solutions sound complicated to you, worry not! As once you scroll down, you can find the step-by-step guide for executing the solutions.
Solutions For Ark Unable To Query Server Info For Invite
- Reset Winsock Catalog To Its Default Settings
- Connect To A New Server
- Redirect Ports By Accessing Router’s Interface
- Join the In-Game Server
- Reinstall The Steam Application
- Install The Game Again On Your PC
Fix Unable To Query Server Info For Invite Ark Issue
1. Reset Winsock Catalog To Its Default Settings
When an error such as “Unable to query server info for the invite” occurs, resetting the settings can work. Resetting the Winsock catalog can terminate the settings that are causing it. Also, if the error is the result of any technical glitch in the settings, doing so will end it too.
You can reset the settings by running a command on your system. Follow these steps to do that:
- Navigate to the search bar in the Start menu and type in Command Prompt. Right-click on the first result that appears on the screen. Choose Run as administrator option. If you are logged in as the admin, you can try the alternate method to open the run window. Tap on the Windows logo key along with the R key.
- You can also activate the administrator privileges by typing in cmd in the empty field of the Run window. And then pressing Ctrl, Shift and Enter keys together.
- Once your administrator privileges are active, you can type the following command:
netsh winsock reset
- After typing the above command, hit the enter key to apply it to your system.
A message will reflect on the screen as “Winsock reset completed successfully.” You can take it as a sign that you have done everything in a correct manner.
Go to the icon of Ark: Survival Evolved game and launch it. You can also open the game through steam. Make sure that the error no longer occurs while playing the game.
2. Connect To A New Server
If you have set the launch options to connect to the server by default, then changing the server might solve it. There is a high probability that your server no longer exists, or its IP address changed.
To overcome this problem, you can disable the launch option. Or set another server as your default server. Follow these steps to switch the server:
- If you have saved Steam on your desktop, then double-tap on it to open it. But, if you have not, then navigate to the search box in the Menu bar. Search Steam in it and click on it when it appears in the results.
- Go to the Library tab of Steam and search for ARK: Survival Evolved from the games list.
- Right-tap on it once you find the ARK: Survival Evolved game’s entry. A small context menu will display. Select the option of Properties from the available options in the context menu.
- Choose the Set launch option from the Properties window to alter its settings.
- Launch options window will appear on the screen. Remove the entry connect ‘server-IP’: port. Keep in mind that the port and server-IP will appear in the form of numbers. If you are unable to find this option, then you can try finding the IP address of the server that you want to set as default. Then type “connect <IP Address of the server>.”
Once you have changed the server, the error should cease to exist. Launch your game again to find this out. If the error doesn’t go away, try out other solutions as well.
3. Redirect Ports By Accessing Router’s Interface
There is an option for the players to host their own servers for playing ARK: Survival Evolved. But, sometimes, they are unable to start their server due to this error. At times like these, forwarding the ports that your game uses can resolve this issue. Also, to redirect ports, you must have access to your router’s settings. If everything is on point, follow these steps:
- Launch any web browser on your PC. Now, type the gateway number that you use as default in the address bar of the browser. Hit the enter key on your keyboard.
- To get access to your router’s interface, you will need to provide your username and password. Enter them in their respective fields. If you have not changed your router’s password, then you can find it in the documents that came with your router. It will have a username and password that will work for your router. If you can’t find it in the documents, check the router as some routers have this information on a sticker.
- Once you are in, try to locate the forwarding section in your browser.
- The interface of routers varies depending upon their manufacturers. The most common labels that might contain the forwarding ports option are:
- Firewall, Gaming, Applications, Port Forwarding, or Protected Setup.
- Once you find the above option, you will need to enter some basic information. After enabling the port forwarding option, create these ports:
TCP/UDP Ports- 7777 & 7778
TCP/UDP Port- 27015
- Select the Save & Apply options. It will save and apply the changes that you have made.
Run the game again to check if performing the above steps has resolved the error or not.
4. Join the In-Game Server (Favorites)
Sometimes there is a conflict between your Steam server and your game’s server. Due to this reason, you can experience the “unable to query server info for invite” error. You can surpass this error by accessing the in-game server. Here are the steps to join the in-game server of ARK:
- Open Steam on your system and navigate to the View option available in the toolbar. Click on it, and a drop-down menu will appear with several options on it.
- Choose the Servers option from the list.
- Now open the Favorites tab and choose “Add A Server” from it. You will find it at the bottom.
- An Add servers window will appear. You will see the option “Enter the IP address of the server you wish to add.” Below it, there will be an empty field—type in the IP address of the server that you want to add.
- Make sure to type the address correctly. After you have provided the IP address, click on “ADD THIS ADDRESS TO FAVORITES.” You will find this option beside the box where you have typed the address.
- Go to your game and launch it. Choose “Join ARK” to connect to the in-game server.
- Take the cursor downwards to the left corner and expand the option of Filter.
- Add Session Filter as Favorites.
- After performing the above steps, refresh the page. The server that you have created will be visible on the screen.
Close the game and when you relaunch it, join the server that you created.
5. Reinstall The Steam Application
If creating the new server didn’t work, then you can try reinstalling Steam. Your Steam server may be corrupted. So, to fix it, you will need to uninstall the application and then reinstall it. Follow these steps to reinstall Steam on your system:
- Go to the Windows search box through the Start Menu. Search for Apps in the search box and hit the enter button on your keyboard.
- From the results, select the Apps & Features option.
- In the search field of Apps & Features, type Steam.
- Select the Uninstall option. You will find it under the Steam App option.
- Confirm that you have deleted the program by searching for it again. If it does not appear in the results, then you can rest assured that it’s deleted. Also, a message will display as “We couldn’t find anything to show here.”
- Before reinstalling the application, reboot your system.
- After your system is back on, launch a browser and navigate to the search box.
- Type Steam for PC and hit the enter key.
- Open the official website of Steam’s store. Select the Download for Windows option. The download process will start.
- Install the downloaded file on your PC:
- Navigate to My downloads. Double-tap on SteamSetup.
- Keep on clicking on the Next option, stop once you see Choose Install Location option.
- Click on Browse to select the Destination Folder. Tap on the Install button.
- Wait till the process gets completed. Once it’s done, tap on Finish.
- Steam packages will start installing on your system by default. Wait till it’s completed.
Launch the ARK game, and if it got deleted, then download it. Steps to reinstall the game are in the next solution.
6. Install The Game Again On Your PC
If you do not want to uninstall Steam from your system, then you can try reinstalling the ARK game. But, perform this solution only when you have tried and tested all the other fixes.
Reinstalling the game has resolved this error for other players. Thus, there is a high probability that it can fix your error too. Keep in mind that the process can prolong if your internet speed is slow.
Those who have purchased the DVD of the game can follow these instructions:
- Navigate to the Control Panel from the Start menu. It’s usually on the right pane. If you can’t locate it, you can find it by searching the Control Panel in the search box. An alternate method is by clicking on the gear icon that will open the Settings App. This is for the new version of Windows.
- On the right, set the “View by:” as Category.
- Now select Uninstall a Program option from the Programs section.
- If you have opened the Setting App on your Windows 10, then you will need to tap on the Apps section. A list of all the programs that are on your system will display on the screen.
- Try to find ARK: Survival Evolved game and tap on it. Select the Uninstall option to uninstall the game.
- A dialogue box might appear to confirm your action. Confirm it to uninstall the game.
To uninstall the game via Steam, follow these steps:
- Launch the Steam application on your PC.
- Open the Library Tab from the Steam window. Try to find the ARK: Survival Evolved from the available lists.
- Once you locate the entry of the game, right-tap on it. A context menu will display, select Uninstall entry option.
- Several dialogue boxes might appear on the screen to confirm the process. Confirm it to uninstall the game from your system.
Reinstall The Game:
For those who have purchased a DVD:
- Insert the DVD into the Disk Drive.
- Installation Wizard will appear in front of you. Follow through with all the instructions to install and set up the game.
Steam users can follow these instructions:
- Go to the Library tab in your Steam application.
- Locate the game in the respective Library and right-click on it. Select the Install option.
After the process of installation completes, launch the game. Try connecting to the server to check whether the error is still there or not.
Conclusion – Ark Official Server Search Steam Query Port
These are some of the fixes that can help you in eliminating the “unable to query server info for invite” error. Another easy way to resolve this issue is to create your own ARK server hosting. The professional services will be quick, and there will be no connectivity error. Besides, many players have fixed this error by hosting the server for ARK.
If you have tried out all the solutions mentioned in this guide, then it’s time to visit a professional. Your system might be under attack by a virus or malware. The in-built antivirus programs may be unable to detect them. Thus, paying a visit to a skilled individual might help resolve this error.
Should You Start Steam After You Disable Windows Firewall?
You can, without any doubt, start steam after disabling Windows Firewall. Keep in mind that switching it off can result in unwanted traffic. This happens because the network channels are now unrestricted. And you won’t know when a virus will visit your computer system. Thus, it’s best to enable Windows Firewall after you’ve finished playing games.
How To Change Launch Option Setting For Ark?
If you want to change the settings of the Launch option for ARK, you will need to open Steam. From there, navigate to its Library and right-tap on the name of the game. A context menu will display. Choose the Properties options among the other options. Doing so will direct you to the Properties window that has the Set Launch option in it. Tap on it and find the option for Settings. Open it once you find it. From there, you can change whatever settings you want to.
How To Use Command Prompt To Fix The Ark Unable To Query Server Problem?
To make any error go away, resetting the settings to their default state is the best and the quickest fix. You can use the command prompt available on your system to reset the winsock catalog. All you need is to run a netsh winsock reset command in the run program as administrator.
Is There A Difference Between Nitrado Ark Server, Survival Servers Ark?
Nitrado is an inexpensive server that offers to host. It’s the fastest server that is leading the world of games. Survival servers ARK is a server that is usually played in survival mode. You will connect your game to the mode where gameplay is dependent on the surviving skills. Both these servers support cross-platform game playing.